vs Sheffield United

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

2 weeks ago

Bad team for us stylistically. And McTominay's injured, so the midfield is gonna be basic.
FuB
Legend

2 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
2 weeks ago
Bad team for us stylistically. And McTominay's injured, so the midfield is gonna be static.
fixed that for you, Sid
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

2 weeks ago

If we can't keep a clean sheet against Sheffield, who have no attack at all, it will be the final nail in the coffin of the myth that we had a good summer window. "Oh but at least we sorted the defence". £140M on the defence and we can't keep a clean sheet, even with our negative tactics.
swampash
Legend

2 weeks ago

I wonder why Ole hasn't tried repurposing a full back yet for the midfield?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
marlon
Legend

2 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
2 weeks ago
If we can't keep a clean sheet against Sheffield, who have no attack at all, it will be the final nail in the coffin of the myth that we had a good summer window. "Oh but at least we sorted the defence". £140M on the defence and we can't keep a clean sheet, even with our negative tactics.
We obviously had a bad window because the team got worse, but at this point the only decision I don't like (aside from all the players we didn't buy) is letting Smalling go to Roma.
marlon
Legend

2 weeks ago

swampash wrote:
2 weeks ago
They're all injured. Tuanzebe had a game there at some point
bman2
Legend

2 weeks ago

swampash wrote:
2 weeks ago
Maguire does significantly more penetrative passing than McTomunay and Fred. Neither of them seem to have to have the skill to pass through the lines, which is why we create next to nothing from open play, although I think that is what Fred was bought to do. Maybe Rojo worth a shot as a DM/
bman2
Legend

2 weeks ago

marlon wrote:
2 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
2 weeks ago
We obviously had a bad window because the team got worse, but at this point the only decision I don't like (aside from all the players we didn't buy) is letting Smalling go to Roma.
With Maguire turning like an ocean going liner, smalling’s pace would be useful to us. It would be suicide to ever play a high line with Maguire and Lindelof.
Sid
Legend

2 weeks ago

marlon wrote:
2 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
2 weeks ago
He's our only pacy CB but don't forget, he is shite.
Lazarus
Legend

2 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
2 weeks ago
swampash wrote:
2 weeks ago
Maguire does significantly more penetrative passing than McTomunay and Fred. Neither of them seem to have to have the skill to pass through the lines, which is why we create next to nothing from open play, although I think that is what Fred was bought to do. Maybe Rojo worth a shot as a DM/
Any evidence of this bollocks?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X