v Swansea

Forum for match day threads
Post Reply
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

3 years ago

Another nailbiting 90 mins ahead, surely we should beat this lot in our own back yard ?

Trouble is I'm not confident at all.

Ususal cuprits injury wise, Lingaard ( hamstring), Rojo ( Shoulder), Valencia ( Ankle / Foot), shaw ( Broken Leg)

Still leaves us with a good selection, we should win 3-0 but knowing LVG, we will want to play safe, so expect lots of posession, lots of back and sideways passing, and no-one willing to run at defenders with the ball.

We should play :

De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Schiederlin, Mata, Depay, Martial Hererra.

but we wont.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
just1n
Legend
Posts: 3075
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Africa

3 years ago

Carrick has been woeful especially when paired with Schneiderlin. And Jones/Mcnair instead of Smalling? WTF?
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Davel
Legend
Posts: 1180
Joined: 3 years ago

3 years ago

Mumford wrote:Another nailbiting 90 mins ahead, surely we should beat this lot in our own back yard ?

Trouble is I'm not confident at all.

Ususal cuprits injury wise, Lingaard ( hamstring), Rojo ( Shoulder), Valencia ( Ankle / Foot), shaw ( Broken Leg)

Still leaves us with a good selection, we should win 3-0 but knowing LVG, we will want to play safe, so expect lots of posession, lots of back and sideways passing, and no-one willing to run at defenders with the ball.

We should play :

De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Schiederlin, Mata, Depay, Martial Hererra.

but we wont.
are u being serious or are u after getting lvg sacked and his bitch giggs the job if we played that lot we would lose by 3, mc panic, jones, blind and slow,over the hill carrick and mata no place any 3 of them were fooked 2 of em and its a draw.
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:I think its fair to say Trouser that Smallings little "purple patch" that lasted about 10 games is well and truly over. He is officially dog shit. Your only going to get away with defending like an octopus falling out of a tree for so long. He looks his lost self again I reckon. Jo-Mo or Pep would have him off to Sunderland pronto.
Exactly my feelings, he has been poor to say the least the last couple of games, saying that they all have, but Smalling has been found wanting, and out of position on more than several occasions.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23411
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

How dare you single out one player
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

3 years ago

Davel wrote:
Mumford wrote:Another nailbiting 90 mins ahead, surely we should beat this lot in our own back yard ?

Trouble is I'm not confident at all.

Ususal cuprits injury wise, Lingaard ( hamstring), Rojo ( Shoulder), Valencia ( Ankle / Foot), shaw ( Broken Leg)

Still leaves us with a good selection, we should win 3-0 but knowing LVG, we will want to play safe, so expect lots of posession, lots of back and sideways passing, and no-one willing to run at defenders with the ball.

We should play :

De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Schiederlin, Mata, Depay, Martial Hererra.

but we wont.
are u being serious or are u after getting lvg sacked and his bitch giggs the job if we played that lot we would lose by 3, mc panic, jones, blind and slow,over the hill carrick and mata no place any 3 of them were fooked 2 of em and its a draw.
I don't get you, Blind is a far better LB than Darmian, and when he was deputy for Shaw last time he performed really well, better him than a player totally out of osition like Young or Depay.
Carrick would be fine as an anchor in front of the back four, or cover when McNair or Jones went up for corners, put Depay in the hole behind Martial, Darmian and Blind have the pace and stamina to get wide and put crosses in, from what I've seen their crosses are ten times better than Ashley fucking Youngs. That leaves Herrera to roam free and help out in midfield, with Mata giving more wiidth, or running at the defence down the channel, we are at home remember, and we need goals, we are not going to get them sitting back playing in midfield all the time.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

3 years ago

Sid wrote:How dare you single out one player
I do fucking dare !

Smalling is total bollocks, he was never fit to wear a United shirt, just not good enough.
Rio was better than him in his final season FFS.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23411
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

I think you'll find when Smalling gives the ball away he actually kicks it against the philosophy
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

3 years ago

Sid wrote:I think you'll find when Smalling gives the ball away he actually kicks it against the philosophy

I think you'll find when Smalling gives the ball away, the opposition score.

If he were fit I'd play Rojo before him...

On second thoughts, no.... an unfit Rojo is better than a fit Smalling
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7321
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Mumford wrote:
Sid wrote:I think you'll find when Smalling gives the ball away he actually kicks it against the philosophy

I think you'll find when Smalling gives the ball away, the opposition score.

If he were fit I'd play Rojo before him...

On second thoughts, no.... an unfit Rojo is better than a fit Smalling
If a CB loses possession it gives the other team a chance to score? Not a revolutionary insight there tbf.
Post Reply