Squad

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

I actually would love to do that tomato run though tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

redzebs wrote:
Sid wrote:This is why De Gea looks like he's staying put then

Does this make us the first big club to tell Real to fuck off then?
Window's not shut yet...

I still don't see the sense in keeping him...

I don't have much faith in modern footballers... and I wouldn't feel too confident about my keeper being outstanding, if we were keeping him against his will...

The story in the papers is that Real are willing to offer him £3mill to wait and join them next year... now that just leaves me speechless... how is it right that a club can openly offer you money, while you're contracted to another... what next, we'll pay you £5mill, if you throw a great big strop and demand to be sold, or you'll refuse to play???

Clubs have long ago stopped paying any attention to the rules on transfers and tapping up... and no one seems to be doing anything about it...

As far as I'm concerned, De Gea has let us down worse than Sterling did Liverpool... Sterling may have acted the brat to get his way, but he at least gave Liverpool the opportunity to benefit from his sale... De Gea has fucked United right over... pissy, little, Dr. Seuss looking cunt...

Fuck him... Real know we're in no position to ask for more, so they've got us by the nuts... but I'd still rather we got £20/25 mill for him now than nowt for him next year... we do have one bit of leverage, and I'd play it if they forced me... pay us a reasonable fee or we'll stick him in the stands... see what that does for his value... he wouldn't make the Spain squad for a start...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

Maybe he's not actually as desperate to leave as the media make out, Alf? I don't believe for a second that he'd have kept quiet for as long as he has if he was really that anxious to get out of Manchester.

As far as this "keeping him against his will" stuff goes, based on what? Last I heard, Real Madrid, for all their posturing, hadn't even made a formal bid yet, if there's no bid in the first place, then there's no bid to turn down!
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Maybe... but the press has been rampant that he was off... done deal... not "if", but "when", etc... and not once has he come out and denied anything...

I think he's just been very diplomatic, and made sure he didn't piss anyone off... just in case, the deal didn't happen... and I reckon, behind closed doors, this has gotten a bit gnarly...

We've been after him to extend his contract for months, probably a bit desperate an'all... knowing we didn't have a decent buyout clause... that's our fault... but any loyalty from De Gea could have fixed that... doesn't make him unsellable... he's every right to put his views across and not accept anything outrageous... but if we'd had even a £30mill clause right now, there wouldn't be a problem... and I bet Real would have paid that, and no one would be sore...

But he didn't... and I believe Real have been working on this, and him for over a year... "don't sign any contracts, don't give them a new buyout clause, we'll be in for you next year when Casillas leaves"... and here we are, with Real offering pocket change, and United powerless to demand more...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:

Does this make us the first big club to tell Real to fuck off then?
Window's not shut yet...

I still don't see the sense in keeping him...

I don't have much faith in modern footballers... and I wouldn't feel too confident about my keeper being outstanding, if we were keeping him against his will...

The story in the papers is that Real are willing to offer him £3mill to wait and join them next year... now that just leaves me speechless... how is it right that a club can openly offer you money, while you're contracted to another... what next, we'll pay you £5mill, if you throw a great big strop and demand to be sold, or you'll refuse to play???

Clubs have long ago stopped paying any attention to the rules on transfers and tapping up... and no one seems to be doing anything about it...

As far as I'm concerned, De Gea has let us down worse than Sterling did Liverpool... Sterling may have acted the brat to get his way, but he at least gave Liverpool the opportunity to benefit from his sale... De Gea has fucked United right over... pissy, little, Dr. Seuss looking cunt...

Fuck him... Real know we're in no position to ask for more, so they've got us by the nuts... but I'd still rather we got £20/25 mill for him now than nowt for him next year... we do have one bit of leverage, and I'd play it if they forced me... pay us a reasonable fee or we'll stick him in the stands... see what that does for his value... he wouldn't make the Spain squad for a start...
I agree with all of that and I was wondering the same thing about Real's supposed inducement to De Gea to leave for free next summer. Seems like it should violate some kind of football regulation or even European employment/contract law.
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

redzebs wrote:

Does this make us the first big club to tell Real to fuck off then? Would be amazing to do that and say keepers? Remember the keeper who played for your main rivals and usually won your league? Aye, we've binned him to because he got to big for his boots, so you can stick your 8 el classicos a year as the pinnacle of modern football up your hole.

Good luck now you've let Cassillas go and you didn't get De Gea,

Fuck you with your running about throwing rotten tomatoes at each other and your bull fighting, and good luck signing any decent keeper who knows he's only there for a year if DDG is gonna sign next year.

Ole!
It's great to see us standing up to that lot. Their fans are pissed about how they handled the Casillas departure too. Makes you smile!
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

sounds great keeping him tbf, til he signs the deal with them on 1st of jan and stops giving a shite
lkhm

hoofing
Dosdamt
Star Man

6 years ago

Firstly, we should offer De Gea a one time contract offer, with signing bonus, to stay one year then guaranteed transfer to Real Madrid end of season, no questions asked. No acceptance? We should then go out and billy big bollocks sign the best keeper we can afford, then stick De Gea in the stands for a year, train him with the U13s, and tell him his job is now eating tacos.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

no we will replace him with a dutchie no mark or someone whos good at passing but shite at being a goalkeeper

or both tbf

is tim crul good at passing
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:sounds great keeping him tbf, til he signs the deal with them on 1st of jan and stops giving a shite
Or until we meet Real in the Champs league... then the pressure/conspiracy, real or made up by the press will mean we won't be able to use him...

This is a fuckin shit situation, and the rules need to be enforced or changed...