Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Hopefully this attachment thing works.

Look at the fucking state. I've seen pictures of POW chain changs show more enthusiasm.

Other than Jones. Who, for all the piss taking, wasn't lacking in effort or heart.
Attachments
IMG_1641495671293.jpg
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Hopefully this attachment thing works.

Look at the fucking state. I've seen pictures of POW chain changs show more enthusiasm.

Other than Jones. Who, for all the piss taking, wasn't lacking in effort or heart.
Christ, Greenwood, Wan-Bissaka and Shaw look utterly fed up
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Remember when supporting united was straight forward. You'd watch the game, enjoy it and probably win something at the end of the season. There was effort, quality and consistency every week.

Now it's a fucking pantomime. I can spend 2/3 hours after a game ranting about the state the club is in. And it's all pointless, it achieves nothing. So you start just becoming resigned and unarsed.
Jason
Star Man

I saw that pic the other day. I know a photo can be deceptive, but fuck me.

Shaw looks completely beaten before we've even kicked a ball.

Greenwood and awb not much better.

They just don't look arsed, or up for it at all. Looks like a bad mentality throughout the team
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Again, could be bollocks but based on what we've seen on the pitch, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I can imagine that the interim position is unsettling. Its difficult to put yourself into the position of working for long term results when its a half way house.

However, I'm sick of these players making excuses. Ragnicks methods have been implemented successfully at various clubs. I just think these players are over hyped, lacking in hunger and determination, and want the fame and money without working for success. They're a thoroughly dislikable bunch. Fuck the lot of em. I can already sense the depressing inevitability of that scouse cunt and his villa side turning us over easily on Monday. Just by working harder than us.
swampash
Legend

I'm just wondering how long it took Klopp to get gegenpressing established at Liverpool? If anyone can remember, it might be an indication of how long Ralph might need?
sheesh
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago I'm just wondering how long it took Klopp to get gegenpressing established at Liverpool? If anyone can remember, it might be an indication of how long Ralph might need?
I wasn't sure if my memory was playing tricks on me, but I seem to recall it taking effect in his first season.

He took over in October 2015. Here's a match report from a month later (with apologies for posting a link to the daily mail):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ccess.html

They finished eighth that season, but you could see what he was trying to achieve in terms of style of football.
swampash
Legend

Thanks sheesh - that would mean that the new tactics were evident pretty quickly then - within 5 weeks. Interesting.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I remember some Liverpool fans turned on Klopp, and there were jokes being made about "gegendepressing" like they are at United

It took at least a season for the players to get it. But there were signs.