Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago Any indication who bought the shares?
Probably some computer running by itself because it’s noticed that United shares tend to have sudden jumps up and down, so there’s money to be made. It doesn’t have to know or care about football. I envy it.
Well said :YMAPPLAUSE:
And how fucking sad is it, that this is the case

Ignoring the Saudi stuff, this latest move by the Glazers is enough to put you off investing your time & money in United. The fact that even to this day, United only make decisions if they also benefit the Glazers. It has to suit both parties.

It comes down to this: why care, when those at the top don't. And it's not just United, it goes right down the football pyramid

The owners of clubs that do invest and strive to be successful like City, Newcastle, PSG don't care about their clubs either. But it just so happens their interests (sportwashing) also match the fans interests (success), so they both come away happy

Under our set up, no one wins except the Glazers and banks who extract billions
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago Any indication who bought the shares?
Probably some computer running by itself because it’s noticed that United shares tend to have sudden jumps up and down, so there’s money to be made. It doesn’t have to know or care about football. I envy it.
Well said :YMAPPLAUSE:
And how fucking sad is it, that this is the case

Ignoring the Saudi stuff, this latest move by the Glazers is enough to put you off investing your time & money in United. The fact that even to this day, United only make decisions if they also benefit the Glazers. It has to suit both parties.

It comes down to this: why care, when those at the top don't. And it's not just United, it goes right down the football pyramid

The owners of clubs that do invest and strive to be successful like City, Newcastle, PSG don't care about their clubs either. But it just so happens their interests (sportwashing) also match the fans interests (success), so they both come away happy

Under our set up, no one wins except the Glazers and banks who extract billions
I don’t know if I could stomach supporting a sport washing club though. I mean that, it’s not just having a dig at the competition. City is worse than Chelsea, and Newcastle will be worse again. Morally I mean. No football supporter can pretend that they don’t know Saudi Arabia doesn’t give women any rights and that the guy in charge chopped up a journalist.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

"Where is the growth? United's commercials for the last 5 years are flatlining"

Also interesting to see the neglect of Old Trafford is such that we can't host CL finals anymore because the facilities are not up to scratch

United are finished as a force, they just are, it's happened
swampash
Legend

...don’t worry Sid, you just have to wait for a takeover bid from the Taliban and all will be fine.
bman2
Legend

It’s interesting that the PL clubs have voted to stop Newcastle taking Saudi money as “sponsorships”. All voted against it except City, for obvious reasons.

Between this and the EPL, it feels like change is afoot. I’m not sure what my position on all the various issues is. But I do think, from a practical perspective, the money that Qatar, the UAE, and now Saudi Arabia have pumped into their clubs is have a negative systemic effect. Inflating player prices massively. Yes there were already rich clubs, such as United, but so long as they were run as businesses, the whole system was a bit more logical and a bit more sustainable. Problematic, and in need of reform, but not as bad as they’ve gotten lately.
bman2
Legend

It just occurred to me that if Newcastle get really good under Saudi ownership, we can all just change our allegiance and we wouldn’t even have to change the name of this forum. So things are looking up people!
swampash
Legend

...nah, I’m not for sale bman.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago ...nah, I’m not for sale bman.
:)) I’ll just start laying down £100 notes one at a time. You tell me when you’re ready to join the Lawrence of Toonia rebellion!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Don't know about you but I've always enjoyed Newcastle brown ale... And human rights are overrated tbf
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Don't know about you but I've always enjoyed Newcastle brown ale... And human rights are overrated tbf
They probably do seem overrated when you’re getting you’re fingernails pulled off because you asked for them.