OGS.....

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Problem is, it has the feel that the club are convinced that a sacking now would be counter productive. All about 'the long term plan' so it almost doesnt matter how badly Ole is doing. As long as the fans dont turn on him, which they wont, and as long as we dont look like going down, hes safe. For this season. And we'll probably miss out on a decent manager again as a result.
bman2
Legend

The frustrating thing is that if Olehad just had the common sense to keep Lukaku and sign Fernandes, we’d probably have an extra ten or so goals and be near the top of the table, be in with a good shout of the CL and be able to attract top players next summer. instead he signed no midfielder because he wanted to use Pereira. The man’s totally incompetent. The rebuild is already bollocks because he’s only making us less attractive to good players.
bman2
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago Problem is, it has the feel that the club are convinced that a sacking now would be counter productive. All about 'the long term plan' so it almost doesnt matter how badly Ole is doing. As long as the fans dont turn on him, which they wont, and as long as we dont look like going down, hes safe. For this season. And we'll probably miss out on a decent manager again as a result.
Well the problem is that the results are so bad and Ole has gutted the squad so much, that even if you brought in a good manager now, it’s unlikely he could save the season by getting us top 4. The season is fucked. It’s worth remembering that in José’s last full season we came 2nd with 80 points. What the fuck kind of rebuild is this supposed to be?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago The frustrating thing is that if Olehad just had the common sense to keep Lukaku and sign Fernandes, we’d probably have an extra ten or so goals and be near the top of the table, be in with a good shout of the CL and be able to attract top players next summer. instead he signed no midfielder because he wanted to use Pereira. The man’s totally incompetent. The rebuild is already bollocks because he’s only making us less attractive to good players.
The financials are as much a reason why we ditched Lukaku. Wages are / were well above 50% turnover. So that's why the club have ditched a lot of big earners and dead wood.

And it's easy to say we should have kept Rom because he would have scored x amount of goals. But don't forget he was a key reason why our football was shit. He couldn't control the ball and did nothing but shoot. He could only run in behind for 20 minutes before he was fucked. Martial as CF gives us more dynamism, fitness, running in behind and finishing. When Rashford, James and Martial are fit and firing, we play some really good stuff. It's the foundation for the future. Rom would be just papering over the cracks.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago Problem is, it has the feel that the club are convinced that a sacking now would be counter productive. All about 'the long term plan' so it almost doesnt matter how badly Ole is doing. As long as the fans dont turn on him, which they wont, and as long as we dont look like going down, hes safe. For this season. And we'll probably miss out on a decent manager again as a result.
Aye I think he's safer than others like Emery because we're not that far in to the new Project. The only thing is, the Project can continue without him. There are other managers that can continue the philosophy. But I reckon it has to get really bad for him to be sacked, as in relegation. And now the club (well, Ed) are listening to football people, I reckon they know this squad with its chornic lack of depth is only good for a midtable finish. It will be once Ole's spent more money that he'll be judged more harshly by the board, if he's still not getting results.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Aye I think he's safer than others like Emery because we're not that far in to the new Project. The only thing is, the Project can continue without him. There are other managers that can continue the philosophy. But I reckon it has to get really bad for him to be sacked, as in relegation. And now the club (well, Ed) are listening to football people, I reckon they know this squad with its chornic lack of depth is only good for a midtable finish. It will be once Ole's spent more money that he'll be judged more harshly by the board, if he's still not getting results.
I agree on the point about Ole not being central to a rebuild plan – and that’s a pretty damning indictment of both our current status and Ole’s ability as a manager. But it is what it is. I still worry that our plan is bollocks, but hey ho. For me, making a manager change should only be done if we can find a manager that’s central to what we’re looking to do in terms of player recruitment, playing style, emphasis on youth etc. Poch or Rodgers wouldn’t be disruptive to the plan – they’d enhance it. And to be honest, I’m leaning more towards Rodgers. His football is easier on the eye and the way spurs are going off the boil this season is a bit of a worry.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

without lukakus goals ole wouldn’t have got the job
lkhm

hoofing
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago without lukakus goals ole wouldn’t have got the job
No just removing the horrendous atmosphere Jose created and kicking the ball at the goal a bit got Ole the job. The dysfunctional team Jose left behind meant any old dosser would have got the job, even Tim Sherwoody.
bman2
Legend

The point is not that there are better forwards than Lukaku out there, it’s that it was self-defeating to alienate and then sell him without having any replacement. Look at the clubs we’re losing to and struggling to score against - Bournemouth, Newcastle, Palace etc. Lukaku is good enough to score against them at least. I’ve seen pundits like Neville defend it on the basis that “ole saw that teams with Lukaku don’t win titles”. Don’t win titles ffs. We’re 10th and five points off the drop.
bman2
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
I agree on the point about Ole not being central to a rebuild plan – and that’s a pretty damning indictment of both our current status and Ole’s ability as a manager. But it is what it is. I still worry that our plan is bollocks, but hey ho. For me, making a manager change should only be done if we can find a manager that’s central to what we’re looking to do in terms of player recruitment, playing style, emphasis on youth etc. Poch or Rodgers wouldn’t be disruptive to the plan – they’d enhance it. And to be honest, I’m leaning more towards Rodgers. His football is easier on the eye and the way spurs are going off the boil this season is a bit of a worry.
I’m not that bothered by Spurs’ implosion. Pitch has wanted out for a while, as have several key players, and the club didn’t invest enough in the squad to keep things fresh. Levy just dragged the situation out beyond its natural life cycle and this is what happens. There are no guarantees, but Potch’s record still looks ideal for United right now.