Maguire

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I was beginning to wonder myself if I wasn’t being too hard on Maguire, but unfortunately I wasn’t at all. He’s a bang average mid-table CB. And he’s also a twat, I think that’s becoming harder to deny.

He’s got to be the least decorated player in the squad except for a few of the young players. We’ve got title winners, CL winners, Europa winners, Euro winners, WC winners. And we’ve got shit on a stick Captain Relegation bossing them about? Don’t make me laugh.

I do wonder why he can get his blood up against Greeks and Albanians though. 🤔 Brexity UKIP twat written all over him tbh.
He's got a bit of history with Greeks and supposedly Albanians trying to drug his sister... or is that what you're getting at?
Yeah, his stupid story after he got into a drunk punch up that “Albanians were trying to kidnap my sister and make her a sex slave”. Literally the plot to Taken. He’s a fucking moron.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I was beginning to wonder myself if I wasn’t being too hard on Maguire, but unfortunately I wasn’t at all. He’s a bang average mid-table CB. And he’s also a twat, I think that’s becoming harder to deny.
I've said this a million times, but when Mike Phelan was manager of Hull he offered Maguire to United for 17m (his clause release fee). United weren't interested so Leicester jumped in. Then 2 years later Ed the genius pays 80m for the cunt.

If he'd have cost around 20m no one would bat an eyelid, and it wouldn't be a big deal replacing him. But now we're stuck with him.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
I've said this a million times, but when Mike Phelan was manager of Hull he offered Maguire to United for 17m (his clause release fee). United weren't interested so Leicester jumped in. Then 2 years later Ed the genius pays 80m for the cunt.

If he'd have cost around 20m no one would bat an eyelid, and it wouldn't be a big deal replacing him. But now we're stuck with him.
You’re absolutely right there. And he’s probably only captain because of the price tag. He is a good player, but his pace issues are a serious problem, and I just haven’t been impressed by his attitude at all. He looks like a guy out of his depth. Ole very blatantly gave him top dog status, and that just looks really fucking weird and awkward now that he’s got the likes of Varane beside him.

I think Maguire is for Ole what Fellaini was for Moyes. Both players actually had a lot of positive qualities. And in many ways it wasn’t their fault how things worked out, the price tags, and the amount of tension on them. But they’re both these average players that become the symbol of the manager.
swampash
Legend

Southgate, who sees him infrequently, gets more out of him than the hobbit, who sees him week in week out.
So, logically, the hobbit is useless.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Southgate, who sees him infrequently, gets more out of him than the hobbit, who sees him week in week out.
Southgate also protects him with a back 5 that sits deep with two DMs in front of them. There’s not a lot of opportunity for his oil tanker turn rate to show itself.
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago Southgate, who sees him infrequently, gets more out of him than the hobbit, who sees him week in week out.
Southgate also protects him with a back 5 that sits deep with two DMs in front of them. There’s not a lot of opportunity for his oil tanker turn rate to show itself.
Ole's been trying to do the same in the last games... thus showing up how shit our midfield is even more than previously
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Nice one big man.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago

Nice one big man.
Looks bad, but the usual hyper bole you get on social media. He was at a restaurant for his dads birthday. But that doesn't read as well as a headline of him out partying, so they'll go with the partying line.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fair enough. These things can be spun, as you say. Its the optics, against a back drop him him playing shit and giving it the big un. Never Utd captain material in a million years
OliverB
Reserves

He's an average player, yes he looked good at Leicester but that was in a team with limited expectations, he is a good defender for clubs who want to finish 7th and below but he doesn't have the technical side to his game to be a top, top defender.

That celebration when he scored for England against a crap team the other day shows the mentality of the man, you'd think he had struck the winner against Manchester City, he thought he was the man scoring against a team of league one equivalent players.

Unfortunately we have this trend of trying to spend big on an English player every summer, Shaw, Zaha, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Sancho, we can get two foreigners for the price and one of them could be a proven winner, we have good talent in the academy so it's not like we can't just promote some of them to fill the home grown player thingy.

I've nothing against English players, it's just we know their prices are automatically double just because they are English, this is why English teams buy from abroad but only a few foreign teams can afford to buy English players unless they can't break into the first team at their Premier League club.
;)