Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

marlon wrote:De Gea price is fine. Would've been a whole lot better 3 months ago. Cost us 5-10 points and no time to get the right replacement.

Januzaj/Wilson going out on loan is great. If van Gaal's not going to allow them to make mistakes and develop its much better they go out on loan where they might actually play.
DDG's price is fine. Listened to an older Graham Hunter podcast with Gary Neville. He said the Pep/Van Gaal/Barca possession control teams need a special talent like a Messi to actually score from all the passing.Without it, Barca finish with a lot fewer trophies. Obvious, sure, but it points out the fatal flaw of possession based football. When you couple that with LVG's presser a few weeks back that he needs a special talent to make it go, the Martial acquisition makes sense. It's a punt sure, but it's a calculated risk and hell, it's not his money....
Davey-boy
Star Man

Sid wrote:
dozer wrote:Image
It's a total rebuild. He literally doesn't want hardly any of the players he inherited

Rooney wants to be careful, he might not rate him either, and the Glazers are clearly backing Gaal on every decision, so he needs to start performing soon

Btw has Gaal actually said we're going for the title this season or is it just the fans, the pundits and the press - because they have decided amongst themselves that 2 seasons is enough to build a winning team? Because the massive rebuild is still under way, so it might be next season that we're nearer to the finished thing
Think he's always said it'd be the third year hasn't he? We seem to be further behind city than ever though. Let's hope this new kid really is a big deal.
Dosdamt
First Teamer

Martial will be sold to Newcastle for 8m in 3 seasons

This transfer window went from bad to farce pretty quickly
Lakendary
Reserves

Holy fuck. We sold everyone. I don't even recognize this squad anymore. I do hope the next manager doesn't do the same. We'll be stuck in the re-building phase forever, like Arsenal.
lars072
Star Man

So Evans chicharito januzaj blackett lindegaard and likely DDG and Wilson leave all in the space of a week and NO ONE has come in? All summer we've needed a striker and a central defender. Still waiting...
marlon
Legend

Johnstone, McNair, Lingard and Pereira the only youth players left at the club now? Bringing in Navas and Romero so Johnstone won't even be in the squad. McNair is probably our 5th choice CB and 3rd choice RB. Has Lingard even been in a match day squad this season? Has Pereira played?

Reckon that youth player record will end some time this season.
lars072
Star Man

The club is a joke. Which youth team players would want to stay if they're not given a chance? Hell look at Pogba! My oh my how things have changed since the class of '92
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Sid wrote:
dozer wrote:Image
It's a total rebuild. He literally doesn't want hardly any of the players he inherited

Rooney wants to be careful, he might not rate him either, and the Glazers are clearly backing Gaal on every decision, so he needs to start performing soon

Btw has Gaal actually said we're going for the title this season or is it just the fans, the pundits and the press - because they have decided amongst themselves that 2 seasons is enough to build a winning team? Because the massive rebuild is still under way, so it might be next season that we're nearer to the finished thing
Sid... I get what you're saying... but does the way we're going about our transfer business look like a carefully thought out "rebuild" job to you???... because to me, it looks like we're making it up as we go...

I don't think there's any great "plan" here... Van Gall has been given a job, by people who know nothing about football, and still, I bet they argue with him about the best way to go about it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

MEN saying Rojo could be off now too. Alf's right - it's make it up as you go.
bman2
Legend

Twisted Blood wrote:
marlon wrote:De Gea price is fine. Would've been a whole lot better 3 months ago. Cost us 5-10 points and no time to get the right replacement.

Januzaj/Wilson going out on loan is great. If van Gaal's not going to allow them to make mistakes and develop its much better they go out on loan where they might actually play.
DDG's price is fine. Listened to an older Graham Hunter podcast with Gary Neville. He said the Pep/Van Gaal/Barca possession control teams need a special talent like a Messi to actually score from all the passing.Without it, Barca finish with a lot fewer trophies. Obvious, sure, but it points out the fatal flaw of possession based football. When you couple that with LVG's presser a few weeks back that he needs a special talent to make it go, the Martial acquisition makes sense. It's a punt sure, but it's a calculated risk and hell, it's not his money....
Yep, look at the Spanish national side (prior to Brazil) which was very Barcelona-esque. Obviously the best international side around for a good 6 years or so, won the WC and the EC, but without Messi they were dull as fuck, winning most games 1-0 or 2-0 if they really turned on the style.