Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago We don't have an attacking threat on the right, so we do need a right winger, and Sancho would be great. We'd be more balanced and able to stretch teams, which would be useful against cunts that sit in. It'd be closer to what City have, were the opposition don't have enough players to pick everyone up. Whereas right now they double up on Rashford, Fernandes, and shut us down.

But our attack is doing well without a threat on the right so it's not urgent. Meanwhile the defence is catastrophic. I just hope the club are looking at CBs unbeknownst to the media. If we start another season with a Jose CB in the 11 I don't think I can cope. The manager of the 7th placed team in a poor league is not someone that can identiify a CB that's United level. It's as neglectful as the rusting steel that's holding up the roof on the north stand.
Greenwood is excellent on the right. We don't have one on the left. Rashford can't pass and has the Nani syndrome.
I'm not worried about the left. Rashford's stats are great even when he's had a shit season. He scored more than Cavani this season.

We're bodging on the right. Greenwood's not a wide player, he cuts inside too often cos he's a natural goalscorer that wants to be in front of goal. And he'll play there more next season because Cavani only has 25/30 games in him. So we need a new player on the right.

But it's got to be someone that will get chalk on their boots to stretch the play. Also a player that's dedicated to beating the FB and putting in balls. It would give us great balance (cos Greenwood keeps getting sucked in to the box) and would complete our attack.
Sid you’re thinking is sometimes soooo last millennium...
Lol how so?
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Apparently we are back in for Tielmans, happy to pay £65m, a couple of years after he was offered to us for £15m. The decision making at the club is fucking ridiculous.
Yeah it was obvious at the time that he was a good player. He’d be an excellent 8 for us. Good replacement for Pogba too. I’d still like us to have someone like Rice to patrol midfield though and give us some authority.
bman2
Legend

I think we need another attacker and creator on the right (or primarily for the right anyway). It doesn’t have to be Sancho, but he does look a good option. Im definitely wary of the shit-outside-Dortmund phenomenon, but he’s also still so young, still should get better. I’m sure his being English and being good from a commercial point of view is a big factor for the club.
Jason
Star Man

Just listened to the transfer window podcast with Duncan Castles, some interesting points raised about Utd.

He's saying that the new transfer committee dont know what budget they have for the summer, as the glazers are operating on the lines of lets see what appeases the fans as deals are done, and will play it by ear.

I'd believe thats the case based on the Glazers previous experience, and again demonstrates how badly run we are, how the fuck can you go into a window, not knowing what budget you are operating to?!

He also mentioned that we will sign either a big deal forward or a RW, but not both, as whichever comes in, Greenwood will provide competition for the other.

And the possibility of a Pogba/Ronaldo swap which would mean he signs as the FW, and no RW in that case, which doesn't seem like a great deal on paper signing a 36 player ( even if it is Ronaldo), and we lose one of technically best midfielders as part of the deal.
sheesh
Legend

You can only laugh at the idiots running our club. It wouldn't surprise anyone if what Castles is saying is true.
swampash
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago We don't have an attacking threat on the right, so we do need a right winger, and Sancho would be great. We'd be more balanced and able to stretch teams, which would be useful against cunts that sit in. It'd be closer to what City have, were the opposition don't have enough players to pick everyone up. Whereas right now they double up on Rashford, Fernandes, and shut us down.

But our attack is doing well without a threat on the right so it's not urgent. Meanwhile the defence is catastrophic. I just hope the club are looking at CBs unbeknownst to the media. If we start another season with a Jose CB in the 11 I don't think I can cope. The manager of the 7th placed team in a poor league is not someone that can identiify a CB that's United level. It's as neglectful as the rusting steel that's holding up the roof on the north stand.
Greenwood is excellent on the right. We don't have one on the left. Rashford can't pass and has the Nani syndrome.
I'm not worried about the left. Rashford's stats are great even when he's had a shit season. He scored more than Cavani this season.

We're bodging on the right. Greenwood's not a wide player, he cuts inside too often cos he's a natural goalscorer that wants to be in front of goal. And he'll play there more next season because Cavani only has 25/30 games in him. So we need a new player on the right.

But it's got to be someone that will get chalk on their boots to stretch the play. Also a player that's dedicated to beating the FB and putting in balls. It would give us great balance (cos Greenwood keeps getting sucked in to the box) and would complete our attack.
Sid you’re thinking is sometimes soooo last millennium...
Lol how so?
...wingers, Sid....crossing to centre forwards...things of the past.
dozer
Legend

Rumours that United have bid 70m € for Sancho. That's 60m £. That's about the maximum we should be bidding for any player but too much in this pandemic season.
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago Just listened to the transfer window podcast with Duncan Castles, some interesting points raised about Utd.

He's saying that the new transfer committee dont know what budget they have for the summer, as the glazers are operating on the lines of lets see what appeases the fans as deals are done, and will play it by ear.

I'd believe thats the case based on the Glazers previous experience, and again demonstrates how badly run we are, how the fuck can you go into a window, not knowing what budget you are operating to?!

He also mentioned that we will sign either a big deal forward or a RW, but not both, as whichever comes in, Greenwood will provide competition for the other.

And the possibility of a Pogba/Ronaldo swap which would mean he signs as the FW, and no RW in that case, which doesn't seem like a great deal on paper signing a 36 player ( even if it is Ronaldo), and we lose one of technically best midfielders as part of the deal.
I listen to that podcast pretty often. Castles is a twat, and the other guy is cringeworthy the way he kisses his ass, while Castles constantly goes out of his way to parrot the Mourinho and Mendes line on everything. But despite that, he does have real sources and information. You basically get what Mourinho and Mendes want you to get out of it, but that’s not nothing, because they know a lot of what is really going on in a lot of clubs. There are obviously other sides to all of the stories, but it’s not just transfer bollocks and made up shit, like most people talking about transfers.
bman2
Legend

I actually think swapping Pogba for Ronaldo is not a terrible idea. I’d be against just buying Ronaldo. But we should get something for Pogba instead of letting him walk away on a free next summer. So swapping Pogba for Ronaldo might be the best of a bunch of not great options.
fat maradona
Legend

Am I the only one not that excited about us signing Sancho? Seems like our priorities are all wrong. And does Ole even want him? Will he do a VdB and sit him on the bench?

I'm with Dozer on this, Bundesliga players tend to struggle in the Prem and Sancho has never (for me anyway) shown his club form for England, which should be an indicator tbh