Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 week ago
bman2 wrote:
1 week ago
We could see a line up like this:

DDG
Lindelof -- Maguire -- Jones (Tuanzebe?)
Wan-Bissaka -- Pereira -- Fred -- Williams
Lingard
James -- Rashford

A more or less full strength Spurs side is far better than that.
A full strength Preston side is better than that.
It's 'lucky' we played our top team then.

de Gea,
Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Young,
McTominay, Fred,
James, Lingard, Rashford,
Greenwood.

:))

McTominay makes a big difference. POTS so far. Really developing so fair play to Ole for that.

Greenwood contributed well too. Good movement and energy. Showed up Martials efforts of late.

A quality midfielder would help. 2 would make a huge difference.
There’s a lot to like about McT, but he’s still a poor passer. There’s effort and guts, not so much technical quality. It might sound harsh, but he might have to make way if we’re going to be a top team again, rather than a game raising banana skin club whose fans and managing celebrate beating any decent side like they’ve won a cup.
Lazarus
Legend

1 week ago

1 week ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago

de Gea,
McTominay, Fred,
Greenwood.

McTominay makes a big difference. POTS so far. Really developing so fair play to Ole for that.

Greenwood contributed well too. Good movement and energy. Showed up Martials efforts of late.

If only Ole was capable of your level of observation. But he has no experience so we're fucked.
He doesnt have the experience. But it's not why were fucked. One decent performance and win and you're giving it the billy big bollocks.
How am I giving it the billy big bollocks? I've made no claims about Ole, i'm saying what I see. I'm waiting to see what happens when he gets time and players. Just like I did with every other manager. Huge game tonight and Ole and the players nailed it. Jose didn't get to come back and gloat. What's not to like, unless your hoping Ole fails.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

1 week ago

bman2 wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
1 week ago
bman2 wrote:
1 week ago
We could see a line up like this:

DDG
Lindelof -- Maguire -- Jones (Tuanzebe?)
Wan-Bissaka -- Pereira -- Fred -- Williams
Lingard
James -- Rashford

A more or less full strength Spurs side is far better than that.

de Gea,
McTominay, Fred,
Greenwood.

There’s a lot to like about McT, but he’s still a poor passer. There’s effort and guts, not so much technical quality. It might sound harsh, but he might have to make way if we’re going to be a top team again, rather than a game raising banana skin club whose fans and managing celebrate beating any decent side like they’ve won a cup.
Imagine if we took the effort and guts of McT and the technical quality of Pogba you'd have a 90 mill player.

"a game raising banana skin club whose fans and managing celebrate beating any decent side like they’ve won a cup" :-o
swampash
Legend

1 week ago

Re McT - you can train a player to pass but not to have guts. I’d stick with him and invest in teaching him how to pass. It’s an easier option than taking a passer and trying to graft on some bollox imho.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 week ago

swampash wrote:
1 week ago
Re McT - you can train a player to pass but not to have guts. I’d stick with him and invest in teaching him how to pass. It’s an easier option than taking a passer and trying to graft on some bollox imho.
His passing is perhaps more exposed because we don't have proper, creative and technical midfielders in front of him. Get him shielding the back 4 and keeping it simple and he'll be spot on. A young, more mobile equivalent of a Matic. In his prime, Matic was a top player for championship winning sides.
jason_uk
First Teamer

1 week ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
jason_uk wrote:
1 week ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
jason_uk wrote:
1 week ago
Andreas is so shit.. gonna cost us this game.
What's he done wrong since he came on?

Was streaming on my phone, he lost the ball twice in quick succession, 1 leading to a break away for spurs.
He is not a good player, with mct it looked like he had something about him.. and that has come to fore this season.
But Andreas, sorry hes not showing it for me.
Cost fuck all and he's getting stuck in cause we need him. Who bigged him up, who said he would be good let alone great? He didn't. He's been given the chance and he's doing his best in a shitty set up. But the whining on here about him is piss poor.
Yep, in the end he didnt cost us, but doesn't change my opinion on him much.

Where does he play? What's his best position?
Hes been given a fair crack at it this season, and in my humble opinion, hes not looking good enough for us.

Hes not a young player, turning 24 next month, compare him to an actual youngster mct, and there isnt a comparison to be had.

Because he hasn't bigged himself up, doesn't mean he cant be assessed, and compared to others in the 11.

Super result in the end, sets it up nicely for saturday.
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

McTs passing is alright IMO. He's never gonna be Scholes because that's not his game. But for an all round midfielder his passing is decent. He gets his head up and drills balls on the ground in to feet pretty accurately and with good pace on em. For a 22 year old that's a good foundation. If they work on his passing in training, he'll get better. Although we'll still need a top ball player alongside him.

Also, just think, it could be Static in that role who doesn't look up, only plays it sideways, doesn't move, can't tackle, can't sprint, can't put himself about. So yeah McT is decent.
dozer
Legend

1 week ago

I think McT is a very good passer. He's not a creative player but he's very good at keeping possession, passing with tempo and is decent in retaining possession under pressure.
Who's better?
Lazarus
Legend

1 week ago

jason_uk wrote:
1 week ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
jason_uk wrote:
1 week ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 week ago
jason_uk wrote:
1 week ago
Andreas is so shit.. gonna cost us this game.
What's he done wrong since he came on?

Was streaming on my phone, he lost the ball twice in quick succession, 1 leading to a break away for spurs.
He is not a good player, with mct it looked like he had something about him.. and that has come to fore this season.
But Andreas, sorry hes not showing it for me.
Cost fuck all and he's getting stuck in cause we need him. Who bigged him up, who said he would be good let alone great? He didn't. He's been given the chance and he's doing his best in a shitty set up. But the whining on here about him is piss poor.
Yep, in the end he didnt cost us, but doesn't change my opinion on him much.

Where does he play? What's his best position?
Hes been given a fair crack at it this season, and in my humble opinion, hes not looking good enough for us.

Hes not a young player, turning 24 next month, compare him to an actual youngster mct, and there isnt a comparison to be had.

Because he hasn't bigged himself up, doesn't mean he cant be assessed, and compared to others in the 11.

Super result in the end, sets it up nicely for saturday.
I agree you are bang on.

You haven't been one of the dickheads on here using Pereira as a reason to lie about my opinion.
Sid
Legend

1 week ago