OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... to-deceive

I'd agree with some of Merson's comments i.e. Ole not wanting to upset players, making wrong decisions re subs/tactics etc.
Yes, a lot of good points. I think we all know the story by now. We can only play as underdogs, on the counter. I’ve almost never seen us dominate possession and control a game in the past few years. Maybe we have dominated possession and won a few times, but we’ve never controlled a game, never.

So take last night. 65% possession I think. For 120 minutes. And I think we created two shots on goal? How is that possible with Cavani, Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba on the pitch? McT likes a pop a goal too.

As for the subs. Villarreal brought on five subs. Can we really complain about our bench when the opposition is able to bring on five subs and win? Surely our bench is stronger than a club like Villareal’s. They’ve only got two players in the whole squad that would fetch more than 10-15M on the transfer market. If Mata joined that club this summer he’d probably be one of their standout players next season.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The Telegraph said the club are about to open talks on giving Ole a 3 year extension

He'll get the contract. It's a done deal. He was meant to lift the trophy last night so the club could announce the new deal on the hype over summer. But now fans are pissed and questioning whether he's good enough. But the Glazers don't give a fuck, the direction the club is going in has already been decided.
Jason
Star Man

Ancelotti likely leaving everton for Madrid, got me thinking, out of the top 10 clubs how many managers would do I reckon would do a better job for utd.

And id say its probably 7/8 of the other 9 clubs.
Pep, klopp, tuchel, Rodgers, bielsa, ancelotti.

Arteta is a maybe not right now, he hasn't really shown enough at arsenal, and id avoid mourinho based on how toxic it got, even though he did win a couple of cups.

Id say Davy moyes would probably even do a better job with the tools ogs has at his disposal.

Euorpa final still unforgivable, not even just for losing it, but for refusing to make a sub, and set the team up for pens when we got to et.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Aye, he's joined Real. Another top manager missed.
bman2
Legend

I bet Conte will go to PSG then. He wants to win the CL and he doesn’t want to wait.

Imagine what Bielsa would do at United. I don’t know if we’d win titles, but it would be amazingly entertaining to watch, given what he’s done with a championship side.
fat maradona
Legend

Without Bruno last Jan, Ole would have been given the heave-ho by last summer. The way I see it, a handful of players have carried Ole this season. I don't see a style of play developing, there is no character to the team, fucking nothing. It's simply a case of 'get out there lads and enjoy yourselves', wait to concede a goal and then wait for Bruno/Rashford/Greenwood/Cavanni to bail us out.

Who'd I take right now? Poch if he's up for it. Under Bielsa, we'd be the Newcastle United of the 90's under Keegan...
swampash
Legend

Stop me if you've heard me say this before...the hobbit has to go...
sheesh
Legend

I really fear for Ole next season if we don't make the most of the summer transfer window. The fallout from EL final might carry over into next season.

City and Chelsea are being linked with players like Kane, Haaland and Lukaku. Liverpool are going to strengthen.

It's going to hurt the morale of our top players if our rivals are spending money and we're not.
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago I really fear for Ole next season if we don't make the most of the summer transfer window. The fallout from EL final might carry over into next season.

City and Chelsea are being linked with players like Kane, Haaland and Lukaku. Liverpool are going to strengthen.

It's going to hurt the morale of our top players if our rivals are spending money and we're not.
No thanks. I must reiterate that buying galacticos doesn't seem to be a sustainable solution and it hasn't worked out for us. It's worked for Real. Pogba, Sanchez, Di Maria, Falcao, and going by prices Lukaku and Maguire come to mind but most have been crap and the rest ok to good. Cavani has done well though.

I'd rather buy more mid range players (provided we do buy more) and have completion for places. I know VDB is being overlooked for some reason, our transfer record isn't stellar in the mid range dept either but its still way less money and less wages. Easier to churn.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago I really fear for Ole next season if we don't make the most of the summer transfer window. The fallout from EL final might carry over into next season.

Aye, fans are going to get on Ole's back because we want progress, and I fear finishing second might be as good as it gets under him. But the Glazers won't give a fuck. With the death of the ESL and the mounting covid losses, they'll be content with 'ticking over' for the foreseeable. Top 4 if we're lucky. I think most other clubs will be the same. In theory anyway. We'll see.