Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Pikey McScum
Legend
Posts: 1019
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Awful window this time - I know it's barely opened, but it's got more than a whiff of the Sneijder Years about it...
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Fuck there's still the odd one about him because of the Dutch connection ffs

Thing is, if we hadn't had all the drama in the past and LVG wanted him on a free for example, you'd say right fair enough if the wages were that of a decent squad player
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8621
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... 13226782/-

Right... so now this is getting really interesting... Calderon has stuck his boot in... that will get right up the nose of Perez...
Real is such a reality TV circus of a club. It's entertaining, I'll give them that.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8621
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Pikey McScum wrote:Awful window this time - I know it's barely opened, but it's got more than a whiff of the Sneijder Years about it...
Buying Depay is a big positive, but other than that I know what you mean. Even if we managed to get Ramos, would paying a 30M transfer fee and 10M a year in wages to bag a 29 year old be anything to cheer about? We're like fucking City or PSG now.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:It smacks to me of United chasing unrealistic targets whilst pissng about over realistic targets that would actually improve us.
Yes of course that's what's happening.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:It smacks to me of United chasing unrealistic targets whilst pissng about over realistic targets that would actually improve us.
Yes of course that's what's happening. We snuck into 4th because of DDG and pool sucking but will we be any better next season without DDG? Doubt it
Spudiator
Star Man
Posts: 736
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Horsham

6 years ago

I've been back and forth in my head over this Ramos speculation since it began, and yes, it does seem like an excessive amount of money for a player of his age, but maybe that's just the way the transfer market has gone now. Bear in mind that Real Madrid themselves paid around £45million for Zinedine Zidane at around the same age, then a world record transfer. Now I realise Zidane was one of the world's finest and it's hard to draw comparisons, but if a player is among the best in the world at his position, and that position happens to be exactly what we're in need of, then it's worth a punt. I've said before that Smalling and Jones are still both young enough to up their game and become good enough for us if they just had one senior, experienced, top-class defender alongside them to learn from and develop their own game. When Rio and Vidic were at the club there was too much competition, both were automatic starters, so neither was ever gonna get enough game-time to progress, but if there's just one automatic starter alongside whichever of them shows the most promise, then the hope is still there. Not for Evans though, he needs to be shown the door immediately!

More to the point, Ramos seems like he has a winners mentality, and that's exactly what we need, our last Premier League title already seems like an age ago, and a lot of our current team now has very little experience of being in a title-winning team. Short-termism or not, if a player like Ramos can help us towards a league title, it'll massive help the younger and less experienced players.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26383
Joined: 8 years ago

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:But Alf, what makes you think we'll get the world's greatest players when we literally never have (the ones we didn't produce like)?

Like you say money isn't enough - other teams can compete with us

And yeah the likes of Tottenham and West Ham attract decent players but only because we can't produce em. If these clubs were any good they'd beat their counterparts in Europe regularly. But they don't. Everton were the only team to get past the first knock out stage last season.

Like oir Spanish and Italian counterparts have quality right throughout their squads but a lot of it is homegrown and doesn't come eith a big transfer fee and a ton of hype. We don't rate em, basically because we're money driven now and only have eyes for the Prem. But they are quality, that's why they beat our teams
That's 2 different arguments though Sid... I've got my own theories on why we don't produce more English talent, but that's got nowt to do with the simple fact... the Premier league is minting it... right or wrong, it is... and Bayern is just as wealthy and self sustaining because their fan supported model is awesome... but it's a fact, that the German league is totally skewed, even worse now that Dortmund have been gutted... they'll be back, for sure... too powerful a club but, new manager, lost most of their top players... could be a few years...

And Real and Barca are literally just running away from every other team in Spain... the financial disparity is ridiculous... "a couple "El Crapicos" alone are not going to win over the global markets... the Premier league is whoring itself all over, and doing a fine fuckin job of it...

The league is wealthy... and starting to think like the richest league in the world... Mourinho's back, and givin it large... Guardiola says he wants to come here... Klopp wants to come here... the best Real could get was fat waiter Benitez, after sacking one of the all time greats...

It might not be pretty, but the PL is a monster, and it's only a matter of time before the global sponsorships and world wide coverage start to attract more Hazards, Agueros, Depays... they may not be Ronaldo and Messi, but enough of them in one team is enough to win the Champs league again...
Yeah but the argument is that the world's greatest most special players won't come here - not the likes of Depay and Aguero

They didn't come here when we had the most dominant teams in Europe in the 70s and 80s, and they won't come here now that we have the richest league

We're getting into the league argument again... You don't rate em because you buy into the Prem hype. But for many La Liga is the league to watch if you want football, technique, speed, ideas. They're full of it. A lot of people prefer that to the "drama" of the Prem, which is apparently its main selling point. Also they always get the special players like Messi, Zidane and Cruyff which is another reason people watch it.

