Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Inter will be losing their players. Anyone we can buy?
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago There are rumours of us swapping Pogba with CRon.
That's a steal. For us.
I think it's a false rumour because swaps are so rare, but I suspect that we may see more swap deals this window because of Covid affecting club's finances.

I wouldn't pay money for Ronaldo though. If we buy, buy someone in their early to mid 20s.
This kind of story is usually BS. But there might be something in it this time, because we need to get something for Pogba this summer or see him leave for free next summer. Real is probably not interested now with the departure of Zidane.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The Ronaldo links are click bait, nothing more.

We'll have a typically underwhelming window.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago I think the owners priority will be to offload players to reduce outgoings and then sweat the assets.
Same. Massive covid losses plus reduced income (no/reduced gate, smaller sponsorships) means we almost certainly won't be splashing the cash. I also think we might be punished for killing the ESL, losing that 200m sponsor and "reclaiming" Old Trafford. Those in power can be vindictive. Look at the Allam's at Hull. The Glazers will think fans stopped them accessing the ESL pot of gold.
swampash
Legend

I agree Sid. I could be wrong, but I reckon their interest in the club will be restricted now to how to extract maximum returns for minimal investment. They will see the fans now as 'the enemy'.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Looks like there's something in the Trippier rumours
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Looks like there's something in the Trippier rumours
Really?
What’s the source Sid?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Really?
What’s the source Sid?
All of the football media are reporting on our interest, which is usually just churnalism, but this deal makes sense he's got 1 year left on his contract and Atletico are umming and arring about giving him another one. He also just won la liga so he might want a new challenge. So no single credible source (there aren't any when it comes to transfers IMO) but it feels legit. Also it's classic Glazer era United to strengthen a position we don't need to.
swampash
Legend

I’d welcome it if true. Would be an improvement at RB.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Really?
What’s the source Sid?
All of the football media are reporting on our interest, which is usually just churnalism, but this deal makes sense he's got 1 year left on his contract and Atletico are umming and arring about giving him another one. He also just won la liga so he might want a new challenge. So no single credible source (there aren't any when it comes to transfers IMO) but it feels legit. Also it's classic Glazer era United to strengthen a position we don't need to.
Why wouldn't Atletico give him a new contract?