Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

The midfield situation is a full on crisis now. Wolves’ new manager very obviously targeted it. They didn’t run down the flanks, they ran down Main Street. And it worked, again and again. If they’d had a finisher we would have been slaughtered. If they’d had a Vardi or Ings type, they’d have been a couple goals up after the first half.

And I’m not surprised. Our midfield isn’t ordinary, its much worse than that. it’s legitimately shit. Fred is a joke. Not even a midtable level player. Matic with one leg would still be better, at least he has a brain and some composure.

The midfield is so bad, with no potential even to be serviceable, that it’s hard to trust that our coaching staff have a clue.

We don’t even need an amazing midfield. Our attacking players are excellent, defense is looking good. We could be real contenders just with a decent but unspectacular midfield. But we’re far from “decent”.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago The midfield situation is a full on crisis now. Wolves’ new manager very obviously targeted it. They didn’t run down the flanks, they ran down Main Street. And it worked, again and again. If they’d had a finisher we would have been slaughtered. If they’d had a Vardi or Ings type, they’d have been a couple goals up after the first half.

And I’m not surprised. Our midfield isn’t ordinary, its much worse than that. it’s legitimately shit. Fred is a joke. Not even a midtable level player. Matic with one leg would still be better, at least he has a brain and some composure.

The midfield is so bad, with no potential even to be serviceable, that it’s hard to trust that our coaching staff have a clue.

We don’t even need an amazing midfield. Our attacking players are excellent, defense is looking good. We could be real contenders just with a decent but unspectacular midfield. But we’re far from “decent”.
Spot on. Beek must have really done something to piss Ole off. Even Garner, he should have been games over Fred. Fred is Championship standard he's a terrible player.

Not dealing with the midfield is negligent.
swampash
Legend

...you could be onto something there bman. Sméagol was originally a hobbit, I think, before morphing into Gollum?
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Quality rebuild so far…

How it started…
Attachments
09955531-EC06-4BF6-8319-4E000332154B.jpeg
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

How it’s going
Attachments
140C0A37-9112-42ED-B97D-7AB0AB096B80.jpeg

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Cleary unbalanced but no doubt about the world class talent added. Big pressure on Ole.

bman2
Legend

Beek’s agent has now said that he’d arranged a move to Everton but United wouldn’t allow it. I don’t get that at all. Ole is clearly never going to play him. Why not take the money? Why fill the squad with dissatisfied players? That can’t be good for group morale. And you’re just letting the player’s value dwindle down to nothing.
bman2
Legend

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 2 years ago Cleary unbalanced but no doubt about the world class talent added. Big pressure on Ole.
Yeah it’s mad. We’ve spent £500M under Ole, which I think might be more than any other club out there. But none of it has gone to midfield.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote: 2 years ago Cleary unbalanced but no doubt about the world class talent added. Big pressure on Ole.
Yeah it’s mad. We’ve spent £500M under Ole, which I think might be more than any other club out there. But none of it has gone to midfield.
What you talkin’ bout bman…..£40m was spent on VDB…..
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
What you talkin’ bout bman…..£40m was spent on VDB…..
Yeah but Ole seems to think he’s a pure 10.