Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Mbappe signs new PSG deal. The qatari state has given him a 100m signing on fee. That's a whole new level of bullshit.

So to sign him you're probably looking at a transfer fee of 150/200m , plus a 100m signing on fee.

Not to mention the deal breaks FFP. PSG made a 220m loss last year. They can't afford their wage bill, let alone the new Mbappe deal. It's just blatant cheating.

It's a cliche but the game's gone, lads
Wow that’s insane even by football’s recent standards.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Anyone surprised?
dozer
Legend

Fair play to Mbappe. I don't like transfer fees. Why should clubs get the money?

Mbappe played it smart and essentially got a transfer fee plus wages. He's worth more than 100m obviously so we can consider a part of his wages as a transfer fee. The overall price for PSG would have been similar if they had to buy him from an other club.
sheesh
Legend

bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Fair play to Mbappe. I don't like transfer fees. Why should clubs get the money?

Mbappe played it smart and essentially got a transfer fee plus wages. He's worth more than 100m obviously so we can consider a part of his wages as a transfer fee. The overall price for PSG would have been similar if they had to buy him from an other club.
Things seem to be moving more in that direction. Free agents aren’t bargains any more. They and their entourage just ask for the equivalent of a transfer fee right into their own pockets. It’s probably terrible for squad morale, because you’ll get more players on ridiculous fuck off money, like we saw with Sanchez when we bought him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago
Not sure how I feel about this. All the noise is that the cunt doesn't want to come. We've been there before with Di Maria; class player but couldn't hack it.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
Not sure how I feel about this. All the noise is that the cunt doesn't want to come. We've been there before with Di Maria; class player but couldn't hack it.
I’m sure part of the problem with Di Maria is that, among the countless ways United fell behind our competition, we are supposed to have been totally negligent in terms of taking care of players and their families. I read recently that we were stepping that up. It’s annoying that many players need to have their entire lives handled for them, but that’s the reality. It’s also stupid to spend a fortune on a player but then not spend a few hundred grand a year on people to babysit them and make sure there’s nothing to need to pay attention to besides football.
sheesh
Legend

Di Maria was a whiny little baby tbf. A total prima donna.

I can understand de Jong's reluctance to come to United but ten Hag must be thinking that, if we do sign the player, he'll be a professional when he wears the shirt.
FuB
Site Admin

I can understand de Jong's reluctance to come to United but ten Hag must be thinking that, if we do sign the player, he'll be a professional when he wears the shirt.
has he actually stated he doesn't want to come or just been a professional in not saying he wants to leave? what do we want? a wantaway who wants the united cash or someone with some principles?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
sheesh
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago

has he actually stated he doesn't want to come or just been a professional in not saying he wants to leave? what do we want? a wantaway who wants the united cash or someone with some principles?
He apparently initially said he didn't want to come because he wanted CL football, but ten Hag has continued talking to him. Or at least that's what I gleaned from watching the United Stand this morning. Goldbridge was citing some Spanish journalist.