vs arsenal

Forum for match day threads

number of crosses tbf

0-10 wont see the ball enough to put crosses in
25%
10-40 (young and bellendcia on the bench)
25%
40-50
No votes
50-60
10%
60-70
5%
70-80
No votes
80-the big 100 (young and bellendcia both start)
10%
lkhmotes out
25%

Total votes: 20
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

RedFish wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
RedFish wrote:That was better....pleased with that
WHY? Why are you pleased with that ? What good did that do? What was good about it?
Jesus! Give me strength! It seems everyone has to have a doomed, We're totally fucked forever attitude on here, seriously!!!!! LOL

Lazarus, I choose to be optimistic because I have to support this club through thick and thin. If I decide a point and decent performance against title contenders is a pleasing result then it's my right to be optimistic about it. If you don't agree - i don't care to be honest...

The situation this club is in, it needs all the support it can get in my humble opinion, so I choose to give it. If we are shit against Palace, I will say so too.

No offence mate, but your negativity stinks, but hey it's your choice..... ;)

My electricity went off again and has just come on again so missed the match and missed MOTD. So TBF i can't really comment on tonights game. BUT i've seen every second of every other game this season and commented on every one on here, so where i stand is available to read.

You''re right, you are entitled to your opinion and when did i say you weren't, it's kind of the point of a forum. So if you don't like being called on you're opinion you're in the wrong fucking place. It's easy to avoid being here. If your going to stay, stop whining about your rights and instead put you energy into answering the questions i asked cause as a long time supporter and ranter i have no clue how the fuck you see anything to be optimistic about!

Also i've no idea where you get the notion that i think we are fucked forever from. Seriously!

You're "support" amounts to a steaming pile of shit TBH (as does my lack of). What would count, support wise, is support from our owners and a modicum of inspiration from our manager. Only one of these two has the remotest chance of providing anything.

But listen you keep posting your quality red nonsense. The team needs all the support it can get. ;)
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lars072
Legend

6 years ago

When was the last time we actually won a game? Seems like forever

We must be near bottom of the form table for games in 2014. Relegation form no?
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

We played okay against Arsenal, they're title contenders and we've managed a clean sheet and a draw in the away game.
I'll take that, until things improve
Snoopcousins
Legend

6 years ago

dozer wrote:We played okay against Arsenal, they're title contenders and we've managed a clean sheet and a draw in the away game.
I'll take that, until things improve
How far we have fallen.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

They aren't title contenders really tbf,

They will finish 4th or 5th
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Red legend
Star Man

6 years ago

There were aspects to be positive about. Saying that, who do you want to take the title?. Me, arsenal over the other cunts , so I don't begrudge them a point.

Still lots of fucking long bls hoofed up, even when no apparent immediate danger was present.

I hate to admit it, but a win last night would create false optimism re mediocre Moyes.

Arsenal wi fucking choke , the thought of the scouse getting a sniff of the cup is beyond vile.
Red legend
Star Man

6 years ago

At least relegation would guarantee top spot :)
RedFish
Reserves

6 years ago

Lazarus wrote:
RedFish wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
RedFish wrote:That was better....pleased with that
WHY? Why are you pleased with that ? What good did that do? What was good about it?
Jesus! Give me strength! It seems everyone has to have a doomed, We're totally fucked forever attitude on here, seriously!!!!! LOL

Lazarus, I choose to be optimistic because I have to support this club through thick and thin. If I decide a point and decent performance against title contenders is a pleasing result then it's my right to be optimistic about it. If you don't agree - i don't care to be honest...

The situation this club is in, it needs all the support it can get in my humble opinion, so I choose to give it. If we are shit against Palace, I will say so too.

No offence mate, but your negativity stinks, but hey it's your choice..... ;)

My electricity went off again and has just come on again so missed the match and missed MOTD. So TBF i can't really comment on tonights game. BUT i've seen every second of every other game this season and commented on every one on here, so where i stand is available to read.

You''re right, you are entitled to your opinion and when did i say you weren't, it's kind of the point of a forum. So if you don't like being called on you're opinion you're in the wrong fucking place. It's easy to avoid being here. If your going to stay, stop whining about your rights and instead put you energy into answering the questions i asked cause as a long time supporter and ranter i have no clue how the fuck you see anything to be optimistic about!

Also i've no idea where you get the notion that i think we are fucked forever from. Seriously!

You're "support" amounts to a steaming pile of shit TBH (as does my lack of). What would count, support wise, is support from our owners and a modicum of inspiration from our manager. Only one of these two has the remotest chance of providing anything.

