Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Yeah - so he's entirely focussed on training, not transfers etc. Thing is he won't get 8/9 players in one window that are used to modern football and mouldable, he'll get 2/3 tops. So he's going to have to work with established pros with big egos like Shaw, Rashford, Maguire etc and try and get them on board - for a season at least. I can see lots of drama.

The big test for the club is to not wilt if/when the players start briefing against Hag and we start seeing stories like the players don't respect McClaren, Hag can't hack it at a big club etc.
This is also a test for Ten Hag.
Will he stick to the proven useless crap i.e. Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly, Martial, Rashford... fuck me, there a lot of players, can't type them all.
If he does, the signs are he's no better than the previous managers who've repeated this same insanity.
Either way, we can only really critique him after the results. I'll take a regression if there are CLEAR signs that there is a major change.
I didn't see anything under Rangnick's tenure although there wasn't much he could do.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago Yeah - so he's entirely focussed on training, not transfers etc. Thing is he won't get 8/9 players in one window that are used to modern football and mouldable, he'll get 2/3 tops. So he's going to have to work with established pros with big egos like Shaw, Rashford, Maguire etc and try and get them on board - for a season at least. I can see lots of drama.

The big test for the club is to not wilt if/when the players start briefing against Hag and we start seeing stories like the players don't respect McClaren, Hag can't hack it at a big club etc.
Will he stick to the proven useless crap i.e. Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly, Martial, Rashford... fuck me, there a lot of players, can't type them all.
If he does, the signs are he's no better than the previous managers who've repeated this same insanity.
Either way, we can only really critique him after the results. I'll take a regression if there are CLEAR signs that there is a major change.
I didn't see anything under Rangnick's tenure although there wasn't much he could do.
Your expectations are too high if you don't think we will see alot of the same players next season.
I can really only see us getting in 3 or 4 players, its just about if those 3 or 4 are able to really elevate the rest of the 11.

The squad are a bunch of cunts, rangnick never had a chance in hell, they knew he wasnt going to be around long term, and couldn't be arsed running for him. Will the prima Donna's be any better under eth just cause he's the permanent manager, I won't hold my breath, but if they have the same attitude, back the manager and get the players out of the club.
swampash
Legend

Under employment law, can’t he just sack any that refuse to perform to his requirements? Better to get rid of them, cut the corresponding wage bill and use the money to reward young players who are hungry for success and want to be part of the refit?
fat maradona
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Under employment law, can’t he just sack any that refuse to perform to his requirements? Better to get rid of them, cut the corresponding wage bill and use the money to reward young players who are hungry for success and want to be part of the refit?
Employment law is heavily biased towards the employee. Underperformance isn't dealt with by cancelling contracts, you have to go through the whole 'how can we help you to perform your role' procedure, evaluate whether they are underperforming because the employer hasn't provided them with the right level of support etc. It's a farce and essentially allows dossers to carry on taking a wage safe in the knowledge that they can't just be sacked. And if you do decide to let them go because they failed the evaluation, then you have to offer them a decent compo deal. The culture at United seems to be that of rewarding underperformance, from the very top downwards. Just look at Phil 'He'll be better than Duncan Edwards' Jones.....
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago

Your expectations are too high if you don't think we will see alot of the same players next season.
I can really only see us getting in 3 or 4 players, its just about if those 3 or 4 are able to really elevate the rest of the 11.

The squad are a bunch of cunts, rangnick never had a chance in hell, they knew he wasnt going to be around long term, and couldn't be arsed running for him. Will the prima Donna's be any better under eth just cause he's the permanent manager, I won't hold my breath, but if they have the same attitude, back the manager and get the players out of the club.
We've gotten 3-4 players but this included overpriced galacticos.
If we go cheaper we should be able to get a lot more in the 20-40m range.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

https://twitter.com/theutdjournal?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor

Fuck me, have a read of that. It sounds like the dressing room turned into a fucking primary school playground.

De Gea:

"The best thing that happened today is the season has finished..
"I cannot wait to play for Ten Hag. I am excited for the next season, new manager, new players. Hopefully we will improve, put #mufc in a better position. The new manager and staff are already looking for new players. Hopefully they bring good ones with good character. Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

Before signings, and tactics, and philosophy, the most important thing for Ten Hag to nail straight away, is to assert his authority on the dressing room and establish a bit of professional fucking discipline. I've never despised a group of players like this.
FuB
Site Admin

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago https://twitter.com/theutdjournal?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor

Fuck me, have a read of that. It sounds like the dressing room turned into a fucking primary school playground.

De Gea:

"The best thing that happened today is the season has finished..
"I cannot wait to play for Ten Hag. I am excited for the next season, new manager, new players. Hopefully we will improve, put #mufc in a better position. The new manager and staff are already looking for new players. Hopefully they bring good ones with good character. Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

Before signings, and tactics, and philosophy, the most important thing for Ten Hag to nail straight away, is to assert his authority on the dressing room and establish a bit of professional fucking discipline. I've never despised a group of players like this.
The continuation from that tweet is just a horror story. A lot of it seems to mirror stuff that was leaked during the season but the fact it's all been leaked out like a book to Luckhurst is a fucking travesty. I am not hopeful that Ten Hag can fix that without a firesale.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Ten Hag did his first press conference

He was asked about Maguire and he praised him, said he's a fantastic player. People need to remain calm cos he's going to have to say positive things about shite players even if he wants rid - cos if he has to stick with em for a year or two, he needs them in the right frame of mind. Calling them shite every week like Mourinho and Rangnick isn't going to get performances out of em.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Full thing here.

He comes across really well. Straight talking, not trying to be mates with the media like Mourinho and Moyes. Eminates self belief and the authority that comes from that. The players are in for a culture shift.

fat maradona
Legend

He fills me with confidence. First United manager in a long time who comes across like he actually has a plan and knows how to implement it.