Coronavirus

Political Debate
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 week ago

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... 9-11962778

Complete lockdown in India for 21 days. 1.3 billion people.
FuB
Legend

1 week ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 week ago

hey ash... how are things? are you recovered?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

bman2 wrote:
1 week ago
Ironically, strictly from a beds/doctors perspective, the UK is probably better off than it looks. There's quite a large private healthcare system that has grown in recent years from all those with the means to escape the ever shittier NHS. Apparently the government has done a deal to use the private hospitals, which is a lot of additional beds and resources. Still far from ideal, and I would expect that the private sector would still be holding back resources so that for-pay patients can continue to get operations and procedures that the rest of the population won't have access to for quite a while.
Yeah private health companies are charging the NHS millions for beds. It's fucking disgusting. Profiting off a deadly pandemic. Capitalism has no shame. And anybody that condones this shite needs to sort their life out. A two tier health system were those with more money get better treatment is immoral. They should be nationalised in this crisis so more people can get treatment and survive. They've done this in Spain.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... own-2020-3
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

swampash wrote:
1 week ago
You may be right, but I'm still struggling a bit with the answer - if the most at risk are elderly with pre-existing health issues, then most of them presumably wouldn't be owners of businesses or indeed working. So why wouldn't you want to shield them right form the outset?
They must have realised boomer cynicism isn't a successful antidote to the virus. Damn
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 week ago

FuB wrote:
1 week ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 week ago

I'm sound mate. Honestly in 2 minds as to what it was. Very mild symptoms, so whatever it was, I've got off easy... you well?
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

Death toll in UK rises by 87 to 422

As of 9am on 24 March, a total of 90,436 have been tested: 82,359 negative. 8,077 positive.

As of 1pm, 422 patients who tested positive for coronavirus have sadly died.

The death rate is starting to go up in line with the Italian one. They've shut the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 week ago

Sid wrote:
1 week ago
Death toll in UK rises by 87 to 422

As of 9am on 24 March, a total of 90,436 have been tested: 82,359 negative. 8,077 positive.

As of 1pm, 422 patients who tested positive for coronavirus have sadly died.

The death rate is starting to go up in line with the Italian one. They've shut the stable door after the horse has bolted.
The case and death total has tracked in line with Italy almost identically. And our lockdown measures have come slower and been less rigorously enforced. Logically, the path from here will be even worse for the UK.
FuB
Legend

1 week ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 week ago
FuB wrote:
1 week ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 week ago

I'm sound mate. Honestly in 2 minds as to what it was. Very mild symptoms, so whatever it was, I've got off easy... you well?
glad to hear it. my sister (still in the uk) has similar symptoms to those you described - perhaps a bit stronger - and she was starting to worry. said i'd check that you'd survived.

i'm ok. all here close to me are also ok. the current numbers coming out of the italian health service are encouraging but it's early days and a long way to go still
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 week ago

I've heard from 2 work colleagues who had similar symptoms to what I've had, after being in the same work meeting. We all started just over a week ago and my symptoms have pretty much disappeared. They were the same yesterday but overnight they've both suffered from strong fever like symptoms, kidney pain and now have no sense of smell. Both feeling 'much worse' than at any point in the last week. So I'm hoping I dont go the same way!!
FuB
Legend

1 week ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 week ago
I've heard from 2 work colleagues who had similar symptoms to what I've had, after being in the same work meeting. We all started just over a week ago and my symptoms have pretty much disappeared. They were the same yesterday but overnight they've both suffered from strong fever like symptoms, kidney pain and now have no sense of smell. Both feeling 'much worse' than at any point in the last week. So I'm hoping I dont go the same way!!
i've definitely seen this loss of taste and smell being described as a newly discovered symptom in recent days. kidney pain isn't something i've seen except i'm sure the original information graphics on the bbc were showing kidneys as being involved earlier on but that seemed to have been changed more recently. i hope both your colleagues get through this ok and i hope you don't have to suffer a second wave.