Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Apparently the swimming pool at Carrington has been out of action for weeks and still not sorted.

But then again, its not like training and recovery tools were important at the arse end of this season, right?
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago One of the private coaches United players use appears on Stretford Paddock every now and then and talks about how the players are unhappy with having to organise and pay for extra training sessions themselves

Basically most clubs offer extra training. But United don't, they make the players sort it out for themselves, which many do in their back gardens via private coaches.

Obviously it's not the cost that's the issue, it's the fact the club don't care enough to offer it

When we talk about how United have no plan, no coaching, it's not just Ole's failings, it's systemic
Fucking hell. That’s depressing and pitiful.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin: “I spoke with Joel Glazer and he was honest when he said ‘look we made a mistake. We know we have to suffer sanctions and we will never do it again’. I believe him.” [telegraph]

Looks like UEFA are prepared to let the "liars and snakes" back in. Big blow for us if so.
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin: “I spoke with Joel Glazer and he was honest when he said ‘look we made a mistake. We know we have to suffer sanctions and we will never do it again’. I believe him.” [telegraph]

Looks like UEFA are prepared to let the "liars and snakes" back in. Big blow for us if so.

Echos of Chamberlin coming back from Berlin with his note from Hitler saying how he promised not to try to take over Europe and the world.

We all know how that turned out.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin: “I spoke with Joel Glazer and he was honest when he said ‘look we made a mistake. We know we have to suffer sanctions and we will never do it again’. I believe him.” [telegraph]

Echos of Chamberlin coming back from Berlin with his note from Hitler saying how he promised not to try to take over Europe and the world.

We all know how that turned out.
:)) spot on mate
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Just catching up with the fans forum Joel Glazer did earlier

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... er-meeting

This is the most significant bit:

To this extent, a Fan Advisory Board to consult with the club's senior leadership and owners would be created with this consisting of representatives from the Forum and key fan groups.

The club will also initiate a direct dialogue with MUST with the aim of identifying a mutually beneficial Fan Share Scheme involving a new class of shares which will each carry the same voting rights as the shares owned by the Glazer family.

This would establish a foundation for supporters to build a meaningful ownership stake and create a new spirit of partnership with the club.
swampash
Legend

If this is on the level it’s a huge development. If they are planning to give full voting rights to the fans shares they won’t be cheap. Be interesting to see how it pans out.
Guess I’ll have to sign up with MUST.
bman2
Legend

That does sound interesting. The money from the fans’ shares better go to the club though, not pocketing by the glazers! I’m not going to get carried away, but it sounds like maybe something more meaningful than the usual PR bollocks.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

You know this season could be a hugely significant. Ed is leaving, we have a DoF, the Glazers were forced to talk with fans, and now we might now be able to buy meaningful shares.

It could all be bullshit PR to suppress fan anger. But dare to dream for a minute. What if it's not. What if this stuff is legit. It would bring about significant changes to the club. We'd still be hampered by the Glazers, but the situation would look a lot better.

And it's directly down to the fans, to our anger and direct action. Without it we'd be playing in a franchise league run by Joel, with zero investment in the squad, with Ed as our supreme leader, and with no way of influencing the direction of the club.
sheesh
Legend

I think it's mainly PR bullshit. The fan share scheme seems to be the only tangible thing of note, but even there, detail is needed as to how it will work.

There was a lack of specifics elsewhere, as Neville pointed out. Just empty platitudes. Like where Joel Glazer talks about the investment in the stadium over the past few years. Yeah, that's why we've had mice running around the pitch and a hole in the roof of one of the stands.

I'd laugh if Old Trafford got shut down because of health and safety breaches.