OGS.....

Manchester United chat
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6487
Joined: 7 years ago

1 year ago

I don't see Laz saying "IT'S NOT THE PLAYERSSSS!!!!" nowadays.
Because it's the players
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26394
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
:Hey snoops, welcome home. We missed you :ymhug:
Thanks mate ....
Been viewing from afar for a bit...wasn’t sure I was ready for the anguish this place can give you!
Think I’ll just post and not get wound up lol

So far I’ve seen that Sid is still the same and still plenty of digs towards Jose...
Laz still as angry and confrontational as always...

Bman is probably closest to how I feel as to what’s going on with Pogba, Ole etc

Swampy is still the voice of reason :)
You doled out years of flak and abuse towards anyone that didn't back Jose, then when it went tits up and you were proven wrong, you ran off to dodge the comeback

Pretty fucking pathetic that, Snoop

And it still seems like you're perceiving everything as a dig against the Great Man
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26394
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
I think it’s over. My sense of the match against Sheffield was that many of our players had stopped playing, certainly stopped doing the hard running, then they gifted Williams his goal (credit to him for how he took it), and some of the others woke up for a bit and banged a couple in. But those lucky 10 minutes late in second half only masked the fact that United was thoroughly beaten tactically and psychologically.

Woodward will be negotiating with Poch. I’m sure he wants a little break, so it probably won’t happen ASAP. But Ole is already done. How many of our players still even really try? Most of the more experienced ones gave up in exasperation when he was given the full time gig, which is why we collapsed so dramatically last season. Those who couldn’t get a transfer are just trying not to get an injury running about to the instructions of a gym teacher.
It is over, I agree. I just can't see Ed pulling the trigger. I think he's lowered his expectations this season due to the Ole rebuild that's only just got going. I think he's aware that if he changes manager again, he also has to scrap the rebuild and start again which the Glazers won't allow after pissing away so much money on Jose. And club legends get longer.

Unless, that is, he got a manager that can work to the same philosophy. But that's not Poch IMO. He would need a lot of signings to play his football because he doesn't do counterattack football.
User avatar
jason_uk
Star Man
Posts: 595
Joined: 7 years ago

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
I think it’s over. My sense of the match against Sheffield was that many of our players had stopped playing, certainly stopped doing the hard running, then they gifted Williams his goal (credit to him for how he took it), and some of the others woke up for a bit and banged a couple in. But those lucky 10 minutes late in second half only masked the fact that United was thoroughly beaten tactically and psychologically.

Woodward will be negotiating with Poch. I’m sure he wants a little break, so it probably won’t happen ASAP. But Ole is already done. How many of our players still even really try? Most of the more experienced ones gave up in exasperation when he was given the full time gig, which is why we collapsed so dramatically last season. Those who couldn’t get a transfer are just trying not to get an injury running about to the instructions of a gym teacher.
It is over, I agree. I just can't see Ed pulling the trigger. I think he's lowered his expectations this season due to the Ole rebuild that's only just got going. I think he's aware that if he changes manager again, he also has to scrap the rebuild and start again which the Glazers won't allow after pissing away so much money on Jose. And club legends get longer.

Unless, that is, he got a manager that can work to the same philosophy. But that's not Poch IMO. He would need a lot of signings to play his football because he doesn't do counterattack football.
I think its clear at this point that Ole isnt the man to do it either.
Poch didnt really make that many big signing at spurs, but he did get some great players for good value and made them better.
Would he not be able to actually coach the players, making them better in the process, playing better football, with some kind of flow. add in the couple of signings we make each window and it's a basis of a rebuild.

Woodward again has made this mess, and I'd say he wont sack ole as another failed manager reflects bad on him, his ego comes before the club.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6753
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
I think it’s over. My sense of the match against Sheffield was that many of our players had stopped playing, certainly stopped doing the hard running, then they gifted Williams his goal (credit to him for how he took it), and some of the others woke up for a bit and banged a couple in. But those lucky 10 minutes late in second half only masked the fact that United was thoroughly beaten tactically and psychologically.

Woodward will be negotiating with Poch. I’m sure he wants a little break, so it probably won’t happen ASAP. But Ole is already done. How many of our players still even really try? Most of the more experienced ones gave up in exasperation when he was given the full time gig, which is why we collapsed so dramatically last season. Those who couldn’t get a transfer are just trying not to get an injury running about to the instructions of a gym teacher.
It is over, I agree. I just can't see Ed pulling the trigger. I think he's lowered his expectations this season due to the Ole rebuild that's only just got going. I think he's aware that if he changes manager again, he also has to scrap the rebuild and start again which the Glazers won't allow after pissing away so much money on Jose. And club legends get longer.

Unless, that is, he got a manager that can work to the same philosophy. But that's not Poch IMO. He would need a lot of signings to play his football because he doesn't do counterattack football.
The results this season tend to suggest that the players don't do counterattack football either... at least not in any effective way.

You never know what might happen but I doubt Ed's going to pull the trigger on the best yes man he could've hoped for.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 6127
Joined: 7 years ago

1 year ago

We're so broken it's hard to know where to start putting it right, even if the capability at the highest levels of the club existed.

We'll be like Milan. A former great, now just mumbling along in the back ground year on year trading on former glories.

