OGS.....

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

...just goes to show what this squad could do under a proper manager. The stats probably say more about the fact [some of] our key players keep stepping up to save his neck.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I just keep looking at Chelsea and the impact that moving out Lampard for a proper manager had. That could and should be us.
swampash
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago I just keep looking at Chelsea and the impact that moving out Lampard for a proper manager had. That could and should be us.
Could not agree more.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago I just keep looking at Chelsea and the impact that moving out Lampard for a proper manager had. That could and should be us.
Could not agree more.
Aye, Chelsea built a top squad with the right mix of quality, energy and depth that just needed the right manager / philosophy to take over it. We were doing something similar, but with the Ron signing (a reactionary move) and the gross unbalance of the squad in terms of personel and wages, I'm wondering whether we've changed course.

If a new manager took over this squad, they'd have to have a big clear out like Ole did after Jose in order to find an 11 and way of playing that worked.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote: 2 years ago “Ole has the second-highest win percentage of United managers after 100 top-flight games in charge. “ SSN.
Plus a new, league record for unbeaten games away from home. Mental stats for a manager with so many question marks still over him.
Absolutely mind blowing. Yesterday I was ranting at his teams laid back attitude but he’s done wonders for the club, when you actually look at where things were under Jose/LVG etc.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Could not agree more.
Aye, Chelsea built a top squad with the right mix of quality, energy and depth that just needed the right manager / philosophy to take over it. We were doing something similar, but with the Ron signing (a reactionary move) and the gross unbalance of the squad in terms of personel and wages, I'm wondering whether we've changed course.

If a new manager took over this squad, they'd have to have a big clear out like Ole did after Jose in order to find an 11 and way of playing that worked.
I actually think we're not far off. 2 decent DMs (now) and quality number 9 in a year, and we'd be there. If Gea can be at his best.

One DM, now, would make a huge difference.
bman2
Legend

This is a huge challenge for Ole really. The size of the squad and the amount of quality in it is absurd. It gives Ole a lot of choices to make, which is both good and bad. You can’t ignore that Pogba got five assists in the first two games, playing more as a forward. But that would take one forward position, when now you’ve got Ronaldo and Sancho to accommodate in addition to the likes of Greenwood, Cavani, etc. If Ole can find the right formula, there’s a team here that could beat anyone, really contest for the PL or CL, even with the dodgy midfield.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

We all know this is make or break for him. He absolutely has to win a trophy and compete for the title.

His first real test this season, and he's failed.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

It has to be make or break - succeed, or fail miserably enough to force change. Ambling along helps no one
bman2
Legend

Let’s be real, Ole is a nostalgia signing. If he stepped down today, would any other PL club hire him? Whenever a situation occurs that a well coached club should be prepared for — set pieces, playing with 10 men — we look a shambles. For me that’s more damning than any particular result. It’s just unprofessional not to be more solid in those situations.