OGS.....

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

Fred has been decent now for a while, that's a bit harsh,

Shaw ain't a disgrace, he's not unfit either, if everyone wants Williams (who I really like) fair enough but Rashford was fucking shocking last night as well overall.

And I don't just mean offensively, Arsenal were deliberately attacking on the left, probably because AWB is a beast defensively but needs to be more attacking, or maybe because they thought Pepe would get a bit of joy there but regardless, Rashford did no tracking back, which is very unlike him, and I don't think Maguire is great at helping out his full back imho, regardless of who it is,

Shaw, Fred and Matic are the least of our worries.

Fred has been very impressive in the last 5 or so weeks, he looks better every game and Matic I had to begrudgingly admit looked a better player when he came back than the one that got injured.

You're right in that they should be squad players but as of now Fred and Matic and Garner are the only natural cms for the next month at least.

I felt myself sticking up for Rashford as I saw him improve and now most fans think he is one of our only big players, but he still has a way to go,

Martial gets a free pass on here and I don't know why, he's clinical, but Greenwood (whenever he gets a chance down the middle) looks as good as Martial was at his age,

I like Martial and in a technically gifted, settled quality team he'd look world class but great players need to make stuff happen to,

We don't put good balls into the box enough and we are lopsided in that Rashford is not as much of a wide player as James in that he likes the ball out wide so he can cut in, which means you rely on your lb for width,

Rashford ends up in their final third and instead of just crossing it, always looks to play to feet round him and through the defence, he used to lose the ball a lot more whereas now I see progression in that he's now winning a shit load of corners and throw ins but he still can do more, and tbf I think a lot of it is down to our "tactics", but still.

Martial edges him on running at players and actually beating them but again, he drifts in and out of games and in some games we do need an alternative/different style of striker.

Young, Jones and Lingard Id chop tomorrow.

I'm not pushing complete panic on DDG yet, he's been too good for too long to not be allowed a rare bad patch.

James has been a breath of fresh air, considering he is supposedly better on the left and it's his first year in the Prem with a new team and he's forming a partnership with another young player in AWB, they are doing fine so far.

If Matic stays until the summer, fine, players are really starting to be less and less impressed with us as a new proposition even when we can pay over the odds in fees and wages, so we need to be realistic with what we have and focus on getting players in the right areas and if Fred and a Matic are still there as squad players then that's ok with me tbh. Certainly not worried about either full back roles and with Dalot coming back, this will surely be Young's last season.

I just hope if it comes to it and we have to patch up here and there then we see the likes of Garner or even Tuanzabe in midfield than fucking Lingard, you just know as soon as Fred or Matic get a knock or a suspension, we will see at best Perriera in cm and Lingard at 10 or (shudder) Lingard in midfield, but you know Ole will do it!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
danniitronix
First Teamer

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 4 years ago
This is a good post Baz.

We will not get better or even get the mindset of thinking that we need a new plan or any sort of plan at all, unless we get realistic and look at what is happening.

This is a collective delusion and OGS is front and centre of it. That smile is bordering on the fraudulent. Same waffle, vacuous and vague sentiments that add up to nothing. Nothing!

It makes me so cross that no one is seeing this. We are paying millions for him to learn his trade. Is this an apprenticeship or some sort of learning and development programme. He lacks the skill, the poise, the experience and the charisma - even the body language - to get us out of this when our backs are to the wall. It is fine when the pressure is not on, but look at the way he is floundering looking for a lifeline.

You can talk about the players, formations, injuries, DoF, transfer windows, etc but you cannot excuse the amateurism of the manager. Getting fourth doesn't really cut it because the technical gap between Citeh and Pool v. the rest is so wide that that it might as well as be another division.

I applaud Leicester for being in the mix. Way less money, way less spent on a squad and way less wages - but at least the players are fighting for a performance driven on by their manager. Ours are rudderless, toothless and jogging around the pitch like zombies. That comes from the manager. Our previous two shit managers got pots and CL qualification, the bare minimum, I just cannot see it happening with OGS.
marlon
Legend

He's got plenty of experience, he's just not very good
marlon
Legend

redzebs wrote: 4 years ago Shaw, Fred and Matic are the least of our worries.
Shaw is a first choice player and has finally had a proper chance, he's 24 and clearly not good enough. Matic as a depth player on an expiring contract isn't much of a concern but Fred was clearly a bad signing and our midfield is our biggest weakness.

How can LB and MF be the least of our concerns?
bman2
Legend

Yeah there’s been an evolution in tactics, but also in how football clubs are run. Woodward and the Glazers have sat on their arses watching both changes sweep us by, and still show no sign of the penny dropping. It’s not just the intense coaching of the likes of Klopp, Pep, and so in, but the way clubs like Leicester and Dortmund can mix it with the big boys. Liverpool’s owners are least realized that much, and look at the benefits.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago
redzebs wrote: 4 years ago Shaw, Fred and Matic are the least of our worries.
Shaw is a first choice player and has finally had a proper chance, he's 24 and clearly not good enough. Matic as a depth player on an expiring contract isn't much of a concern but Fred was clearly a bad signing and our midfield is our biggest weakness.

How can LB and MF be the least of our concerns?
I agree. These are our biggest areas of worry to my mind. Followed by the right side of our attack.
Steggo
First Teamer

The game against Arsenal showed exactly what sort of manager OGS is- technically and tactically inept and without any motivational skills. Yes, the players were inept in that first half but did you see him get up once and bollock them?
And then he’s smiling like a twat after. Him and the players should have just left that pitch with heads bowed and kept a low profile.
I saw an interview with him some weeks ago where he said, basically, that this season was a write off (another of transition!!!). Perhaps that mentality has transferred itself to the players. It’s a great incentive to all the fans who going to watch the gutless drivel that’s served up.
He ain’t good enough and is a personification of just where the club are at this time.
Steggo
First Teamer

And as I said ages ago, this is history repeating itself. It’s exactly what happened when Busby ‘left’. About time the Old Trafford crowd started getting vocal. Yer, right, like that going to happen!
FuB
Site Admin

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50983643

cracks beginning to show? seems a bit of an uncharacteristic outburst from Ole and the "medieval times" part is odd to say the least
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

absolutely bizarre comments ffs, first bit of public stick hes had and the roberto martinez over the top happy smiley yes man mask slips
lkhm

hoofing