Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It's true, modern football is shit, the Prem is monopolised by a minority... But there spirit of competition is still there, just about

Like if West Ham and Leicester stay in the top 4, they'll get CL football and a massive financial reward - and Chelsea and Liverpool despite being bigger and richer, won't. Tough shit. Spurs and Arsenal have massive financial advantages. But they're midtable long ball dossers so they don't get CL or the extra money either. Again, tough shit. Try harder.

There is still a flicker of competitiveness in the Prem. But a ESL erradicates that cos there's no incentive to progress into a top 1-4, and no incentive to invest to avoid relegation. Clubs will bring in twice as much money without any motivation to invest in the squad.
Jason
Star Man

The only people this will profit are the owners.

The fans won't get any benefit, there is no guarantee that any extra cash will be invested. The glazers have milked utd for 15 years now, so this is the ultimate end goal for them, a non competitive league, where they are guaranteed even more cash to line their pockets, for the rest of time.

Its just not on, fuck them, need them out of the club, buts it all too late now.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Just watched Klopp's pre match interview - FSG didn't even tell Klopp about joining the ESL last night! He and the players found out through the media.

So Liverpool are playing Leeds tonight and are trying to win to get a top 4 spot. But now what's the point, cos their owners have pulled them out of the CL without even warning em beforehand.

So not only do these rich cunts not give a fuck about fans, they don't give a fuck about their own players and manager. They're just money making assets. Sorry for posting loads but fucking hell
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Just watched Klopp's pre match interview - FSG didn't even tell Klopp about joining the ESL last night! He and the players found out through the media.

So Liverpool are playing Leeds tonight and are trying to win to get a top 4 spot. But now what's the point, cos their owners have pulled them out of the CL without even warning em beforehand.

So not only do these rich cunts not give a fuck about fans, they don't give a fuck about their own players and manager. They're just money making assets. Sorry for posting loads but fucking hell
Its shocking. And it doesn't half shine a light on the duplicitous nature of how Woodworm and co have strung supporters along over the last few years with talk of transfer targets, going for a world class DoF etc
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Basically the ESL has one fan, Bman. He'll pay the 130 quid monthly TV subscription, the 200 quid cheap tickets in the top of the north stand, the 150 quid replica shirt.

Cos make no mistake, it's gonna be fucking expensive. Every game is a glamour tie. It's designed for affluent fans, not the working class.
Jesus, you're a terrible man for over zealous groupthink, always trying to get the mob wound up against anyone who doesn't toe the party line.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago I don't mean this as a personal attack and I cba to start beef. But you're one of the more arrogant fans on here that has enjoyed the wealth disparity and ignored / played down many of my posts over the years about financial inequality, clubs laden with debt etc. Like search through your posts about Prem spending. You're very much of the arrogant opinion "fuck em we're rich".
Oh well I'm glad you didn't get into personal attacks. I have no idea what the fuck you're even talking about, but you have fun running with it. Off you go!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Basically the ESL has one fan, Bman. He'll pay the 130 quid monthly TV subscription, the 200 quid cheap tickets in the top of the north stand, the 150 quid replica shirt.

Cos make no mistake, it's gonna be fucking expensive. Every game is a glamour tie. It's designed for affluent fans, not the working class.
Jesus, you're a terrible man for over zealous groupthink, always trying to get the mob wound up against anyone who doesn't toe the party line.
No, I think I just have a tendency to highlight selfish opinions like yours which can have these consequences. But not on Rant. Come on, there's no mob piling on anyone. This is not twitter, and you're not a victim.

What you believe generally is the party line. I remember our conversations on liberalism. And you're a capitalist, or you enjoy the wealth the Prem brings. And that's fine. But I just don't agree cos I'm an anti capitalist. And unfortunately my beliefs don't have the support of the mob (not yet anyway)

Anyway, let's focus on the ESL shitshow
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Manchester United and Man City fans hang banners at stadiums in protest at European Super League plans

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-20421704

The protests are starting
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Could be a powerful message if United and City fans actually work together in opposition to this.

And we play Liverpool in a couple of weeks. A joint demonstration would be an even more powerful message.

Not that the owners give a fuck.
bman2
Legend

To be honest this big stakes business and political battle is more interesting than the actual football has been for a while. Given a new lease of life to a dead rubber season.