Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

It is fucked that Young, Jones and Blind were pushed to the fore at the launch of the new shirt - no Rooney, the most famous player in the world alongside Ronaldo and Messi, because he's a Nike player

I saw a documentary recently that talked about how involved the sponsors are in modern football. They help organise transfers now. They do the ringing between clubs, the schmoozing etc.

And you know when a player is unveiled to the press, it's the sponsors that organise that - Nike or Adidas usually. They organise the time and date, get the press down, get the table, put the buffet on. So I can believe that Adidas would prefer us to sign an Adidas player.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Raf is off to Lyon
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Raf is off to Lyon

Enevitable really. Injuries no doubt spoilt his career here. He's like glass.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

5 years ago

urboystook1hellofabeating wrote:Totally believable.
So who are the Adidas sponsored players we could do with then...?
There's this guy that just blew up in the Copa Amerca. Angel something......
Count Jackson
First Teamer

5 years ago

Twisted Blood wrote:
urboystook1hellofabeating wrote:Totally believable.
So who are the Adidas sponsored players we could do with then...?
There's this guy that just blew up in the Copa Amerca. Angel something......
We could do without players like that Twisted. He did nothing for us and took everything... including the piss.
Do you want Fries with that?
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

So it does actually look like we are going to start the season with one striker, (and one unproven kid). This strikes me as negligence really.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:So it does actually look like we are going to start the season with one striker, (and one unproven kid). This strikes me as negligence really.

And Wilson doesn't look ready, could do with a loan, probably be Jacuzzi as back up striker or Depay
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Apparently Pedro getting finished this week, the fact his buy out clause is low is the only thing at remotely takes the sting out of the ADM shambles.
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:Apparently Pedro getting finished this week, the fact his buy out clause is low is the only thing at remotely takes the sting out of the ADM shambles.
Is it tho? Or is it about his right value?
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
redzebs wrote:Apparently Pedro getting finished this week, the fact his buy out clause is low is the only thing at remotely takes the sting out of the ADM shambles.
Is it tho? Or is it about his right value?

In today's world? Who the fuck knows, but Spanish International in his prime, scores goals, over 50 caps for Spain and 200 for Barca, Id say its low.