So, who wants a nice working forum then?

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Brian's already pre-empted me on this. I was intending to wait till after the match today before posting anything.

I've been in contact with Ed for a little while and he's kindly given me the admin access needed to look at fixing this forum once and for all. I've spent a few hours at it but I can finally say that I'm fairly confident I can fix things for us all. All I need is a (hopefully very short but i'm conscious of famous last words here) little bit of downtime to switch things over from my "already fixed" version of the forum.

I had everything all looking good earlier this morning but I didn't want to risk fucking things up on a match day so have left it till now. I also felt I should give everyone some notice of downtime. IT stuff is my real life job so i'm sort of conditioned to have to let the users know before I do anything.

Can we all agree when is a good time to do the switchover?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

I'm ready now

Go for it
Robbo
Legend

3 years ago

I agree go for it.
-----------------------------------------------------
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Robbo wrote:I agree go for it.

done... hopefully this, being the first quote of a new age, makes that clear.

oh, and the lack of php errors above

I didn't test things to the nth degree so it might not all be good and you might need to clear your browser caches before things behave properly.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Well done Fuß. Good on ya!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

swampash wrote:Well done Fuß. Good on ya!

just for a laugh... here's the second quote with a bit of italics. i expect you're all beside yourselves with excitement now

i get a blank page when quoting though so i don't think it's 100% sorted. i'll look into it.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Coolcoolcool
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Coolcoolcool :ymparty:
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Shit, have you done it already? I thought it was going to be offline for 3 weeks like usual

*edits

It works - well in, Fub. Not all heroes wear capes.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:I'm ready now

Go for it

You think your in prison with Harry??? :-o
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X