We're going beyond being an embarrassment to becoming an irrelevance.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26394
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

jason_uk wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
I think it’s over. My sense of the match against Sheffield was that many of our players had stopped playing, certainly stopped doing the hard running, then they gifted Williams his goal (credit to him for how he took it), and some of the others woke up for a bit and banged a couple in. But those lucky 10 minutes late in second half only masked the fact that United was thoroughly beaten tactically and psychologically.

Woodward will be negotiating with Poch. I’m sure he wants a little break, so it probably won’t happen ASAP. But Ole is already done. How many of our players still even really try? Most of the more experienced ones gave up in exasperation when he was given the full time gig, which is why we collapsed so dramatically last season. Those who couldn’t get a transfer are just trying not to get an injury running about to the instructions of a gym teacher.
It is over, I agree. I just can't see Ed pulling the trigger. I think he's lowered his expectations this season due to the Ole rebuild that's only just got going. I think he's aware that if he changes manager again, he also has to scrap the rebuild and start again which the Glazers won't allow after pissing away so much money on Jose. And club legends get longer.

Unless, that is, he got a manager that can work to the same philosophy. But that's not Poch IMO. He would need a lot of signings to play his football because he doesn't do counterattack football.
I think its clear at this point that Ole isnt the man to do it either.
Poch didnt really make that many big signing at spurs, but he did get some great players for good value and made them better.
Would he not be able to actually coach the players, making them better in the process, playing better football, with some kind of flow. add in the couple of signings we make each window and it's a basis of a rebuild.

Woodward again has made this mess, and I'd say he wont sack ole as another failed manager reflects bad on him, his ego comes before the club.
That's a good point tbf. It's been so long since we had a top coach I've forgotten the magic they can work, like Klopp turning Henderson into a CL winner.

And with Poch playing an assertive effective style of football, you can afford to have some thick twats like Lingard in the 11 cos they just need to carry out instruction to make the system work

Poch would still be quite a big change from the new philosophy we're meant to be following. But tbf any talk of philosophies is moot because all we're doing under Ole is playing a version of Jose-ball only with the ball on the deck.
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 7 years ago

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
:Hey snoops, welcome home. We missed you :ymhug:
Thanks mate ....
Been viewing from afar for a bit...wasn’t sure I was ready for the anguish this place can give you!
Think I’ll just post and not get wound up lol

So far I’ve seen that Sid is still the same and still plenty of digs towards Jose...
Laz still as angry and confrontational as always...

Bman is probably closest to how I feel as to what’s going on with Pogba, Ole etc

Swampy is still the voice of reason :)
You doled out years of flak and abuse towards anyone that didn't back Jose, then when it went tits up and you were proven wrong, you ran off to dodge the comeback

Pretty fucking pathetic that, Snoop

And it still seems like you're perceiving everything as a dig against the Great Man
I have abuse? Hahaha thats rich coming from you or Laz ffs- you two abuse anyone who disagrees with you!
I still think I’m righg about Jose- he wasn’t backed ...big agree it was time for him to go in the end..

Anyway - not here for a fight- and its not why i “ran away”...
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 6127
Joined: 7 years ago

1 year ago

We don't seem to have a philosophy Sid. Sometimes we press, sometimes we dont.

Our attacking play is disjointed. Are we supposed to be a counter attacking side?

I've no idea. Beyond playing in a 4231 setup most of the time, I've got no idea what the fuck we're trying to do.

Poch for me. Or Rodgers. Wilder will end up at a big club but he probably needs to go somewhere like Everton first. Although, are we a big club anymore? Not convinced by Howe. The fella at Wolves is doing well too.

A number of sides in this league have clearly identifiable playing styles and look properly coached. Even with a shite squad, we dont.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26394
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
swampash wrote:
1 year ago
:Hey snoops, welcome home. We missed you :ymhug:
Thanks mate ....
Been viewing from afar for a bit...wasn’t sure I was ready for the anguish this place can give you!
Think I’ll just post and not get wound up lol

So far I’ve seen that Sid is still the same and still plenty of digs towards Jose...
Laz still as angry and confrontational as always...

Bman is probably closest to how I feel as to what’s going on with Pogba, Ole etc

Swampy is still the voice of reason :)
You doled out years of flak and abuse towards anyone that didn't back Jose, then when it went tits up and you were proven wrong, you ran off to dodge the comeback

Pretty fucking pathetic that, Snoop

And it still seems like you're perceiving everything as a dig against the Great Man
I have abuse? Hahaha thats rich coming from you or Laz ffs- you two abuse anyone who disagrees with you!
I still think I’m righg about Jose- he wasn’t backed ...big agree it was time for him to go in the end..

Anyway - not here for a fight- and its not why i “ran away”...
I was an abusive cunt, not gonna lie. But I was public about not being a cunt anymore. But calling out racism & homophobia and abuse is not abuse, but the right thing to do.

You went all in on Jose, alligned yourself with a couple of cunts who Ed had to ban, and went after people for 3 years... and then bottled the inevitable retailiation from those you went after

Like I said at the time (to no avail), the internet isn't the wild west anymore. There's a willingness to act on racism, homophobia, persistent personal abuse across the internet. Everybody's home and work IPs are easily accessible, and everything you say online is stored. These days only post what you're fine with saying at work / at home cos it's standard practice to report and share this shite now, with all relevant parties, including employers.
Post Reply