Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

I can't get my head around a supposed United fan like Jim wanting to buy Chelsea. I just can't.

Thanks for posting the links, though, guys.
bman2
Legend

Yeah the Glazers are a parasitic entity on United and that will always be true.

The question is whether senior people working for the club can somehow insulate the football from the parasitical element. Thats the best we can hope for. Its so depressing.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Yeah the Glazers are a parasitic entity on United and that will always be true.

The question is whether senior people working for the club can somehow insulate the football from the parasitical element. Thats the best we can hope for. Its so depressing.
That's what's happening at Liverpool. They're run in a similar way to us. It's the same US economic / business ideology which was evidenced in the ESL which both clubs created together. But they're better at appointing football minds to run the football side. They had a modern set up before us cos they listened to advice. They also had the sense to hire Klopp - a true Great who has the ability to transform a club ala Fergie. He also manages to keep back those parasitic elements the same way Fergie did between 2005/2013.

Our owners, like Jim O'Neill says, are particularly bad. The Scouse owners see the sense in success. But the Glazers just see United as a cash machine.

There are no illusions now, not when you see the FA, UEFA and even the free market-loving capitalist Tory gov putting in anti-Glazer clauses into new deals for clubs. No one wants this, it's bad for all businesses associated with United eg the Prem, broadcasters. The only people that benefit are the Glazers.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

This makes horrendous reading. It should simply be illegal to do what the Glazers are doing.

bman2
Legend

Yeah with interest rates going up, I’ve been wondering if that means United’s debt is going to become a bigger problem again, back to like it was under Ferguson when we were obviously shopping for bargains and missing out on all the rising stars.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

fat maradona
Legend

And the Glazers will still pay themselves a tidy $11m dividend on the 24th. On top of the $11m they had 6 months ago. $22m for mismanaging what should be the most valuable club in the world.
Jason
Star Man

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago And the Glazers will still pay themselves a tidy $11m dividend on the 24th. On top of the $11m they had 6 months ago. $22m for mismanaging what should be the most valuable club in the world.
Pretty sure they are the only owners of any top team that take dividents/actively take money out of the club.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago And the Glazers will still pay themselves a tidy $11m dividend on the 24th. On top of the $11m they had 6 months ago. $22m for mismanaging what should be the most valuable club in the world.
Pretty sure they are the only owners of any top team that take dividents/actively take money out of the club.
Yeah I heard that too by a financial expert on the NQAT podcast. It's clear dividends are their primary goal. Football is secondary.
swampash
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Share price at an all time low.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-24218736
Good time to buy them...?