Ed Woodward GONE!!!

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago Fucking hell... we're going to have to think of a new name for edfuckingwoodward again now.

Problem fucking sorted.

There is a bit of talk that the Glazers are going to put the club up for sale. Could be wishful thinking - probably is. But this feels like the moment we could do it. To force their hand. It has to be now. I don’t know how, but this feels like it could be it....
FuB
Site Admin

Posted this in the other thread too but ought to be here:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56824130

He's not gone till the end of the year. Could he just be staying on to broker the next sale of United?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
FuB wrote: 2 years ago Fucking hell... we're going to have to think of a new name for edfuckingwoodward again now.

Problem fucking sorted.

There is a bit of talk that the Glazers are going to put the club up for sale. Could be wishful thinking - probably is. But this feels like the moment we could do it. To force their hand. It has to be now. I don’t know how, but this feels like it could be it....

Yea, thats my hoping, one down, now its time to get the main men out, the glazer cartel.

My only concern is we'll end up getting sold to the saudis.

We can only hope we are given the option to have fan ownership over the 51% mark, maybe the govt force this going forward, so we aren't just kicking this down the road a few years.
Jason
Star Man

His position was untenable, assuming now that the whole esl collapses, surely the rest of them, mainly yanks cant push on without city and Chelsea.

He quit uefa, and at that point he was all in. Looks to have backfired.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I’m scared. What will become of United without Ed Woodward’s wisdom steering the ship?
We could see a very real change in day to day dealings now Ed isn't making the decisions. The next lot of transfers will be interesting. We might be able to see how much influence Ed had in signing players.

Btw any word on Matt Judge? He has to go too
dozer
Legend

This could still be a rumor.
anyway... What's the point in only losing Woodward if the Glazers hire "someone better".
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 2 years ago This could still be a rumor.
anyway... What's the point in only losing Woodward if the Glazers hire "someone better".
Its not a rumour, its been confirmed by the club, he leaves at the end of the season.

He is their biggest ally, so we can only hope this is one step closer to them selling up.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

A journo on Five Live just said the Glazers may be considering selling United. Not sure if he had any insider info. But I'm convinced now they can't put their US business model on european football, they'll want out at some point.
dozer
Legend

Matt judge could become ceo. I'm not confident Woodward going even helps a little.
still makes me happy though
bman2
Legend

A lot of what the ESL are supposed to be proposing is actually sensible, though they haven’t actually told us much at all. It’s tying it all to a shitty American-style league with no promotion or relegation that turns me off, and that seems to be what most people are against. But in terms of “killing football”. FFS, the FA, UEFA, and FIFA are doing a pretty good job of that already. Everyone says the CL reforms are shit. How many subscriptions do you need if you wanted to watch just United’s PL matches legally? Amazon? Sky? BT? Some other shit? Does anyone even know? And don’t forget it’s these same “authorities” that let the EPL people take over most PL clubs in the first place, who did nothing to check the power of agents, and who failed to check the power of oil clubs.

So I don’t think football has been saved. The ESL is probably a shit idea, but if it flops then the some wankers who’ve already fucked up football are going to be even more powerful, and nothing will change.

I actually quite like the idea of a European league, maybe with a first and a second division, to replace Europa and the CL. It would make more sense. There should be a normal system of promotion of course.