Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

It's a funny one tbf. On paper, that squad is as good as any of the top sides. And when you have players that good, you'd expect them to be able to play different systems/styles with relative ease. But this bunch just seem lazy, it seems they think they have a divine right to win just because they think so much of themselves. We all knew that it would take time to implement the change from Ole-ball to whatever Ralf wants them to do but this bunch of dossers look like they are uncoachable.

I was saying to my lad last night, that it feels like these players don't really give a shit. They've got what they wanted, which is a huge contract and they're earning more money than they'll ever need. They've got nothing to play for really, apart from pride and the desire to win trophies. I'm not putting everyone into this category, Ronaldo is clearly motivated by success on the pitch, but knobbers like Rashford look like they couldn't give a shit because they're young and already obscenely wealthy.
bman2
Legend

There’s something seriously wrong with the club. Definitely some really bad dynamics among the players, but probably beyond them too. It was obvious that something was seriously wrong from the start of the season, performances got abysmal, eventually Ole got sacked. But whatever was going on is still going on. Shaw is maybe the most explicit yet, but how many players now have basically admitted on camera that the dynamics are poisonous?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Journos are writing a lot of shite at the min but I wouldn't be surprised if this was accurate

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

We're reaping the whirlwind of a culture that's deprioritised football in favour of celebrity and sponsorships.

No fucking about, this is a proper rebuild job, massive overhaul of the squad needed. A complete reset. Fuck names, fuck stellar signings. Fuck reputations.

You have to wonder whether Ronaldo joining that group has caused issues. The final act in a pantomime lasting years.
bman2
Legend

The club is a total shambles. Someone needs to start from scratch. But the problem is at the top, we all know that.
bman2
Legend

Lots of journalists now reporting that a lot of players aren't impressed with Rangnick. OK, but they stopped trying months ago, we all saw that. So what was the excuse then?

On the other hand, I can't blame players for deciding United is a shit club that's going nowhere. Because we all know it is, it's run by money-grubbing idiots. After the Glazer takeover, Ferguson and Gil kept things going ok. But once they quit, it's just been a downward spiral.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Lots of journalists now reporting that a lot of players aren't impressed with Rangnick. OK, but they stopped trying months ago, we all saw that. So what was the excuse then?

On the other hand, I can't blame players for deciding United is a shit club that's going nowhere. Because we all know it is, it's run by money-grubbing idiots. After the Glazer takeover, Ferguson and Gil kept things going ok. But once they quit, it's just been a downward spiral.
Aye, when Fergie and Gill left the Glazers took full control, and that's when you saw what Joelfuckingglazer described - "We're reaping the whirlwind of a culture that's deprioritised football in favour of celebrity and sponsorships."

I think that's spot on. Fergie and Gill carried on business as usual. But once Ed & co got into powerful positions, the emphasis of the club changed from football to commercial.

I honestly think we're fucked under the Glazers. We've tried everything, and now it looks like Ralf's project has already hit the rocks. The squad needs major changes but I doubt the Glazers will fund it given that he's only here for 6 months.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more direct action from the fans due to the absolute shambles of the club despite all the promises & changes (new manager, philosophy, DoF etc)

The Glazers are taking another 11m out of the club on Friday

I also saw some ridiculous pro european super league propaganda in the guardian yesterday, so they might be laying the foundations to try and get the ESL through again
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more direct action from the fans due to the absolute shambles of the club despite all the promises & changes (new manager, philosophy, DoF etc)

The Glazers are taking another 11m out of the club on Friday

I also saw some ridiculous pro european super league propaganda in the guardian yesterday, so they might be laying the foundations to try and get the ESL through again
Despite spending more than almost any other club on players and salaries, United can’t even regularly secure top 4. It’s ridiculous. No wonder they’re desperate for the ESL racket.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Lots of journalists now reporting that a lot of players aren't impressed with Rangnick.
Boo fucking hoo. I'm done with this lot of fraudsters. Lack of talent is forgivable - though needs to be addressed. A lack of heart and effort, is unforgivable.