Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Davey-boy
Legend

6 years ago

Is this what you're all talking about as our fucking useless football club aren't signing us any new players
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Hang on Bman, you're saying there that Moyes will revolutionise Spanish football by making em "hard to beat"

If that happened you could kiss goodbye to the quality football the Spanish fans enjoy, it will be all battlers, fry ups and rhetoric

Maybe this is our plan to become the best at football? If you can't beat em, go over there and ruin their game from the inside

Phil Neville the latest agent, ruining Valencia
Snoopcousins
Legend

6 years ago

fat maradona wrote:I'm with Sid on this. None of the elite will come to the UK whilst in their prime. We'll either have them in the PL when they're still learning or once they're over the hill.

I don't think it's anything to do with money. I think quality of life, location etc is more of a factor. Living in Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Milan etc is far more appealing than living in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham etc. The London clubs don't struggle the same way as we do. Does anyone remember Mark Fish? Back in 1995 he was an awesome defender. He supported United as a kid (coming from SA) and a deal was agreed for him. At the last minute Lazio stepped in and he signed for them. When asked why, he replied 'I had the choice of living in Rome or Manchester. What did you expect?!'....

We do get some works class players in the PL ...but usually its only because they have been let go by the likes of Real and Barca...
Fabregas? One of our best and is only back because Barca had better in their first XI

Hazard? Bought as a prospect, no doubt will be a target for Real very soon - and woukdnt be surprised if he went.

We can get lucky and get players like Ruud that come from Holland and seem to like the PL without being swayed as much by Spain..
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

fat maradona wrote:I'm with Sid on this. None of the elite will come to the UK whilst in their prime. We'll either have them in the PL when they're still learning or once they're over the hill.

I don't think it's anything to do with money. I think quality of life, location etc is more of a factor. Living in Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Milan etc is far more appealing than living in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham etc. The London clubs don't struggle the same way as we do. Does anyone remember Mark Fish? Back in 1995 he was an awesome defender. He supported United as a kid (coming from SA) and a deal was agreed for him. At the last minute Lazio stepped in and he signed for them. When asked why, he replied 'I had the choice of living in Rome or Manchester. What did you expect?!'....
Mark Fish? Fuck me, there's a name from the past! Didn't he end up at Bolton?
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:Hang on Bman, you're saying there that Moyes will revolutionise Spanish football by making em "hard to beat"

If that happened you could kiss goodbye to the quality football the Spanish fans enjoy, it will be all battlers, fry ups and rhetoric

Maybe this is our plan to become the best at football? If you can't beat em, go over there and ruin their game from the inside

Right, once the fry up stereotypes come out, then so am I.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Maybe Sid should move to Spain, look how many problems that would sort out for him..........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:Hang on Bman, you're saying there that Moyes will revolutionise Spanish football by making em "hard to beat"

I didn't say Moyes would revolutionize Spanish football, I said I can see more of the smaller Spanish clubs trying to make themselves harder to beat. It's getting to the point that most Liga matches are training exercises for Barca and Real between their Champions League games.

Anyway, I don't really care. Woody you tool, fucking sign someone!!!
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Maybe Sid should move to Spain, look how many problems that would sort out for him..........
The old "Why don't you move there if you like it so much" because I'm criticising the Prem

I didn't have you down as much of a patriot, Laz but then tbf you don't ever really say anything of content or original, you just kind of reply at the end of a convo with something snidey or just daft

And you've got shitloads of posts so you must do this a lot
swampash
Legend

6 years ago

Sammer implying Schweini might be leaving Bayern, Guardiola saying he's planning for him to be in the squad next year.
Lahm is out of contract next season too.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Maybe Sid should move to Spain, look how many problems that would sort out for him..........
The old "Why don't you move there if you like it so much" because I'm criticising the Prem

I didn't have you down as much of a patriot, Laz but then tbf you don't ever really say anything of content or original, you just kind of reply at the end of a convo with something snidey or just daft

And you've got shitloads of posts so you must do this a lot

I think he was being sarcastic plus he's not even English never mind a patriot, mountain, molehill, Sid
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.