Maguire

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
FuB wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago He did have a good tournament. I do think Maguire and Varane could be a strong combination. Hopefully good enough that Ole won’t feel the need to usually play 2 DMs in front of them.
Problem is Varane will bring his French temperament which plagued arsenal. What if he's not in the right mood on match day?

Didn't pogba, Mbappe and others have issues during the euros? Was in the papers. Idk if it's true.
What is Varane's 'French temperament' and how did it plague Arsenal?
Was it the same one that won them the world cup, Dozer?
The same 'French temperament' that the Arsenal side of the 'Wenger era' had, which made them one of the best teams in the world for a while?
Not quite. It was their French temperament that was holding them back. Arsenal never had a top top team. Too many French players spoilt that broth.
dozer
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago Could it be the same as the 'French temperament' that Eric had?
One or maybe even two French players are manageable I guess. Not more. We're already struggling with Martial and Pogba.
dozer
Legend

There is this "quality" about French players. It's hard to explain. Perhaps they're more motivated in the international games, although I read otherwise this time, but they seem to be moody and seem to play in second gear in most games.
Look at Griezmann, Giroud and Dembele for instance, apart from our players.

Having said that Kante and Benzema are top players. But the French seem to have this risk.

Even Wenger showed signs of this problem. He was a top top manager but his temperament was his weakness. He's one of the best ever, but if I had to pick a weakness in him, it would be that French temperament. He had that delusion of grandeur. Well, he was indeed great but he thought everyone else were dumb.

"mY WAy oF ManAgEMenT Is THe bEsT"
bman2
Legend

Martial seems a bit “temperamental”, or inconsistent, moody, or whatever the right term is. But so is Shaw. It’s just an individual thing. The French national team in recent memory had some upheavals due to racial politics. There was a blow-up at the WC some years back, Evra was involved. But that sounded totally justified based on what I read, with the African heritage players having every reason to think there was a racial bias problem in the French FA.

If anything the English national team seems the most “temperamental” in recent memory, from the golden generation up til recently, constant drama and meltdowns at big tournaments. Southgate deserves credit for whatever he has done to get past that.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Rooney was a moody cunt
fat maradona
Legend

Keane was a double moody cunt.

Seems like we've debunked this French temperament thing. Most footie players are primadonnas and not just the French.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Keane was a double moody cunt.

Seems like we've debunked this French temperament thing. Most footie players are primadonnas and not just the French.
It's almost as if racial stereotypes are a load of unnecessary bollocks. Whatever next?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Martial seems a bit “temperamental”, or inconsistent, moody, or whatever the right term is. But so is Shaw. It’s just an individual thing. The French national team in recent memory had some upheavals due to racial politics. There was a blow-up at the WC some years back, Evra was involved. But that sounded totally justified based on what I read, with the African heritage players having every reason to think there was a racial bias problem in the French FA.

If anything the English national team seems the most “temperamental” in recent memory, from the golden generation up til recently, constant drama and meltdowns at big tournaments. Southgate deserves credit for whatever he has done to get past that.
It's not just being moody though.
French football players seem to have issues when something doesn't fit their view. If it does, great. Benzema and Kante are exceptions imo. Add Lloris to that list. They've battled any adversity and come out top consistently every game. Keane and Rooney were moody but they used it to up their game.
I'd forgotten about the Evra story but he's always given his best.

Most French players presently seem like Pogba's to me. Supremely talented but struggle to deliver consistently as if someone upset them mentally just before the game.
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Martial seems a bit “temperamental”, or inconsistent, moody, or whatever the right term is. But so is Shaw. It’s just an individual thing. The French national team in recent memory had some upheavals due to racial politics. There was a blow-up at the WC some years back, Evra was involved. But that sounded totally justified based on what I read, with the African heritage players having every reason to think there was a racial bias problem in the French FA.

French football players seem to have issues when something doesn't fit their view. If it does, great. Benzema and Kante are exceptions imo. Add Lloris to that list. They've battled any adversity and come out top consistently every game. Keane and Rooney were moody but they used it to up their game.

Most French players presently seem like Pogba's to me. Supremely talented but struggle to deliver consistently as if someone upset them mentally just before the game.
Surely most French players don't belong to Pogba. I know he gets paid a lot but that seems excessive
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago

Surely most French players don't belong to Pogba. I know he gets paid a lot but that seems excessive
I didn't say that. Check your parsing software fubs.