Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

My hope is, that Ralf will assess which of our current coaches can be developed into resources he can use before making some tough decisions. For example, Eric Ramsey (the coach we brought in during the summer) is a young guy who probably has lots of potential and certainly seemed highly rated. Maybe he's been lacking in someone to guide and mentor him. The same with Carrick and McKenna - maybe they have potential to embrace new ideas and learn quickly. Phelan's probably fucked mind.

In any event - no more of this boys club and boot room mentality. Best people for the job in every key role - DOF, Manager, Coaches, Scouts, Medical Dept, Recruitment.
dozer
Legend

Considering we've not been close to winning the league in almost a decade, shouldn't we be sacking a lot of the staff anyway?
Why should we even ask Rangnick? He won't know anything about our staff.
Get rid (one by one) and ask Rangnick to get replacements.
sheesh
Legend

The club has just announced that Michael Carrick has left the club immediately.

fat maradona
Legend

Good decision by Carrick, he's been as culpable for the way the team play as Ole/Phelan/McKenna and he probably knows it. He knows that his style of coaching/vision of our play is not going to be aligned to Rangnick's and so better to walk on a high than be sacked come the summer. The new Manager in the summer will have their own entourage and I doubt there will be any room for the remainers.

A good clean fresh start, that's what this club needs. A proper reset. Hopefully Phelan will fuck off too. McKenna did a great job with the reserves and maybe he should step down to that level again.
Jason
Star Man

So he did have a chat with Carrick and the coaches, so either it was after Carrick presser, or Micheal was just being tight lipped to stop any awkward questions about his future role, which would make sense.

"Michael, I got to know this two days ago. I met with Michael and Kieran, I had a long private conversation for more than an hour. I tried to convince him to stay, in the end, I had to accept that."
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I thought his Presser was excellent. He’s very articulate, he has gravitas without being a dick, he has a clear vision for what he wants to achieve. I think he’ll have the ideal blend of being liked, respected and feared. And he obviously knows a fair bit about the club and our history, but not to the extent that he’ll be held back by it.

Bring it on Herr Ragnick!
bman2
Legend

It’s great listening to a manager who can talk about the football in a straightforward way. I really liked that he was emphasizing the need to take control on the pitch. That’s what we’ve been missing for a long time. Even if we’re playing well, winning a game, it’s a really long time since I felt like the team knew how to manage a game. I hope the players buy into it, I worry we’ve got a celebrity culture.
bman2
Legend

That’s a good read.

For a long time United has been ignoring the changes in the game. We’ve been left behind by the other big clubs, and we’re actually in the scrap with much smaller clubs, like Leicester and Spurs, that can compete with us on the cheap because we’ve been so incompetently backward.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago It’s great listening to a manager who can talk about the football in a straightforward way. I really liked that he was emphasizing the need to take control on the pitch. That’s what we’ve been missing for a long time. Even if we’re playing well, winning a game, it’s a really long time since I felt like the team knew how to manage a game. I hope the players buy into it, I worry we’ve got a celebrity culture.
We actively encourage that celebrity culture. Eric Pogba Pogba was introduced with some song and dance.