Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Tbf we have to thank the Glazers and Perez for the entertainment.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Now, will FIFA/UEFA show any sort of humility or gratitude to the fans that killed this fucking thing...? Will they fuck.
Yeah the reaction from the football community has been fucking class. Aggressive street protests, banners, campaigns, supporters groups threatening to pull out, one chief exec got a credible death threat - it's been a multi pronged attack by fans, and it's had a big impact. It's not just broadcasters, the gov, pundits etc. Fans have played a vital role. Cos at the end of the day, if we stop supporting our clubs, they don't have a game.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago Who'd have ever thought we'd have been relying on Chelsea and City to be the ones with the moral compass, and effectively saving the day( ignoring the fact they both did initially sign up!)
I don't know about moral compass.... they're just the 2 clubs with billionaire owners who don't need the cash for the hassle that comes with it.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago Who'd have ever thought we'd have been relying on Chelsea and City to be the ones with the moral compass, and effectively saving the day( ignoring the fact they both did initially sign up!)
:)) true that
swampash
Legend

What was the tweet? Don’t do Twitter so can’t read it!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago What was the tweet? Don’t do Twitter so can’t read it!
Which one?

One tweet was by Stan Collymore that said there are rumours an unknown owner is preparing to sell their club, and the other tweet said "Football administration, bloody hell"
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
I don't know about moral compass.... they're just the 2 clubs with billionaire owners who don't need the cash for the hassle that comes with it.
Yeah the sad fact about this is that the drivers of the ESL are the big clubs that are actually popular and self-sustaining: Juve, Real, Barca, United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

All this means is that no one will be able to compete with City and PSG. Bayern maybe for a while, since they’ve essentially already got an ESL-type situation. CL is guaranteed for them, and domestic titles are practically guaranteed as well, and the just Hoover up all the good players in Germany.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah the sad fact about this is that the drivers of the ESL are the big clubs that are actually popular and self-sustaining: Juve, Real, Barca, United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

All this means is that no one will be able to compete with City and PSG. Bayern maybe for a while, since they’ve essentially already got an ESL-type situation. CL is guaranteed for them, and domestic titles are practically guaranteed as well, and the just Hoover up all the good players in Germany.
I don't think that's why you're coming across as downbeat, dare I say bitter, I think it's cos you believe United should have more money from the TV rights money

Cos this whole shitshow has not only been defeated, a good thing, but has opened up a clear opportunity to change football for the better. You've got a massive movement against these cunts from aggressive street protests to the government finally listening to football fans (United fans were part of the governments zoom this morning) and openly considering giving fans power within their own clubs. It's a key moment. And I just think rather than decry tonight's news, you should get stuck in and try and make a difference like everyone else
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Souness reckons John Henry / FSG's position is untenable at Liverpool