Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

At least we're getting rid of the crap.
In the Fergie era, he stacked up on a lot of shit players, although tbf to Fergie, he's delivered results on a much smaller budget.
Even Moyes retained the dross.

In a year of having LVG here, we've got rid of Cleverley, Nani, Fletcher, Welbeck, Hernandez, Henriques, Zaha, Kagawa, Buttner, Bebe, Anderson, Macheda, Powell etc.
Yeah RVP, Rio and Vidic were great players but they were let go at the right time.

Van Gaal must be spending a lot on players but he's sure saving up a lot on wages.
I remember Fergie once saying that the average players are the ones who're overpaid, not the good ones and that he's strugged to beat that system.
iirc this was mentioned when Wes Brown had issues with his pay and Fergie told him to fuck off. Wes stayed though.

Overall, perhaps LVG is operating on a tighter budget, by looking at the first teamers he's got rid of
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Sid wrote:It's still a total piss take of a fee, for a top striker in Van Persie who still has shitloads to offer

For all the praise Gill and Woodwood get for bringing in these big names, they don't have just fucking bend over when we sell someone, Ronnie being the only exception

If our financss ever go tits up you have to look at this as one of the reasons
There will no doubt be clauses, but you can't blame the Turks for wanting him cheap considering his injury record... any club would be foolish to spend more than £5mill on Van Persie now... if he plays a lot and scores a lot, then I bet we get more for him...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Spudiator
First Teamer

From BBC Sportsday Live:
Want big football transfer news? Here you go....

Turkish club Fenerbahce say they have begun talks with Dutch forward Robin van Persie and his club Manchester United over the 31-year-old's transfer.
That to be suggests that negotiations are at a very early stage, in contrast to various other reports that seemed to suggest it was practically a done deal. It seems inevitable that it's gonna happen now, but I don't think it'll be as quick as some suggested.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

bman2 wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
Yeah but £200k pw off the wages bill.....ready for the superstar signing we are definitely about to make....aren't we?
Falcao, Persie, Nani, that's a decent wad of cash on wages saved. Evans and Rafael are probably on pretty decent money too since they've been with us a while. I you think that we were willing to pay De Gea on the order of 200k a week, in terms of the club's wage structure, we can very easily afford to pay the wages of a superstar or even two of them.
Rumour from Spain is we bid £100mill for Bale which was turned down... we've accepted £28mill for De Gea... and will bid £60mill for Ramos...

Fuck sake... I hope none of that is true!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Davey-boy
Star Man

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:
Yeah but £200k pw off the wages bill.....ready for the superstar signing we are definitely about to make....aren't we?
Falcao, Persie, Nani, that's a decent wad of cash on wages saved. Evans and Rafael are probably on pretty decent money too since they've been with us a while. I you think that we were willing to pay De Gea on the order of 200k a week, in terms of the club's wage structure, we can very easily afford to pay the wages of a superstar or even two of them.
Rumour from Spain is we bid £100mill for Bale which was turned down... we've accepted £28mill for De Gea... and will bid £60mill for Ramos...

£60m for a CB? Must be a joke
Snoopcousins
Legend

I think we must have a striker already lined up if we're getting rid of RVP so quickly...
It's a bit like when we flogged Welbeck just before announcing Falcao...

I hope it's Muller, but wouldnt be surprised if someone like Benzema
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Dosdamt
First Teamer

Plenty of rumours that Di Maria will be off to PSG, 17m loss on him.
bman2
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:

£60M for Ramos sounds just totally insane, no way can that be true. Ramos plus another player, maybe.
Steggo
First Teamer

bman2 wrote:£60M for Ramos sounds just totally insane, no way can that be true. Ramos plus another player, maybe.
Really? From a club that paid £27.5 for Fellaini? Our transfer policy stinks. And by the way,if we do get Ramos for £60 million all the politicking by Woodworm will show what a total no-mark he is in the world of football. Madrid win again. We must be stupid to pay that for a 29 year old.

Once we had put that £100 million bid for Bale that was the end of any really big signings. It will be 'we did try' again or we'll end up with another Di Maria who won't fit into the 'philosophy' but will cost a great deal.
marlon
Legend

Lots of talk van Gaal would be happy to see di Maria leave. Talented as he is, if he's not happy here and the manager doesn't rate him, we should let him go. No way we should make a loss when PSG and Bayern are bidding.