Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago All this "done deal", "deal agreed" "de Jong set to be announced" - he still hasn't actually signed the deal yet. It's been well over a week. You start wondering if he's actually going to.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Barca wanted it done after July 1st, so the funds fall into this coming seasons cycle of FFP. i.e. so they can spend it on coming transfers rather than have it included in last years numbers. No idea how true that is though.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago All this "done deal", "deal agreed" "de Jong set to be announced" - he still hasn't actually signed the deal yet. It's been well over a week. You start wondering if he's actually going to.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Barca wanted it done after July 1st, so the funds fall into this coming seasons cycle of FFP. i.e. so they can spend it on coming transfers rather than have it included in last years numbers. No idea how true that is though.
That's today then. So we'll see.

There are also "complications" with the Malacia deal now.

I wonder if the club are briefing before the deals are actually done.
bman2
Legend

Malacia has apparently made his dad his agent. I suspect that means once the United deal was on the cards, the dad got involved and wants his own big pay day too. I’d say this deal will collapse. United briefing on a deal that’s not yet done… amateur hour.

A reporter for Telegraaf in Holland is also saying we don’t have enough money for Martinez and Antony. So if we get Martinez, that’s us done. Makes sense because things have gone very quiet on Antony despite the player openly pushing for the move.

A month into the window, and we’ve done nothing.
bman2
Legend

Expect the United PR machine to start hyping our academy players big time during preseason.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'll judge our business at the end of the window. I'm not optimistic though. A decent window would be:

De Jong
Malacia
Eriksen
Martinez
Antony

But to do that, we'll need to shift some deadwood and get our finger out.
FuB
Site Admin

swampash wrote: 1 year ago ...Bruno is the obvious choice out of those three but would a Dutch player be a better choice if they are more used to Ten Hag‘s tactics?
:eatpopcorn:
Bruno seems to get quite flouncy when things aren't going his way. Does that make him the right role model for a team where we want to eradicate players having a strop?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago

That's today then. So we'll see.

There are also "complications" with the Malacia deal now.

I wonder if the club are briefing before the deals are actually done.
I'd read it was the same deal with Eriksen. He wasn't out of contract until today.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

Lyon have said they dropped the Malacia deal because they were asked to make dodgy payments to unknown parties. Let’s see what happens.
bman2
Legend

First time we haven’t made a signing in June since 2010 apparently.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago First time we haven’t made a signing in June since 2010 apparently.
That's telling. All this "keep calm, it's still early days, not signing anyone is normal" is unfounded.