The Election

Political Debate
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Ric Flair's hair also shits over his tbf

He invented yellow, not blonde. Yellow.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Think I'm coming round to this Jeremy Corbyn idea... too many politicians I'd rather kick shit out of, don't like him... that's a great place to start...

Wants to renationalise the energy companies and railways... I'd go right along with that as well...

Something about him as well... looks confidently intelligent enough to stand up to Cameron... none of the other candidates look like they'd come out of an argument with him looking like anything but the loser...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

If he won the leadership contest, would it persuade you to vote in the next General Election?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Not me because even if you put a decent bloke in charge of the state machinery, it's only going to shit on you

But it's fun the way the nomark fucking middle class careerist fucking Labour politicians are shitting themselves and threatening to quit the party if an actual working class bloke takes over - something which a lot of working class people actually want

Says it all about what the Labour party is
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Not me because even if you put a decent bloke in charge of the state machinery, it's only going to shit on you

But it's fun the way the nomark fucking middle class careerist fucking Labour politicians are shitting themselves and threatening to quit the party if an actual working class bloke takes over - something which a lot of working class people actually want

Says it all about what the Labour party is
You're not wrong Sid... but if Labour don't sort themselves out soon, like the next year or so, the Tories will have free reign to crush the poor/working class in this country to fuckin dust...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

But if people can't even be arsed to vote for Labour even if they get a leader that is supposed to be in tune with the working class, then they're fucked anyway!
I don't really get the mentality of people who just snipe from the sidelines instead of getting behind the sort of person they supposedly support.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:But if people can't even be arsed to vote for Labour even if they get a leader that is supposed to be in tune with the working class, then they're fucked anyway!
I don't really get the mentality of people who just snipe from the sidelines instead of getting behind the sort of person they supposedly support.

Glutton for punishment.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:But if people can't even be arsed to vote for Labour even if they get a leader that is supposed to be in tune with the working class, then they're fucked anyway!
It's not a case of "can't be arsed" - people are politically conscious, they have opinions, there's just no alternative for them to vote for

Political parties are not the only way you can bring about change or improve your live. You can build outside of politics by getting involved in action, struggle, taking part in one of the thousands of community groups and networks. That's the real source of power.

People aren't daft either, they're under no illusion that one man, one figurehead, can change the will of an entire party containing hundreds of MPs, and also the state machinery which only shits on em, as well as the banks, corporations and other sources of power. To think one man can affect all this is daft. Only people on mass are strong enough.

I don't understand the mentality of voting for the socalled alternative, with their track record ffs, it's turkey's voting for christmas
Spudiator
Star Man

5 years ago

I really hope Corbyn gets the Labour leadership gig. Cameron is an utter cunt, and someone needs to stand up and call him out on it, all the other politicians seem far too spineless.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
It's not a case of "can't be arsed" - people are politically conscious, they have opinions, there's just no alternative for them to vote for

Political parties are not the only way you can bring about change or improve your live. You can build outside of politics by getting involved in action, struggle, taking part in one of the thousands of community groups and networks. That's the real source of power.

People aren't daft either, they're under no illusion that one man, one figurehead, can change the will of an entire party containing hundreds of MPs, and also the state machinery which only shits on em, as well as the banks, corporations and other sources of power. To think one man can affect all this is daft. Only people on mass are strong enough.

I don't understand the mentality of voting for the socalled alternative, with their track record ffs, it's turkey's voting for christmas

Nah sorry Sid, don't give a fuck about all the political bit but you said voting for Cameron was like Turkeys voting for Christmas, even though he was in a coalition, we are gonna need a substitute humorous analogy for the Turkey one Im afraid.