What are you reading?

The original Den of Iniquity
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

Next on my list Pikey - the wife is just finishing reading it.
BTW, did anyone read 'The Many' by Wyl Menmuir?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

5 months ago

Just finished reading Milkman Pikey.
Really enjoyed it. Awesome piece of writing. Quite exceptional.
Pikey McScum
Star Man

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
5 months ago
Just finished reading Milkman Pikey.
Really enjoyed it. Awesome piece of writing. Quite exceptional.
I'm going to finish it over the weekend Swamps (hopefully - realistically there'll be a sequel out by the time I'm finished lol)
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Add Lincoln in Bardo to the list. Truly exceptional piece of writing.
swampash
Legend

3 weeks ago

Just finishing Raynor Winn's The Salt Path.Homeless hikers. Not bad.
swampash
Legend

3 days ago

Enjoying reading Compton Mackenzie's Whisky Galore at the moment.
Over Christmas also got through a few other good reads.
Finally got around to reading Harpers Lees's To Kill a Mocking Bird. Truly excellent; one of the best books ever written.
Also Catherine Honeyman's The Orderly Entrepreneur - interesting account of the Rwandan Government's difficulties with introducing entrepreneurship into the national curriculum and how the pupils rejected the idea it was a legitimate academic subject. Flawed in parts - how can you write a book about entrepreneurship without first nailing what it is? - but worth reading. And Sid you'd like it for its assertion that the decision being part of a neoliberal plot.
Also just read Blood Salt Water by Denise Mina. I'm not an avid crime thriller reader, but glad I read this. Another very good piece of writing.
Also read Sally Rooney's Normal People. First half was interesting, but by the time I'd finished it I couldn't see what all the fuss is about. Quite disappointing and very derivative of better books.
Sid
Legend

2 days ago

swampash wrote:
3 days ago
Enjoying reading Compton Mackenzie's Whisky Galore at the moment.
Over Christmas also got through a few other good reads.
Finally got around to reading Harpers Lees's To Kill a Mocking Bird. Truly excellent; one of the best books ever written.
Also Catherine Honeyman's The Orderly Entrepreneur - interesting account of the Rwandan Government's difficulties with introducing entrepreneurship into the national curriculum and how the pupils rejected the idea it was a legitimate academic subject. Flawed in parts - how can you write a book about entrepreneurship without first nailing what it is? - but worth reading. And Sid you'd like it for its assertion that the decision being part of a neoliberal plot.
Also just read Blood Salt Water by Denise Mina. I'm not an avid crime thriller reader, but glad I read this. Another very good piece of writing.
Also read Sally Rooney's Normal People. First half was interesting, but by the time I'd finished it I couldn't see what all the fuss is about. Quite disappointing and very derivative of better books.
Class from the kids. They want to teach entrepreneurship in schools so kids are more valuable to capitalism. But it's not academia. Shit like space and microbes are academia. Learning how to run a business and make a load of dosh isn't.

Interesting how Rwanda rejected it. Here it would be embraced.