Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Don’t for a minute think the likes of Ole, Klopp, and Guardiola haven’t known about this for ages. The timing has taken people by surprise but that’s it. You can see now why Woodward kept Ole on board, he’s the perfect guy to sell United supporters on the EPL.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

From the guardian:

The Guardian’s Jessica Elgot asks what is Boris Johnson’s own view on the German model of ownership (50+1) which gives fans a controlling stake in their clubs?

Johnson says it’s a matter for the minister for sport Tracey Crouch to address in her review and he is of the opinion that she is impressed by those models.

Could the Tories be about to give us fan ownership??
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
From the guardian:

The Guardian’s Jessica Elgot asks what is Boris Johnson’s own view on the German model of ownership (50+1) which gives fans a controlling stake in their clubs?

Johnson says it’s a matter for the minister for sport Tracey Crouch to address in her review and he is of the opinion that she is impressed by those models.

Could the Tories be about to give us fan ownership??
Yes, I think they well might.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Yep. We're getting the ESL one way or the other.
I think the champions league will turn into the ESL by changing the format to allow big clubs to create a closed shop. It'll be under UEFA so they'll stop cribbing. Everyone goes home happy.
Isn’t that pretty much what the CL plan from 2024 is?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Chelsea fans won't let their team bus in in protest

Direct action!
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Yep. We're getting the ESL one way or the other.
I think the champions league will turn into the ESL by changing the format to allow big clubs to create a closed shop. It'll be under UEFA so they'll stop cribbing. Everyone goes home happy.
Isn’t that pretty much what the CL plan from 2024 is?
Yeah looks like. That's why you know FSG and the Glazers are serious about this league, and aren't just using it as leverage to get a better deal out of the CL. The CL reforms that were released on monday basically create a euro super league from what I'm hearing. Yet that's not good enough. The yanks want rid of relegation and top 4, they want guaranteed income.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Yeah normally some kind of compromise is what I’d expect here. Although it’s kind of gone in a confrontational direction and the EPL clubs might just go for it now. On the one hand, you’ve twats like Boris Johnson getting involved, and on the other you’ve got the ready offer of 300M cash up front. The 12 must be eying that 300M and thinking it would be better to take the cash and some short term PR damage in exchange for ridding yourselves of twats like Boris Johnson for good.
Am I right in thinking you've always been for United having a greater share of the Prem money? Rather than it being divvied up evenly, cos United are the biggest attraction. Cos I feel you're siding with the Glazers on this (not the club) in the sense of wanting more money for United, and for United to sit at the top of the tree.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

CHELSEA WITHDRAW FROM ESL haha

Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Luke Shaw is against it

dozer
Legend

1 month ago

News (tweets) coming in that City, Chelsea, Atletico, Barca and even United are pulling out.