Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

I don't think we need Niguez, his stats for interceptions/breaking up play etc are worse than Fred but he's a supreme passer of the ball. We need an Ndidi or Rice type, a ball winner, hounder, tackler type and leave the passing from midfield to Pogba,

Camavinga has left us looking a bit like the fat kid no one wants to pick. He initially said no to us as he wanted PSG and now he's off to Madrid? Fuck the cunt if he doesn't want to play for us.

And I agree with you Dozer, we need to shift the likes of Fred, Matic, Mata, Lingard et al before we start adding more players. Our squad is huge, probably bigger than it's ever been, and in a generation where we have some proper decent youth coming up through. Irony in that neither top class talent can be recruited nor top class youth be promoted because the existing squad has so much unsellable shit.
dozer
Legend

The problem with Fred like many others in our squad is his decision making. He can't shoot but he's a DM. That's fine. He does win tackles, runs a lot, makes interceptions etc so he's got the skills but his crap football iq makes this all moot. We've signed too many Nani brained players.
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 2 years ago The problem with Fred like many others in our squad is his decision making. He can't shoot but he's a DM. That's fine. He does win tackles, runs a lot, makes interceptions etc so he's got the skills but his crap football iq makes this all moot. We've signed too many Nani brained players.
To be fair, i think the problem with Fred is actually that he patently is NOT a DM and never was.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago The problem with Fred like many others in our squad is his decision making. He can't shoot but he's a DM. That's fine. He does win tackles, runs a lot, makes interceptions etc so he's got the skills but his crap football iq makes this all moot. We've signed too many Nani brained players.
To be fair, i think the problem with Fred is actually that he patently is NOT a DM and never was.
Yeah tbf this doesn't get said enough. He's not a 6. But he's also a crap attacking mid. He's just not a very good footballer, and he doesn't have the concentration or decision making to be a United player. Against Wolves we were playing one touch football on the edge of their area, his natural position, and under no pressure he passed the ball to Wolves, who then countered and nearly scored. This might sound harsh but he's a stupid cunt.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Madrid have no money and are fucked for the foreseeable but they're finding a way to sign one of the best young prospects in the game for a great price in Camavinga
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
FuB wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah tbf this doesn't get said enough. He's not a 6. But he's also a crap attacking mid. He's just not a very good footballer, and he doesn't have the concentration or decision making to be a United player. Against Wolves we were playing one touch football on the edge of their area, his natural position, and under no pressure he passed the ball to Wolves, who then countered and nearly scored. This might sound harsh but he's a stupid cunt.
Absolutely. I completely agree with both you and dozer as to his (footballing) intelligence. That said, it's been abundantly clear to anyone who watches him play that he's not fit to play in that position, even when only required to do half the job in a double pivot, so Ole persisting with him as seemingly the first choice is just fucking criminal. How can a coaching staff that includes Carrick not see that many of our problems, especially defensively, land firmly at his door?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Madrid have no money and are fucked for the foreseeable but they're finding a way to sign one of the best young prospects in the game for a great price in Camavinga
That's what I thought (about money), but then they've been linked with Mbappe.
Jason
Star Man

Wtf are the club at, honestly.

Id have rathered we signed neves instead of sancho or ronaldo, both are good, but positions that we have better options compared to what we are starting in cmf
dozer
Legend

Rumors that PSG might sign Martial if they sell Mbappe. I don't believe this but please God, let this happen.
If James is 30m, Martial is 60m
fat maradona
Legend

Can't see us signing anyone between now and the end of the transfer window.

Oh what I'd give for a deadline day deal like the Nani/Anderson one, when the news came out of the blue.