Ed Woodward GONE!!!

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Yeah well the Ole in lot would say that to protect Ole's name. Likewise the Ole out lot would lie to smear him.

What surprised me was how the police merely stood back and let both sides talk. I thought they'd nick the United lads for trespass, threatening behaviour etc.
A few of em might have been reds.....

I'm looking at going over for the weekend protest. Time to get involved.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

There are some serious club men who could immortalise themselves by speaking out. Now is the time!!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Yeah well the Ole in lot would say that to protect Ole's name. Likewise the Ole out lot would lie to smear him.

What surprised me was how the police merely stood back and let both sides talk. I thought they'd nick the United lads for trespass, threatening behaviour etc.
A few of em might have been reds.....

I'm looking at going over for the weekend protest. Time to get involved.
Go for it. I'd fucking love to be there but I can't get child care or 200 quid that quickly. I could maybe get to future demos, if there are any. It might become one of those were you just have to get there somehow and be a part of it, cos there won't be a better opportunity to get rid of the cunts

Street protests are crucial. I think Nev knows this. He said on Sky after the Chelsea fans blocked the team bus at the Bridge that "we're on the verge of anarchy". He also retweeted the lads at Carrington. He knows the importance of direct action as one of the many tools we can use to get these cunts out. He can go to the gov and say look at the drama it's causing, you need to act.
bman2
Legend

I had read in the past that Joel Glazer is the one who’s interested in the club but the other Glazers aren’t. Whatever you think about the ESL, it was an effort to improve United’s financial situation. With that failed, the other Glazers might be more open to selling up.

I’m not so optimistic that this will all turn out well for United. I honestly think the best outcome might be if the Glazers stay in charge but focus on replacing Woodward with more competent management, try to run the club like Bayern, Ajax etc., stop pissing money away. Because I don’t believe there are better owners out there: I worry that the likeliest buyers would be the Saudis or some other horrible government.

But now you’re likely looking at City becoming dominant the way Bayern or PSG are.

The best outcome would have been for the ESL clubs to come up with a better solution that the average supporter could accept. Now we’re stuck with the FA, PL, and UEFA, who are the people that got football to this crap situation in the first place.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

This fella had a lot of accurate insider info on the ESL and now he's also saying one club want to sell. I wonder who???

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago

I had read in the past that Joel Glazer is the one who’s interested in the club but the other Glazers aren’t. Whatever you think about the ESL, it was an effort to improve United’s financial situation. With that failed, the other Glazers might be more open to selling up.

I’m not so optimistic that this will all turn out well for United. I honestly think the best outcome might be if the Glazers stay in charge but focus on replacing Woodward with more competent management, try to run the club like Bayern, Ajax etc., stop pissing money away. Because I don’t believe there are better owners out there: I worry that the likeliest buyers would be the Saudis or some other horrible government.

But now you’re likely looking at City becoming dominant the way Bayern or PSG are.

The best outcome would have been for the ESL clubs to come up with a better solution that the average supporter could accept. Now we’re stuck with the FA, PL, and UEFA, who are the people that got football to this crap situation in the first place.
That's where we differ, Bman. Cos for me the ESL was trying to improve the Glazers financial situation, not Uniteds. The ESL gave no motivation for owners to invest in their teams cos there was no top 4 and no relegation. It offered Prem & CL money just for being in the league, meaning they didn't have to invest in the squad in order to finish in the top 4.

Less investment, more profit is the guiding economic principle of these american owners - and they would have pocketed the lot

But yeah without a change in the ownership model our next buyer could well be the saudis or another horrible regime. That's what we have to fight for now. But the 50.1% will face opposition from the likes of City because the UAE royals won't give up their controlling stake in the club, and it'd take a ballsy gov to forcibly take it from em. But if we did get it through... it would have a big democratising effect.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Perez is still beating the drum and he’s adamant that the English clubs still want it, despite what they’re now saying publicly. These owners cannot be trusted. They all need running out of town and the Govt does need to implement proper regulation to promote fairness and protect supporter interest
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Perez is still beating the drum and he’s adamant that the English clubs still want it, despite what they’re now saying publicly. These owners cannot be trusted. They all need running out of town and the Govt does need to implement proper regulation to promote fairness and protect supporter interest
It's literally a matter of time before they try again, isn't it. They have to be removed out, root and branch, or else we'll be in this situation in a couple more years with a new bunch of faces leading it. This could be the reason the gov is looking at changing the ownership model (IF they're serious about it like)
swampash
Legend

Difficult to see how the government can change the ownership without paying tons in compensation. And I can’t see that going down well with the non football supporting section of the public. Some sort of government oversight reflecting the interests of fans and able to veto anything that is counter to those interests seems more likely to me.
bman2
Legend

I’m just thankful that Sky Sports and Boris Johnson have driven greed and money out of football once and for all.

STATUS QUO! STATUS QUO! STATUS QUO! What do we want? The same! When do we want it? FOREVER!