Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago There are reports that we've contacted Simeone. I can just see that - we go down the modern German technical route, only to change course again and sign a 442 defensive Jose type.
I can see it too. A brief taste at trying to play a progressive style and you know, run a bit, and the players have spat their dummy out.

Bloody hell, Simeone would have half this lot up against a wall. Which is probably what they need.

Another name mentioned recently is Potter at Brighton. They play some great stuff - but he's probably not a big enough 'name' for the club to be interested. Which is a shame, because I think he's very good.

Bottom line, this squad is the problem. Far too many cunts, and it needs ripping up.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Juric’s death metal approach has made Torino a devilish team to face

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

Sounds like Klopps heavy metal football has advanced to death metal football. Torino sound like a fucking nightmare to play against.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago There are reports that we've contacted Simeone. I can just see that - we go down the modern German technical route, only to change course again and sign a 442 defensive Jose type.
I can see it too. A brief taste at trying to play a progressive style and you know, run a bit, and the players have spat their dummy out.

Bloody hell, Simeone would have half this lot up against a wall. Which is probably what they need.

Another name mentioned recently is Potter at Brighton. They play some great stuff - but he's probably not a big enough 'name' for the club to be interested. Which is a shame, because I think he's very good.

Bottom line, this squad is the problem. Far too many cunts, and it needs ripping up.
Potter has done a super good job at brighton, and they play nice brand of football.

Is it enough to suggest he's ready for the United job, I'm not sure, but I watched them last night vs Chelsea, and they played really really good football. Much better to watch than almost any performance we have put in this year, aside from opening day vs Leeds.
sheesh
Legend

Not sure how reliable Bild are, but this seems plausible:

bman2
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Not sure how reliable Bild are, but this seems plausible:

Sounds exactly like our club these days.
swampash
Legend

Bild is as far removed as you can get from proper journalism. More comic than newspaper.
Take anything they say with an enormous pinch of salt...
sheesh
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Bild is as far removed as you can get from proper journalism. More comic than newspaper.
Take anything they say with an enormous pinch of salt...
Fair enough!
fat maradona
Legend

https://www.football365.com/news/man-ut ... ch-on-hold

Wouldn't surprise me with the idiots who run our club.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago https://www.football365.com/news/man-ut ... ch-on-hold

Wouldn't surprise me with the idiots who run our club.
If he's back properly, I'm ok with it. There aren't really many options out there that scream out. Every one has a sizeable ? against it. No halfway houses though. Whoever it is, needs to be backed. If we get our shit together, we can revamp this squad in one summer at reasonable cost.

Kessie and Kamara are on frees. Get that done. Rudiger is on a free, though that might be trickier. A proper right back like Lamptey for ~40m, or maybe give Laird a go. Get Hannibal and Garner involved, clear out some dross out and we'd be in a much better place. We'd still need a striker, but I think we could manage another year.
bman2
Legend

It seems premature to make any conclusions. I like Rangnick so far, but let’s see how it goes. But I agree with JoelfuckingGlazer: if he’s the guy, fucking back him properly.