OGS.....

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Ole has to drop DDG, Lingard and Shaw as a minimum to send an unambiguous signal to them and the rest of the team. If he doesn't then, for me, he hasn't got what it takes.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago DDG was great in Jose’s second season, he definitely single handedly won us a decent number of points, but I think he had a bad patch before that didn’t he? He’s been up and down in recent seasons, it’s disappointing.
Yeah he bailed Joey out big time. As for poor form, Dave's had blips in the past but nothing like what we saw towards the end of last season, and at times this seat to were you start to question whether he's still a top keeper.

I think it'a due to complacency. I watched a vid of Fergie talking about the team he inherited at United in the 80s, and while it lacked quality etc the fundamental problem was the players were used to putting in average performances. So he had a fire sale. We've had the same problem post Fergie, and it's started to affect Dave IMO.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

swampash wrote: 4 years ago Ole has to drop DDG, Lingard and Shaw as a minimum to send an unambiguous signal to them and the rest of the team. If he doesn't then, for me, he hasn't got what it takes.
I have to agree. Romero is solid enough. Give him a couple of games. And Lingard fucks me off even more than Pogba. Trying to chip the keeper from there? What the fuck was he thinking? 'Heres one for the gram'?

We have a massive mentality problem now. Its infected the whole squad. We're small time. Standards have dropped so far.

Ole called out the lack of urgency and tempo yesterday. He's right, but what's he doing about it? I called it in the game thread after 10 mins. Everything was sloppy, everything was half arsed and even though Watford didn't have much about them we never looked like keeping a clean sheet. He has to get ruthless.
swampash
Legend

Dead right ash. We raise our game against top teams, but so does every other small-time club. The fear of getting stuffed raises the adrenalin level and concentration and performance benefit. Rest of the time we look like we just can't be arsed. That doesn't reflect well on the players, but is an even bigger condemnation of the management and coaching team.
Steggo
First Teamer

I’ve just read that the contracts of Gomes and Chong are up this season and they may leave. Are they good enough to keep and if so what does this say about OGSs policy on young players?
And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on here, especially FuB who does such great work under trying circumstances!!!!!
bman2
Legend

Solskjaer said. "This season will be used to find a team and a squad for next season, but hopefully we can speed this process up by getting more results.”
That’s taking the piss really. What was more than half of last season and the summer for then?
redzebs
Legend

Steggo wrote: 4 years ago I’ve just read that the contracts of Gomes and Chong are up this season and they may leave. Are they good enough to keep and if so what does this say about OGSs policy on young players?
And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on here, especially FuB who does such great work under trying circumstances!!!!!
Yeah, they can negotiate moving away from next week, I think we should keep them but neither has took their chances in the first team tbf, unlike Williams and Greenwood for example.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Steggo wrote: 4 years ago I’ve just read that the contracts of Gomes and Chong are up this season and they may leave. Are they good enough to keep and if so what does this say about OGSs policy on young players?
Got to tie Gomes down. Chong needs work but he's worth keeping and developing too. But Gomes will become a proper player. I just hope Ole doesn't think he's too small like he's alluded to in the past. We need his quality.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Van Persie: "When I listen to Ole, he sounds like a really nice guy. I would like to see him a bit more mean at times, just be angry. I see him smiling now after a game like that. This is not the moment to smile.” #mufc [BT]
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Ole ain't up to it.

I have no confidence in any area of the club. So the best we can do it bring in a quality coach who can polish turds.