The Election

Political Debate
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

I don't know if Corybn is even that left wing tbh

I've not read anything positive about him in the Guardian or BBC - it has literally just been the middle class nomark cunts attacking him

They've made him out to be this monster, threatening to quit the party if he takes over because they couldn't possibly condone such an evil bastard presumably... to which I say good, fuck off, and why stop there, why not hang yourself in your garage too, Kendall, Cooper, Burnham

It's time we had a purge of that lot

Anyways I'll have to go read about him. If that lot hate him then he must be alright
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

I think Corbyn's getting so much flack from the Labour party members because they've got so caught up in the Blair-esque mentality that they've forgotten what their party is supposed to stand for. Makes me hate Blair even more, he's turned Labour into Tory-lite, to the point that most of the current party don't even seem to know who they were any more.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
swampash wrote:So if the Lanour Party under Corbyn go into the next election with a manifesto including renationalising rail and the utilities, a 95%!tax on bankers' excessive pay and bonuses, banning private schools, getting rid of university fees and Trident; you stil wouldn't vote for them???
Demanding an answer to a hypothetical question based on an impossible scenario is wummery

Might as well ask if he gave you 10 million quid and a blowjob, would you vote for him?

Yes
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Spudiator wrote:I think Corbyn's getting so much flack from the Labour party members because they've got so caught up in the Blair-esque mentality that they've forgotten what their party is supposed to stand for. Makes me hate Blair even more, he's turned Labour into Tory-lite, to the point that most of the current party don't even seem to know who they were any more.
Spot on. Labour is two parties rolled into one; there's the Labour Party which is what working class people round here want, then there's the New Labour Party, which is what wankers want. Like you said, it's basically Tory Lite

The New Labour lot should create their own party that is disassociated from the unions and their funding (and thus the working class), and raise funds the Tory way, which is to bend over to business, industry and banks to get funding in return for tax cuts, favourable legislation, policy etc.
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
swampash wrote:So if the Lanour Party under Corbyn go into the next election with a manifesto including renationalising rail and the utilities, a 95%!tax on bankers' excessive pay and bonuses, banning private schools, getting rid of university fees and Trident; you stil wouldn't vote for them???
Demanding an answer to a hypothetical question based on an impossible scenario is wummery

Might as well ask if he gave you 10 million quid and a blowjob, would you vote for him?
Nothing wrong with hypothetical questions in developing a line of argument, surely?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

You don't know how to push Sids buttons Swampy tbf
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah "developing a line of argument" ain't it
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Swamp, Sid and I will now demonstrate how this is supposed to work :-

Here Sid, I saw a load of posh cunts bragging about how much money they had at 21, and they started throwing twenties at state school kids shouting trust funds mother fuckers!

I didn't intervene because I wanted to wait and pick up any score notes that weren't covered in tears, how does that make you feel?
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Cool - I bow to your superior approach!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Wax on wax off young swampy