And Serie A only went to shit because of corruption, fines, points docked etc. Not because they became shit at football. It will come back. It already is with 3 Italians clubs in the semis of both European competitions. They're on course to take England's fourth spot unless we suddenly get good at football again, which will be a massive blow for the Prem and its value

Also a big reason these rich cunts bought our clubs not others in Europe is because other countries protect theirs, like in Spain and Germany. If it were possible Bayern, Barca and Real would have been snapped up before the likes of City and PSG. They're prestigious, historic and a jewel in the crown for any rich cunt.
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:But Alf, what makes you think we'll get the world's greatest players when we literally never have (the ones we didn't produce like)?

Like you say money isn't enough - other teams can compete with us

And yeah the likes of Tottenham and West Ham attract decent players but only because we can't produce em. If these clubs were any good they'd beat their counterparts in Europe regularly. But they don't. Everton were the only team to get past the first knock out stage last season.

Like oir Spanish and Italian counterparts have quality right throughout their squads but a lot of it is homegrown and doesn't come eith a big transfer fee and a ton of hype. We don't rate em, basically because we're money driven now and only have eyes for the Prem. But they are quality, that's why they beat our teams
That's 2 different arguments though Sid... I've got my own theories on why we don't produce more English talent, but that's got nowt to do with the simple fact... the Premier league is minting it... right or wrong, it is... and Bayern is just as wealthy and self sustaining because their fan supported model is awesome... but it's a fact, that the German league is totally skewed, even worse now that Dortmund have been gutted... they'll be back, for sure... too powerful a club but, new manager, lost most of their top players... could be a few years...

And Real and Barca are literally just running away from every other team in Spain... the financial disparity is ridiculous... "a couple "El Crapicos" alone are not going to win over the global markets... the Premier league is whoring itself all over, and doing a fine fuckin job of it...

The league is wealthy... and starting to think like the richest league in the world... Mourinho's back, and givin it large... Guardiola says he wants to come here... Klopp wants to come here... the best Real could get was fat waiter Benitez, after sacking one of the all time greats...

It might not be pretty, but the PL is a monster, and it's only a matter of time before the global sponsorships and world wide coverage start to attract more Hazards, Agueros, Depays... they may not be Ronaldo and Messi, but enough of them in one team is enough to win the Champs league again...
Yeah but the argument is that the world's greatest most special players won't come here - not the likes of Depay and Aguero

They didn't come here when we had the most dominant teams in Europe in the 70s and 80s, and they won't come here now that we have the richest league

We're getting into the league argument again... You don't rate em because you buy into the Prem hype. But for many La Liga is the league to watch if you want football, technique, speed, ideas. They're full of it. A lot of people prefer that to the "drama" of the Prem, which is apparently its main selling point. Also they always get the special players like Messi, Zidane and Cruyff which is another reason people watch it.

And Serie A only went to shit because of corruption, fines, points docked etc. Not because they became shit at football. It will come back. It already is with 3 Italians clubs in the semis of both European competitions. They're on course to take England's fourth spot unless we suddenly get good at football again, which will be a massive blow for the Prem and its value

Also a big reason these rich cunts bought our clubs not others in Europe is because other countries protect theirs, like in Spain and Germany. If it were possible Bayern, Barca and Real would have been snapped up before the likes of City and PSG. They're prestigious, historic and a jewel in the crown for any rich cunt.

So watching Barca and Real beat every team bar Atletico about 4-0 most weeks and having 6 el classicos is better (bar the odd anomalies) than the unpredictability of the Prem?

Nah, fuck that, Bundesliga will be good if you enjoy watching the race for second place for the next few years.

Prem is the most exciting, Id rather watch a league were most of the smaller teams raise their game against the big boys and nothing is a banker these days, than watch Messi score a hatrick and the other team just turns up.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 7 years ago

6 years ago

Sid... you keep twisting my argument to make it sound like I'm dissing the Spanish game... I'm not... it's obviously a better league as far as the quality of football... they kick our arses in Europe at all levels... that's not my point! It's their league I'm having a go at...

The point is MONEY... I know you don't like it, but it is what it is... the Premier league is richer by far than any other league, and they share that money around... maybe not as fair as you'd like... but it's a damned sight more balanced than the runaway financial advantage that Real and Barca have... which is why the Spanish league is so unfair... you will occasionally get against the run results, like Atletico 2 years back, but in the main, it's a fixed league... Real or Barca???

People want to see the best football, you're not wrong about that, but you are wrong if you underestimate the drama... and the Premier League is 10 times more unpredictable, because the playing field is much more balanced... there are no easy games in England, and there's always the chance for an upset... people like that... it's not just hype that sells the PL, it's the unscripted excitement...

Money will always win in this world... and if Germany and Spain and Italy don't sort themselves out, they will get left behind by the English league... financially speaking... and then it's only a matter of time before they CAN'T match the wages on offer in England...

Where do you think your Messis, and Ronaldos will play then?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Post Reply