But listen you keep posting your quality red nonsense. The team needs all the support it can get. ;)
Ok then, so back to your original question of what there is to be optimistic about.

1) Now SAF has gone, at least we are addressing the central midfield problem. It's been a long long time coming. Even since Becks started in central midfield for us against Munich in the CL final you could argue that we have never found sufficient quality in numbers there to learn, supplement and eventually in these last years to take over from Scholes and Keane. The midfield we have to endure now is a result of this failure to plan adequately....
2) Moyes seems to be managing Rooney better than SAF, and it looks like he will sign a new contract. He's not my favourite character off the pitch, but on it his quality (and attitude) stands out like a sore thumb.No wonder Chelsea want him, who wouldn't?
3) He's given Januzaj his chance and got him signed up. Others doubted whether he'd fuck it up but no, he was confident and in the end it was done, no problem.
4) De Gea, looks likely to sign another long term contract.
5) Mata has signed!
5) The response of the board in their determination to sign a glut of world class players is encouraging!!!!

Most clubs don't have a fraction of the success we have enjoyed over the last 20+ years. We are sooooo lucky. All this (in my humble opinion) negative attitude smacks of spoilt children being denied their candy.

I've always believed it is the later Ferguson years which have completed fucked it up. He left this club in shit.......and Moyes now has to pick up the pieces.......He needs time.........
Digga
Youth Teamer

6 years ago

RedFish wrote:
Most clubs don't have a fraction of the success we have enjoyed over the last 20+ years. We are sooooo lucky. All this (in my humble opinion) negative attitude smacks of spoilt children being denied their candy.

I've always believed it is the later Ferguson years which have completed fucked it up. He left this club in shit.......and Moyes now has to pick up the pieces.......He needs time.........

I agree with a lot of what you've said, and yes I have been spoilt. But so fucking what. i like watching good, entertaining football. And thats the real problem...

Yes, i agree Ferguson fucked it up at the end and left a big pile of poo for the next guy. i was not expecting us to win the league, and that fact that is being borne out is not what im so fucked off about. its the fact we are playing some of the worst football in the league (82 corsses in one game ffs?). if we were loosing whilst playing well (no moyles, were really not) i wouldnt be shouting at the tv in frustration!!! that is all down to moyles and his caoches. they can all fuck off.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

Ok then, so back to your original question of what there is to be optimistic about.

1) Now SAF has gone, at least we are addressing the central midfield problem. It's been a long long time coming. Even since Becks started in central midfield for us against Munich in the CL final you could argue that we have never found sufficient quality in numbers there to learn, supplement and eventually in these last years to take over from Scholes and Keane. The midfield we have to endure now is a result of this failure to plan adequately....
2) Moyes seems to be managing Rooney better than SAF, and it looks like he will sign a new contract. He's not my favourite character off the pitch, but on it his quality (and attitude) stands out like a sore thumb.No wonder Chelsea want him, who wouldn't?
3) He's given Januzaj his chance and got him signed up. Others doubted whether he'd fuck it up but no, he was confident and in the end it was done, no problem.
4) De Gea, looks likely to sign another long term contract.
5) Mata has signed!
5) The response of the board in their determination to sign a glut of world class players is encouraging!!!!

I've always believed it is the later Ferguson years which have completed fucked it up. He left this club in shit.......and Moyes now has to pick up the pieces.......He needs time......…

1 The midfield problem hasn't been addressed. Fella will not improve our team other than being another body. Mata isn't a midfielder. As regards Fergie i was as pissed off then as i am now, we've been crying out for a midfielder for far too long.

2 Moyes is only managing Rooney better by not being Fergie, that's hardly a plus point.

3 Ok he gave Jacuzzi his chance but lets face it he'd need to be fucking blind not to see his talent.

4 Happy days.

5 Again happy days.

5 Let's just wait and see we've heard it all before and i just don't trust either their desire to spend or Moyes ability to spend it, or manage the team.

As regards being spoiled? We've had some great times and done well in the Prem, but every time we've got close to being a truly top European team the investment wasn't there. We went for potential on a budget rather than buying the one or two world class talents a season that would take us to the top. So rather than feeling spoiled i feel short changed over the course of years or since the Glazers raped the club. Fergie also has to carry the can and for me his biggest crime was having the arrogance to prove the class of '92 wasn't a fluke but that he could spot a cheap talent every time. I believe this was his greatest flaw but i'll happily buy into other peoples criticisms regarding the Glazers and towing the line.

Moyes has inherited a bad hand but not as bad as he makes us look. His lack of tactics is shocking and will not improve sufficiently to make us a top European team, ever. Needs time my arse.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X