Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Lakendary wrote:
Spudiator wrote:I'm not convinced we're gonna bring in anyone up front, not unless some high-profile player makes themselves very publicly available. As it is, I reckon we'll have Rooney as the main lone striker up front, Chicharito as backup, and Wilson for the cup games. Rooney's captain, so there's no way he's getting dropped any time soon, and to be fair, if he can keep fit, and has some decent support creating chances for him, he could still be a perfectly able striker for us.

At the moment, I just wish something concrete would happen, all this constant, baseless speculation from the tabloids is driving me to despair!
I don't think Rooney can stay fit all season long. If RvP does leave we have to replace him with a striker. I don't know who that striker may be, but we will definitely bring in a striker.
Yeah, Rooney's reaching that age where you're not surprised to see him picking up hamstring, calf problems... losing Van Persie, Chico, and Wilson, and not bringing in another striker would be criminally negligent...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

I actually think Schnierderlin is a done deal, and has been for a while...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Someone posted a link once stating that we were waiting for the Adidas contract to begin prior to announcing new signings.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

6 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Pikey McScum wrote:"it's the hope that kills you..."

Are we bringing that back this year again?

Fuck yeah we are. It's my lasting legacy on here.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Pikey McScum
Legend

6 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
redzebs wrote:
Pikey McScum wrote:"it's the hope that kills you..."

Are we bringing that back this year again?

Fuck yeah we are. It's my lasting legacy on here.
That and the gonorrhea
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

bri almost as big an embarrassment to his country as spike tbf
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:bri almost as big an embarrassment to his country as spike tbf

Almost.... You should pay a trip to your ancestors in the Rhondda Valleys, what a fucking gene pool up there.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

dozer wrote:At least we have Carrick and Blind is decent cover for that role.
We should be addressing our right central defence, and our no. 9. A top creative midfielder would be nice too. We don't even have decent starting
players for these roles.
I like Blind but he's not good enough to play in midfield. Not physical enough to be a CB and not fast enough to be a left back. Carrick has missed a lot of the last two seasons - he's been as bad as our CBs with injuries - and Blind isn't good enough to play in such an important position for more than half a season.

Rooney has played 75+ games in the last two seasons. It's a risk not buying another striker, but Rooney will probably be fit for most of the games and it's definitely less of a priority than CB, RB and DM.

Also we already have two incredible attacking midfielders. Why does everyone here ignore the fact that di Maria is a CM?
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I actually think Schnierderlin is a done deal, and has been for a while...
Koeman said today we'd had a bid rejected two weeks ago and hadn't come back since.
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Yeah, Rooney's reaching that age where you're not surprised to see him picking up hamstring, calf problems... losing Van Persie, Chico, and Wilson, and not bringing in another striker would be criminally negligent...
Wilson? Where's he going?