vs arsenal

Forum for match day threads

number of crosses tbf

0-10 wont see the ball enough to put crosses in
25%
10-40 (young and bellendcia on the bench)
25%
40-50
No votes
50-60
10%
60-70
5%
70-80
No votes
80-the big 100 (young and bellendcia both start)
10%
lkhmotes out
25%

Total votes: 20
RedFish
Reserves

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Ok then, so back to your original question of what there is to be optimistic about.

1) Now SAF has gone, at least we are addressing the central midfield problem. It's been a long long time coming. Even since Becks started in central midfield for us against Munich in the CL final you could argue that we have never found sufficient quality in numbers there to learn, supplement and eventually in these last years to take over from Scholes and Keane. The midfield we have to endure now is a result of this failure to plan adequately....
2) Moyes seems to be managing Rooney better than SAF, and it looks like he will sign a new contract. He's not my favourite character off the pitch, but on it his quality (and attitude) stands out like a sore thumb.No wonder Chelsea want him, who wouldn't?
3) He's given Januzaj his chance and got him signed up. Others doubted whether he'd fuck it up but no, he was confident and in the end it was done, no problem.
4) De Gea, looks likely to sign another long term contract.
5) Mata has signed!
5) The response of the board in their determination to sign a glut of world class players is encouraging!!!!

Most clubs don't have a fraction of the success we have enjoyed over the last 20+ years. We are sooooo lucky. All this (in my humble opinion) negative attitude smacks of spoilt children being denied their candy.

I've always believed it is the later Ferguson years which have completed fucked it up. He left this club in shit.......and Moyes now has to pick up the pieces.......He needs time......…

As regards being spoiled? We've had some great times and done well in the Prem, but every time we've got close to being a truly top European team the investment wasn't there. We went for potential on a budget rather than buying the one or two world class talents a season that would take us to the top..
Agree with this bit 100%. Could never understand this. Have to keep moving fwd. Look to improve. Strengthen. Stand still and you get left behind. Fergie's ego??? I do wonder if he could even stand the possibilty of Mourinho waltzing into OT and winning 3 European Cups in 5 years for example. Now that would have fucked him off to an early grave lol
RedFish
Reserves

6 years ago

forgot to mention another positive:

we got some damn good players out on loan a la Powell, Zaha too

Hope they get a chance next season!
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

RedFish wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Ok then, so back to your original question of what there is to be optimistic about.

1) Now SAF has gone, at least we are addressing the central midfield problem. It's been a long long time coming. Even since Becks started in central midfield for us against Munich in the CL final you could argue that we have never found sufficient quality in numbers there to learn, supplement and eventually in these last years to take over from Scholes and Keane. The midfield we have to endure now is a result of this failure to plan adequately....
2) Moyes seems to be managing Rooney better than SAF, and it looks like he will sign a new contract. He's not my favourite character off the pitch, but on it his quality (and attitude) stands out like a sore thumb.No wonder Chelsea want him, who wouldn't?
3) He's given Januzaj his chance and got him signed up. Others doubted whether he'd fuck it up but no, he was confident and in the end it was done, no problem.
4) De Gea, looks likely to sign another long term contract.
5) Mata has signed!
5) The response of the board in their determination to sign a glut of world class players is encouraging!!!!

Most clubs don't have a fraction of the success we have enjoyed over the last 20+ years. We are sooooo lucky. All this (in my humble opinion) negative attitude smacks of spoilt children being denied their candy.

I've always believed it is the later Ferguson years which have completed fucked it up. He left this club in shit.......and Moyes now has to pick up the pieces.......He needs time......…

As regards being spoiled? We've had some great times and done well in the Prem, but every time we've got close to being a truly top European team the investment wasn't there. We went for potential on a budget rather than buying the one or two world class talents a season that would take us to the top..
Agree with this bit 100%. Could never understand this. Have to keep moving fwd. Look to improve. Strengthen. Stand still and you get left behind. Fergie's ego??? I do wonder if he could even stand the possibilty of Mourinho waltzing into OT and winning 3 European Cups in 5 years for example. Now that would have fucked him off to an early grave lol
Mourinho winning 3 UCLs in 5 years? :))
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Yeah, I can't see Mourinho winning even one Chamnps league with the "new" United... having said that, I see his point... Ferguson ruled the Premier league for more 20 years, but his record in Europe was ordinary... I bet it would put his big purple nose right out of place, if another manager came in and won a few Euro cups...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
danniitronix
Legend

6 years ago

I went to the game, cold, miserable and a shit game. Arsenal fans booing at the end as they saw United for the taking but Arsenal were also toothless without Walcock and Ramsey.

A sad reflection of two sides that fpr the best part of a decade raped each other.

What was comical is seeing Gollum get vexed for the most stupid of offences. He was jumping up and down as if his mum had been shot. Looked like he was show boating for the press.

The performance shows how backwards Mata has gone already with 3-4 training sessions with Gollum.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

Mata's class, we could see that in the game.
he's being deployed as a winger. Not sure if that's a good idea personally.
3 man midfield please Moyes!
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

danniitronix wrote:I went to the game, cold, miserable and a shit game. Arsenal fans booing at the end as they saw United for the taking but Arsenal were also toothless without Walcock and Ramsey.

A sad reflection of two sides that fpr the best part of a decade raped each other.

What was comical is seeing Gollum get vexed for the most stupid of offences. He was jumping up and down as if his mum had been shot. Looked like he was show boating for the press.

The performance shows how backwards Mata has gone already with 3-4 training sessions with Gollum.

Arsenal fans booing and their up there fighting for the title. Any boos from our fans?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
danniitronix wrote:I went to the game, cold, miserable and a shit game. Arsenal fans booing at the end as they saw United for the taking but Arsenal were also toothless without Walcock and Ramsey.

Arsenal fans booing and their up there fighting for the title. Any boos from our fans?
If any fans should boo it should be United after winning the fuckin league last season. Boo the manager, the players, coaching staff, the owners and even that old cunt in the stands who left us with this shyte. I can't even be arsed to watch games anymore ~ just makes me suck watching us play now. Sad
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Arsenal fans booing and their up there fighting for the title. Any boos from our fans?
Listening to the ESPN FC podcast, I heard one of the guest pundits, who was at the match, say that the United supporters were magnificent, singing something like 'we stand behind David Moyes' for more than ten minutes.
danniitronix
Legend

6 years ago

No boos from our fans, they were quiet and having a laugh at arsenal unable to bum us.

The fate has been accepted. The sight of Gollum jumping up and down like a turd on the tide was just embarrassing even to Wenger.