Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Good fullbacks are essential in modern football, especially high pressing attacking teams. Ours are shite or cunts or shite cunts. Shaw elevated his game at the euros but has been shite since - as if the fame and accolades went to his head. I suspect he's one of the big players that has got comfortable and does what he wants on the pitch. So I wouldn't object to selling the cunt if he's not going to stick to Hag's plan.

Most of our squad have spent the last 5 or so years playing counterattack football. And none of them showed they can play high pressing attacking football under Rangnick. So even if they're nice, even if they're good, they can still fuck off if they can't make that massive cultural switch.
bman2
Legend

I’m not sure that Fred will have the composure to make the step up, although he definitely works hard. McTominay might do well in a system where his proper positioning is always clear, probably as our holding CM against tougher opposition (we might not bother against weaker opposition). Sancho and Beek should do well.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fred has the energy and tenacity to play high press football, but not the technique. He may play in some of the harder games just for nuisance factor. McTominay I'm not sure about at all.

I think some of the younger lads like Garnacho, Hannjbal could shine. Beek will know exactly what's needed so if he doesn't shine now, he never well.

I think Sancho will fly now.

And whilst I may be in a minority, Mata could have been worth another year as a squaddie. Probably the best one touch player we had.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

We may have played a blinder with Malacia. Wait till another club agrees a 15m fee, then say 'yeah we'll pay that too'. If its us that goes in first, the fee is probably double.

Apparently the deal for Jong is agreed too.
swampash
Legend

Who’s going to be captain?
:eatpopcorn:
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago Who’s going to be captain?
He's got to be a player who starts every game if fit.
Based on last season that will be DDG, CRon or Bruno.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Id go ron for the season( if eth plans to start him) Proven winner, World class talent and knows what it takes.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Don’t personally like goal keepers as captains as they are too removed from the action. Ronnie won’t start every game and is on the wane, so can’t see him as captain either...
swampash
Legend

...Bruno is the obvious choice out of those three but would a Dutch player be a better choice if they are more used to Ten Hag‘s tactics?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

All this "done deal", "deal agreed" "de Jong set to be announced" - he still hasn't actually signed the deal yet. It's been well over a week. You start wondering if he's actually going to.