Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

interview with Donny -

He's a young lad and it can't be good for your confidence when you've come from being one of the top dogs at Ajax to warming the bench at United. He seems to have done the right things i.e. stay fit, get stronger etc and says in the interview that he is equally as happy to play at 6 or 8 as he is at 10. Ole needs to drop Fred and start Donny at 6 and see how he plays.
bman2
Legend

It’s interesting that Beek has chosen such a direct public approach to making his case. Fair enough I think, he’s not criticizing the club or the manager, and it shows confidence in himself, which is encouraging. And everyone can see how bad our midfield has been the last couple of games, so that helps his case. I suspect we wanted to sign a midfielder this summer and either it didn’t work out or we decided to spend the money on Ronny instead. Donny says himself that Ole told him he wanted to use him with different midfield tactics this season. There was a lot of rumour about that over the summer, but there’s absolutely no sign of anything like that. So maybe the French kid Camavinga turned us down for Real, or maybe we hoped we could use Lingard to persuade West Ham to sell Rice.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago interview with Donny -

He's a young lad and it can't be good for your confidence when you've come from being one of the top dogs at Ajax to warming the bench at United. He seems to have done the right things i.e. stay fit, get stronger etc and says in the interview that he is equally as happy to play at 6 or 8 as he is at 10. Ole needs to drop Fred and start Donny at 6 and see how he plays.
I don’t think Donny is an ideal 6, but can he be worse than Fred? He’s awful. Jose got Herrera to do a decent job playing as a 6, and I rate Donny higher than Herrera based on what I saw from him with Ajax. So since we have to make do with what we’ve got, I think it’s worth a try.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago

I don’t think Donny is an ideal 6, but can he be worse than Fred? He’s awful. Jose got Herrera to do a decent job playing as a 6, and I rate Donny higher than Herrera based on what I saw from him with Ajax. So since we have to make do with what we’ve got, I think it’s worth a try.
If Ole wants to play 2 players who can tackle then VDB won't fit the role. Most clubs seem to be playing with 2 ball winning midfielders.
I don;t think Herrera was good enough as a 6 either. He wasn't good enough for the club, even when the club was doing much worse than what they're doing now.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago

Look at this part of the Video.
When asked about the no 6, Donny said he thinks he can play this role but he doesn't know what the manager thinks or what he expects from him.
Not good.
sheesh
Legend

Yeah, that's quite concerning.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago It’s interesting that Beek has chosen such a direct public approach to making his case. Fair enough I think, he’s not criticizing the club or the manager, and it shows confidence in himself, which is encouraging. And everyone can see how bad our midfield has been the last couple of games, so that helps his case. I suspect we wanted to sign a midfielder this summer and either it didn’t work out or we decided to spend the money on Ronny instead. Donny says himself that Ole told him he wanted to use him with different midfield tactics this season. There was a lot of rumour about that over the summer, but there’s absolutely no sign of anything like that. So maybe the French kid Camavinga turned us down for Real, or maybe we hoped we could use Lingard to persuade West Ham to sell Rice.
We're paying for Ronnie over 5 years, €3m per year, and then any of the add ons. They'll have to find a way of financing his salary but I'm sure there's some clever share of the merch sales etc as a part of it.
sheesh
Legend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58480332

What a fuck up. We offered Lingard a new deal?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58480332

I don't get this. He rejected a new deal cos he won't play now Ronnie's here. But then turned down offers to leave?
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58480332

I don't get this. He rejected a new deal cos he won't play now Ronnie's here. But then turned down offers to leave?
His contract runs out at the end of the season so he's doing the same as Pogba... let it run down for a free and big pay day.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence