OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago This is the club’s official statement:
Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... -solskjaer

FFS, not even talking about looking for a permanent manager, just an interim one. How fucking shameless in their incompetence can the people who run this club get? We literally had some of the hottest managers in the game desperate for the job, and we passed them all up to stick with Ole well beyond the point of absurdity. And now there is no plan at all.
The talk is that the 2 they're really interested in are Poch and Ten Hag, but neither are gettable until the summer. The more I think about it, the more I think they're exactly the right candidates.

The approach on interim will be interesting. They'll hope it works under Carrick. Talk of Blanc. More likely to be someone like Steve Bruce.
We could have spent the last two season developing under Poch. Instead we’ve simply pissed them away. And now we’ve pissed this season away too.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

No argument there.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago This is the club’s official statement:
Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... -solskjaer

FFS, not even talking about looking for a permanent manager, just an interim one. How fucking shameless in their incompetence can the people who run this club get? We literally had some of the hottest managers in the game desperate for the job, and we passed them all up to stick with Ole well beyond the point of absurdity. And now there is no plan at all.
The talk is that the 2 they're really interested in are Poch and Ten Hag, but neither are gettable until the summer. The more I think about it, the more I think they're exactly the right candidates.

The approach on interim will be interesting. They'll hope it works under Carrick. Talk of Blanc. More likely to be someone like Steve Bruce.
I just read on the guardian that Poch is living in a hotel in Paris, and his wife still lives in London. So he's probably getable in summer.

Have to say though, it's funny how we have an interim, while we wait for another interim, before we hire Poch or another top manager in summer.

Knowing the Glazers / Ed, we'll go through this process and Poch will stay at PSG.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Apparently Mike phelan is staying on after all (for now). It had been suggested otherwise yesterday.
Ffs. Sacking Ole is almost like a PR exercise to placate the anger. The rest of the cunts are still there so nothing's going to change.
Because they literally have no plan. They had to sack Ole, the situation was too absurd. But nothing else is changed because they literally have no plan and no clue.
Yeah, they don't even have a proper interim lined up, let alone another manager. It's that bad it's funny. I don't think Carrick and Fletcher even knew they were going to be handed the reigns, it was dropped it on them last night. They probably thought they would be sacked as well. Carrick, certainly. Now he's in charge for a CL decider and Chelsea away :))
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Let keane be interim manager. That'll make it interesting 😂
:-BD
bman2
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Apparently Mike phelan is staying on after all (for now). It had been suggested otherwise yesterday.
Ffs. Sacking Ole is almost like a PR exercise to placate the anger. The rest of the cunts are still there so nothing's going to change.
Because they literally have no plan. They had to sack Ole, the situation was too absurd. But nothing else is changed because they literally have no plan and no clue.
Yeah, they don't even have a proper interim lined up, let alone another manager. It's that bad it's funny. I don't think Carrick and Fletcher even knew they were going to be handed the reigns, it was dropped it on them last night. They probably thought they would be sacked as well. Carrick, certainly. Now he's in charge for a CL decider and Chelsea away :))
I hope someone tells them that Ted Lasso is a fictional character.
bman2
Legend

Who knows, maybe there will be some improvement. Can our coaches really be that bad? I wonder if part of the problem is that Ole didn’t show enough leadership with the coaching, so that no clear decisions were made, and everything was muddled. Having any plan, even if it isn’t the best one, and sticking to it, is better than the hopeless anarchy we’ve had.

But the other big problem is how enthusiastic the players and how much work they’ll put it. I’m not saying that they’ll “down tools”, but they’re human beings, and if they feel optimistic and motivated, that’s going to subconsciously make them work harder. But when our coaching situation is “interim squared”, how optimistic can they be?
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Who knows, maybe there will be some improvement. Can our coaches really be that bad? I wonder if part of the problem is that Ole didn’t show enough leadership with the coaching, so that no clear decisions were made, and everything was muddled. Having any plan, even if it isn’t the best one, and sticking to it, is better than the hopeless anarchy we’ve had.

But the other big problem is how enthusiastic the players and how much work they’ll put it. I’m not saying that they’ll “down tools”, but they’re human beings, and if they feel optimistic and motivated, that’s going to subconsciously make them work harder. But when our coaching situation is “interim squared”, how optimistic can they be?
Carrick has survived two managers now, fuck knows what the club see in him as a coach. Hopefully whoever comes in next will bring their coaching staff with them and fuck these noobs off.
bman2
Legend

The problem is we need a manager who isn’t just a good manager in football terms, but someone who can actually do the job well in the shitty organizational culture of Manchester United. Ole was good at the second part: he made the Glazers and Woodward happy, got them to spend money on players. But he was totally out of his depth on the pitch. Of all the possible options out there, my sense is Pochettino might be the best on the balance of both categories. Having been manager and Spurs and PSG, he’ll know how to handle bullshit, superstar egos, billionaire egos, and all the rest. I worry that someone like Ten Hag wouldn’t know what hit him, going from a healthy organization to a shit show. We can’t change the shit show, unfortunately.

Of course, we don’t even know if Poch will available in the summer.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I've no idea what the quality of coaching is actually like - obviously, it looks completely lacking in terms of how it translates to matchday performances, but it may be deeper. At the highest level, there's a level of ruthlessness and setting of standards that players crave, and without it they lose respect and with it that level of drive thats needed. All top managers have it. Jose loses players now, because he hangs players out to dry, but the best managers in the game set the highest standards and they take zero shit. Team above all. You have to be a bit of a cunt, as long as your fair and have the players backs publicly. Look at Pep - one of the first things he did was drop Aguero and tell him he didn't work hard enough to be part of his system.

Fergusons tales are legendary.

Now look at what we have. Pogba dicking about and constantly talking about leaving through his agent, winding his contract down. His contribution to the Liverpool game should have been the last thing he ever did in a Utd shirt. Lingard posts a picture of himself in a West Ham shirt and still gets included in the matchday squad. Maguire performs like a schoolboy, still gets picked.

Top managers don't stand for it. That drop in standards acts like a rot.

Ole was fucked from the moment we lost to Villareal in the Europe final.