Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Hag will know what he wants. Left back doesn't seem a priority to me. Not that I rate Telles, and Shaw is cold more than he's hot but an in form and fit Shaw should be a good fit for Hag's style. I'd have thought a new left back would be one for next summer. But hey ho. There are very few of these cunts I'm bothered about keeping.
A left back is indeed a priority ffs.
Shaw is crap mate . An in form Shaw is a fluke.

Hopefully they throw him out and not Telles. Rangnick seemed to prefer Telles anyway.

The club in true united style will probably keep all three with a new contract for Shaw.
bman2
Legend

I'll have to look up this Malacia. And yeah, the reported fee for De Jong seems good. Fair play to the club if that works out.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Hag will know what he wants. Left back doesn't seem a priority to me. Not that I rate Telles, and Shaw is cold more than he's hot but an in form and fit Shaw should be a good fit for Hag's style. I'd have thought a new left back would be one for next summer. But hey ho. There are very few of these cunts I'm bothered about keeping.

Hopefully they throw him out and not Telles. Rangnick seemed to prefer Telles anyway.

The club in true united style will probably keep all three with a new contract for Shaw.
Every position is a priority.

LB is well down the list for me. I'd have a new RB, CB, 2 MF, and Right Forward and probably another striker before we start to think about left back.

But ive no clue how ETH sets his teams up, and what how key the fbs are to his system, regardless I'd have thought RB was more pressing.
Jason
Star Man

Romano is reporting Malacia is only 15m euros. At that price, if ETH rates him, get him in.
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago

Every position is a priority.

LB is well down the list for me. I'd have a new RB, CB, 2 MF, and Right Forward and probably another striker before we start to think about left back.

But ive no clue how ETH sets his teams up, and what how key the fbs are to his system, regardless I'd have thought RB was more pressing.
Wan bissaka isn't a starter but he's certainly better than Shaw. bissaka can at least be a back up. Shaw isn't good enough for the squad.

And any position which has a crap player plying there for 8 years is certainly a priority for replacement.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'm not talking about whether we need better dozer. We literally need 10 or 11 replacements. We ain't getting them all in a summer. We'll get 3 or 4. 5 at an absolute push and that'll only be if one is Eriksen.

We desperately need 2 quality mids. We desperately need a proper right sided forward, because Elanga ain't up to it. And we very much need a proper CB so we can play a higher line. RB is in worse shape than LB.

So no, LB ain't a priority in my eyes.
bman2
Legend

Definitely seems like TH's priority at the moment is passing and possession, given the De Jong and Malacia signings. So he's probably evaluating the likes of Shaw and Bissaka in that light.

These first two signings seem very financially prudent by our recent standards. Are we truly going to stop being the game's dumbest suckers?

I read that the €15M Malacia deal is even structured as €3M per season. So we're really counting every euro. Suggests we're a bit skint, which we know, but also that there are good number of players that we want to sign. The "waiting for the De Jong deal to finalise" message starting to make sense if we've really parcelled out the budgeted with no margin for error.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I'm not talking about whether we need better dozer. We literally need 10 or 11 replacements. We ain't getting them all in a summer. We'll get 3 or 4. 5 at an absolute push and that'll only be if one is Eriksen.

We desperately need 2 quality mids. We desperately need a proper right sided forward, because Elanga ain't up to it. And we very much need a proper CB so we can play a higher line. RB is in worse shape than LB.

So no, LB ain't a priority in my eyes.
We've got no left winger, so the LB position is important to the attack. Our left "winger" will be right footed player like Sancho cutting inside.
dozer
Legend

Our fullbacks are worse than our centre backs, midfield, strikers and wingers. Especially the left back. So it's definitely a priority.
Centre backs get all the criticism because they have to deal with the shit our midfielders and fullbacks are responsible for.

Ideally we need 2 new left backs and 2 right backs to have some competition. It's been our shittiest position in our squad for a decade
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Our fullbacks are worse than our centre backs, midfield, strikers and wingers. Especially the left back. So it's definitely a priority.
Centre backs get all the criticism because they have to deal with the shit our midfielders and fullbacks are responsible for.

Ideally we need 2 new left backs and 2 right backs to have some competition. It's been our shittiest position in our squad for a decade
Yeah our fullbacks haven't impressed going forward or defending for a good long while. Young and Tony V were much better!