Maguire

Manchester United chat
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
FuB wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Martial seems a bit “temperamental”, or inconsistent, moody, or whatever the right term is. But so is Shaw. It’s just an individual thing. The French national team in recent memory had some upheavals due to racial politics. There was a blow-up at the WC some years back, Evra was involved. But that sounded totally justified based on what I read, with the African heritage players having every reason to think there was a racial bias problem in the French FA.

If anything the English national team seems the most “temperamental” in recent memory, from the golden generation up til recently, constant drama and meltdowns at big tournaments. Southgate deserves credit for whatever he has done to get past that.
It's not just being moody though.
French football players seem to have issues when something doesn't fit their view. If it does, great. Benzema and Kante are exceptions imo. Add Lloris to that list. They've battled any adversity and come out top consistently every game. Keane and Rooney were moody but they used it to up their game.
I'd forgotten about the Evra story but he's always given his best.

Most French players presently seem like Pogba's to me. Supremely talented but struggle to deliver consistently as if someone upset them mentally just before the game.
Surely most French players don't belong to Pogba. I know he gets paid a lot but that seems excessive
I didn't say that. Check your parsing software fubs.
Ah but you did, dozer. Do check how to construct a possessive noun in English and, in your case, how not to.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Martial seems a bit “temperamental”, or inconsistent, moody, or whatever the right term is. But so is Shaw. It’s just an individual thing. The French national team in recent memory had some upheavals due to racial politics. There was a blow-up at the WC some years back, Evra was involved. But that sounded totally justified based on what I read, with the African heritage players having every reason to think there was a racial bias problem in the French FA.

If anything the English national team seems the most “temperamental” in recent memory, from the golden generation up til recently, constant drama and meltdowns at big tournaments. Southgate deserves credit for whatever he has done to get past that.
It's not just being moody though.
French football players seem to have issues when something doesn't fit their view. If it does, great. Benzema and Kante are exceptions imo. Add Lloris to that list. They've battled any adversity and come out top consistently every game. Keane and Rooney were moody but they used it to up their game.
I'd forgotten about the Evra story but he's always given his best.

Most French players presently seem like Pogba's to me. Supremely talented but struggle to deliver consistently as if someone upset them mentally just before the game.
Surely most French players don't belong to Pogba. I know he gets paid a lot but that seems excessive
I didn't say that. Check your parsing software fubs.
Ah but you did, dozer. Do check how to construct a possessive noun in English and, in your case, how not to.
Oh yes. I see it now. The intelligence is indeed artificial. I should have typed it right. Computers don't make mistakes.
bman2
Legend

If we sign Varane, it will be interesting to see if Ole then feels he can play a higher line. Or will Maguire’s lack of pace still force us to sit deep?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Keane destroying him for his goal celebration last night. He's spot on tbf, I said the same thing as it happened. He can't defend for toffee in a United shirt and he scores a free header against Albania so he's giving it the big un? Bollockless cunt.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

[media][/media]
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Keane destroying him for his goal celebration last night. He's spot on tbf, I said the same thing as it happened. He can't defend for toffee in a United shirt and he scores a free header against Albania so he's giving it the big un? Bollockless cunt.
Did you hear some United fans shouting "Ole out" when Keane was talking. It's getting embarrassing for Ole now.

But tbf it's not Ole's fault. The club don't have a back up plan. If we were well run and he got sacked he'd probably hold his hands up and day fair enough, that's unacceptable for a top club. But there's nothing happening behind the scenes, there's no plan b.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago [media][/media]
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Keane destroying him for his goal celebration last night. He's spot on tbf, I said the same thing as it happened. He can't defend for toffee in a United shirt and he scores a free header against Albania so he's giving it the big un? Bollockless cunt.
Did you hear some United fans shouting "Ole out" when Keane was talking. It's getting embarrassing for Ole now.

But tbf it's not Ole's fault. The club don't have a back up plan. If we were well run and he got sacked he'd probably hold his hands up and day fair enough, that's unacceptable for a top club. But there's nothing happening behind the scenes, there's no plan b.
Totally agree. A shambles all round.
sheesh
Legend

Yeah, the situation at the club has become toxic, and this is all because of the board and owners.

I feel quite sorry for Ole as the club has left him out to dry without publicly backing him or clarifying what his job situation is.

We couldn't exactly fire Ole for finishing second last season, but we didn't have to give him a new contract either. What a complete fuck up that was. The board should have made it clear what the expectations were going into this season, but one senses that this wasn't communicated to the manager.
bman2
Legend

I was beginning to wonder myself if I wasn’t being too hard on Maguire, but unfortunately I wasn’t at all. He’s a bang average mid-table CB. And he’s also a twat, I think that’s becoming harder to deny.

He’s got to be the least decorated player in the squad except for a few of the young players. We’ve got title winners, CL winners, Europa winners, Euro winners, WC winners. And we’ve got shit on a stick Captain Relegation bossing them about? Don’t make me laugh.

I do wonder why he can get his blood up against Greeks and Albanians though. 🤔 Brexity UKIP twat written all over him tbh.
FuB
Site Admin

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Yeah, the situation at the club has become toxic, and this is all because of the board and owners.

I feel quite sorry for Ole as the club has left him out to dry without publicly backing him or clarifying what his job situation is.

We couldn't exactly fire Ole for finishing second last season, but we didn't have to give him a new contract either. What a complete fuck up that was. The board should have made it clear what the expectations were going into this season, but one senses that this wasn't communicated to the manager.
To be fair, i think you're giving the board more credit than it is due for actually having any real expectations other than increasing marketing potential
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I was beginning to wonder myself if I wasn’t being too hard on Maguire, but unfortunately I wasn’t at all. He’s a bang average mid-table CB. And he’s also a twat, I think that’s becoming harder to deny.

He’s got to be the least decorated player in the squad except for a few of the young players. We’ve got title winners, CL winners, Europa winners, Euro winners, WC winners. And we’ve got shit on a stick Captain Relegation bossing them about? Don’t make me laugh.

I do wonder why he can get his blood up against Greeks and Albanians though. 🤔 Brexity UKIP twat written all over him tbh.
He's got a bit of history with Greeks and supposedly Albanians trying to drug his sister... or is that what you're getting at?