Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:OK, so now the press in Spain are claiming the real reason De Gea wants out, is Van Galls fault...

Get this... apparently, De Gea was ready to sign a new contract last year... Van Gall bocked it, because he wanted Navas...

Once Real snapped up Navas, Van Gall said, fine, give De Gea his contract, at which point De Gea said, fuck off, you had your chance, I'm not going to be anyones second choice...

What do you lot think of that?

I find it hard to believe Van Gall would be so cavalier with our best player, and that we're only hearing about it now... still... makes you wonder...
Sounds like Perez starting to feed the press some total horse-shit. LVG is a stubborn, weird old cunt, but I don't have him as stupid. Utd must have tried everything to get him to sign a new contract....why wouldn't they? He's our prize asset, or would have been if he had signed.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:Did anyone see that rumour that we'd made a double bid for De Vrij and Anderson? Probably total bullshit, but it would be a bit exciting at least.
Think I saw that in the metro!! They usually say....'sources close to United....' Which I think means they get some cunt to stand near OT when they make shit up.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:If Rooney did his metatarsal tomorrow, we have one recognised forward in Wilson
Yup, he'd play Depay there wouldn't he?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

5 years ago

The single biggest reason I can think of to call that story out as shit is that even if Van Gaal didn't rate De Gea, we'd have signed him up to maintain his value, like we did with Nani.
Steggo
Legend

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:OK, so now the press in Spain are claiming the real reason De Gea wants out, is Van Galls fault...

Get this... apparently, De Gea was ready to sign a new contract last year... Van Gall bocked it, because he wanted Navas...

Once Real snapped up Navas, Van Gall said, fine, give De Gea his contract, at which point De Gea said, fuck off, you had your chance, I'm not going to be anyones second choice...

What do you lot think of that?

I find it hard to believe Van Gall would be so cavalier with our best player, and that we're only hearing about it now... still... makes you wonder...
Sounds like Perez starting to feed the press some total horse-shit. LVG is a stubborn, weird old cunt, but I don't have him as stupid. Utd must have tried everything to get him to sign a new contract....why wouldn't they? He's our prize asset, or would have been if he had signed.
These are 2 stories from February this year http://www.givemesport.com/546462-louis ... e-deserves http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... de-5229068 which should have set alarm bells ringing. Now either there is an element of truth in the Spanish report or Perez and Madrid have played a very long game. As to Van Gaal not praising De Gea I remember feeling quite uneasy at the time and thinking that was not the way to go,it seemed to me that things were not right. Is it part of Van Gaals mentality? If so I worry that his 'philosophy' is both losing good players and not attracting good ones.
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

Fucking hell steggo, did you have those ready to go?
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

This thread is worse than when we never signed a midfielder for 6 seasons tbf

The conspiracy theories from off topic and have leaked into the main forum and its causing people to lose the plot.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
danniitronix
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:This thread is worse than when we never signed a midfielder for 6 seasons tbf

The conspiracy theories from off topic and have leaked into the main forum and its causing people to lose the plot.
:ymapplause:
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

At most it just means that Mendes has tried to peddle the "Van Gaal hurt David's fragile ego" line before. De Gea signed up Mendes ages ago to arrange the move to Real, the talk of him going there goes back well before Van Gaal even joined the club. This shit has been in the works for a good two years at least.

If Real don't make a decent offer, stick De Gea in the reserves and don't deal with Mendes again. We're the club sitting on a massive heap of money, agents and players will come knocking on our door regardless, so we should take the financial hit now to send the message that cunts and their cunt agents burn their bridges with us if they act like cunts. Which they are. Cunts.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Especially because we've got a solid track record of doing right by players when we sell them on: we let them go somewhere they'll be happy and don't just hold out for the highest bid. We even did that when Ferguson forced a player out -- they always landed well, and we've done the same for Van Persie this summer. So it's not right for a player like De Gea to negotiate in bad faith for the best part of two years, it has to be a two way street.